Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited June 2019
    I do have some news that I've been permitted to mention. The potential new buyer whom I am aware of who emerged after Wembley, has been told that a deal (with another party) is almost done, but if it isn't closed by Tuesday, this buyer will be given a short run at closing it. I have not been told who the likely buying party is, and it may be that this buyer does not know either. 

Let's hope that is true. I trust my source, whom I have known for a while. While I'm intrigued by the interested party I know of, being from this neck of the woods, I just want a sale done, fast, we are bleeding talent and it is breaking my heart.
    Although this is encouraging news, I’m not getting my hopes up. I'll get exited WIOTOS
  • Great news Prague
  • I do have some news that I've been permitted to mention. The potential new buyer whom I am aware of who emerged after Wembley, has been told that a deal (with another party) is almost done, but if it isn't closed by Tuesday, this buyer will be given a short run at closing it. I have not been told who the likely buying party is, and it may be that this buyer does not know either. 

Let's hope that is true. I trust my source, whom I have known for a while. While I'm intrigued by the interested party I know of, being from this neck of the woods, I just want a sale done, fast, we are bleeding talent and it is breaking my heart.
    Hopefully a shorter run at closing than the Aussie's and even more hopefully not necessary at all. I get you're last paragraph - imagine if today's signings weren't replacing heart breaking departures.
  • I do have some news that I've been permitted to mention. The potential new buyer whom I am aware of who emerged after Wembley, has been told that a deal (with another party) is almost done, but if it isn't closed by Tuesday, this buyer will be given a short run at closing it. I have not been told who the likely buying party is, and it may be that this buyer does not know either. 

Even if it turns out to be bull... thanks for sharing. Helps my cold bottle of London Pride go down very nicely.
  • Encouraging post, thank you @PragueAddick
  • Well, the first club sale info that I have actually got excited about. Prague thank you!
  • Scoham said:
    I can’t see Dalman buying us without the funding to make it worthwhile. He’s worked in football long enough to know you can’t break even, never mind make a profit from just staying in the Championship.
    If Dalman did not think he could do well with us, he would just stay with Cardiff, where he is already well-liked by fans and has had significant success. If he is coming here, it only makes sense if his goal is to significantly improve Charlton’s standing in English football, otherwise he is better off where he is already. This seems self-evident. So in my mind, I feel good about our chances if Dalman buys the club, as long as it is ALL of the club.
  • Oggy Red said:
    bobmunro said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Have to say if I was the Aussies, or Dalman, I'd walk away, like probably countless other potential owners already have.

The fans, players and management are suffering because we're owned by someone with a tenuous grip on reality. And it goes on.
    Pretty sure they soon will walk away.

How much do you want for the club?
    33m.
    Ok great, let's sign the paperwork and get the deal done for 33m.
    Sorry I now want 40m.
    A bit like Ryan Air's fare structure. That's £39 - oh you want a seat? That's another £30.

Cheap Flights Song:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPyl2tOaKxM

This only got a couple of likes deserves so much more. Anyone dont think its all that at the start stick with it. Proper thanks oggy red.
  • Break out the ITS HAPPENING gifs
  • Sponsored links:

• Ferryman said:
    I do have some news that I've been permitted to mention. The potential new buyer whom I am aware of who emerged after Wembley, has been told that a deal (with another party) is almost done, but if it isn't closed by Tuesday, this buyer will be given a short run at closing it. I have not been told who the likely buying party is, and it may be that this buyer does not know either. 

Hopefully a shorter run at closing than the Aussie's and even more hopefully not necessary at all. I get you're last paragraph - imagine if today's signings weren't replacing heart breaking departures.
    Yes, I had not actually read about today's signings when I wrote that, so I feel better all round than I did some three hours ago. G&T for me, I think

You in competition with @JamesSeed mate? Why don't people just keep their cards close to their chest until such a time as they know that the info they have is 100% verified and therefore can be disseminated.

What is it with wanting to curry favour with the CL masses when there is no real evidence to support such claims? 

I guess narcissism comes into it.

Here's a novel idea. Just keep quiet until you actually know that something is genuinely stirring in the pot.
    Nah where's the fun in that? This thread would be tiny. 
  • Prague you are so right the young players we have lost is a crime.

You in competition with @JamesSeed mate? Why don't people just keep their cards close to their chest until such a time as they know that the info they have is 100% verified and therefore can be disseminated.

What is it with wanting to curry favour with the CL masses when there is no real evidence to support such claims? 

I guess narcissism comes into it.

Here's a novel idea. Just keep quiet until you actually know that something is genuinely stirring in the pot.
    I hope you're joking. Ridiculous post if not. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Silly post Baz,
    You’re right. Didn’t contain a single fish pun. 
    It was a fish curry he was referring to.
  • I’ve haddock enough of being a prawn in Roland’s game.
  •  My goldfish Gilbert said he has a good feeling in his waters. I just hope the filter system is not the cause and good news follows very soon...It’s happening!
  • Told you it felt different this time :-)
  • I’ve haddock enough of being a prawn in Roland’s game.
    Image result for mongo only pawn in game of life gif
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!