Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Wasn’t Dalman before Wembley though? Think it was March when the bid was made public?
    Yes. The person who has come along post Wembley is not in the public domain but known to @PragueAddick. He has been told he can have a run at it if another party, either Dalman or the Aussies, doesn’t seal a deal by Tuesday. 
    I'm not that bothered who takes us over. It's a bit harsh, IMO, if Dalman has been given the same deadline as the Aussies, and they've been hanging around like a bad smell for the last 2 years...
  • Are we all in agreement the club will be sold one way or another by next Tuesday then? Having skimmed through the past 100 or so posts the mood certainly seems to have changed. 
  • Chizz said:
    Dalman is the party that has been given until Tuesday.  That deadline has been driven not by Irritable Belgian Shit himself, but by Cardiff City, who want his confirmation that he will be there for the 2019/20 season, which starts (in FY terms) on Monday.  So by Monday, he will either have closed the deal to buy Charlton or will have settled his future at Cardiff.  

This means that on Tuesday, a.n.other can step in, with a small window to complete DD, sort out what to do about the Directors' loans and close the deal for Charlton.  It's a short window for two reasons.  First, because the Irritable Belgian Shit wants to sell, and the sooner, the better.  And second, because he can only stall the Aussies for so long.  If a.n.other's deal fails to close, it's back to antipodeans.  

The Aussies now have to sit back, wait and pick over the carcass over the deal once the two players in the queue ahead of them fail in their bids. 

When will it end?  It's a one month-only race.  Book-ended by the 1 July start of the new football financial year and the 1 August start of the Ashes. 

All to play for: one month to go.  
    Looks like another season of the helmet. 
  • Chizz said:
    Dalman is the party that has been given until Tuesday.  That deadline has been driven not by Irritable Belgian Shit himself, but by Cardiff City, who want his confirmation that he will be there for the 2019/20 season, which starts (in FY terms) on Monday.  So by Monday, he will either have closed the deal to buy Charlton or will have settled his future at Cardiff.  

This means that on Tuesday, a.n.other can step in, with a small window to complete DD, sort out what to do about the Directors' loans and close the deal for Charlton.  It's a short window for two reasons.  First, because the Irritable Belgian Shit wants to sell, and the sooner, the better.  And second, because he can only stall the Aussies for so long.  If a.n.other's deal fails to close, it's back to antipodeans.  

The Aussies now have to sit back, wait and pick over the carcass over the deal once the two players in the queue ahead of them fail in their bids. 

When will it end?  It's a one month-only race.  Book-ended by the 1 July start of the new football financial year and the 1 August start of the Ashes. 

Do you know or assume this chizz?
  • 1829, Oxford University win the first Boat Race.
  • Uboat said:
    That’s all done now so let’s move on. 

So so who do we think (if true) has been set the Tuesday deadline? The Aussies, Dalman, the third party? All? None?
    It can only be Dalman . My guess is Dalman has said to RD he’s pulling out this week and RD has given the Aussies til Tuesday  .I  Cant see the Aussies taking over myself.
    So it's the Aussies who have been given the deadline. 
    I hope so 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Chizz said:

Good question. Sounds like an interpretation to me and I think it's wrong. 
  • Uboat said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chizz said:

Good question. Sounds like an interpretation to me and I think it's wrong. 
    What's your source? 
  • edited June 2019
    That’s all done now so let’s move on. 

So so who do we think (if true) has been set the Tuesday deadline? The Aussies, Dalman, the third party? All? None?

I feel Tuesday is not a day to be looked at as D day sorry about that , 

next week I agree will have some relevance but I can’t hejp but think there’s a lot more to go on and that 4 days is not feasible 
  • Chizz said:

Sounds like bollox.  But plausible bollox (for a change), so sign me up.  Looks like a month of frantic F5.  At least the football starts on the 3rd...
  • Chizz, Dalman was known to all here before Wembley, thus the horse on the far rails with the late run is someone else. Unless you can post some actual facts.
  • CatAddick said:
    Chizz said:

Sounds like bollox.  But plausible bollox (for a change), so sign me up.  Looks like a month of frantic F5.  At least the football starts on the 3rd...

I dont think Chizz is too far away from the truth there to be honest 

if Tuesday is deadline day and I hate it when dates are added as it leads to absolutely carnage on social media and here and all other avenues

then I’d say that it is RD and or Dalman who’s set the deadline for each other 

This then either  closes all the doors and we are under new ownership or it leaves it for the other two to pick the bones and scramble a deal together 
  • Redskin said:
    Fuck the dull, repetitive, humourless fish puns.
    Agreed . The worst think that can happen to this thread is “this year in history” and fish puns combined....
  • Chizz, Dalman was known to all here before Wembley, thus the horse on the far rails with the late run is someone else. Unless you can post some actual facts.
    I didn't  know about Dalman until the Walesonline article was reported here on 12 June - more than two weeks after Wembley. It was reported that the interest started some months before but it was certainly not widely known.
    If Prague is on the money then it's the Aussies by Tuesday, and if not then Dalman has a shot.
  • The fish puns have run their course. Onward with the Hakeover thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don’t care who’s set a ‘deadline’ just hope it has a semblance of truth and parties either put up or shut up.  I love this bloody club, but if I was trying to buy it, this shambles would have worn me down long before now
  • In fact, bizarrely, the only thing that has kept me same IS the history of fish
    C'mon. You're not thinking laterally.
  • Redskin said:
    Agreed . The worst think that can happen to this thread is “this year in history” and fish puns combined....

there's a challenge for you @happyvalley

A combined history year and fish pin every 30 posts.

I didn’t know about him before Wembley!
  • edited June 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:
    bobmunro said:
    Uboat said:
    1825, The world's first modern railway opens . The Stockton and Darlington Railway.
    Who'd wanna travel from Stockton to Darlo, or Darlo to Stockton?
    Flag-worthy comment on a Charlton forum. Stockton-Darlington was opened to transport coal, not people. 
    The geezers meant to be a Mod....

You mean he owns a Lambretta ?
    I think Rob is more a Vespa man.
    Parked it outside his shop in Grove Park.
    He had a shop in Grove Park? What sort? He has never mentioned it as far as I am aware. 
    It was a fish shop, I believe.
    I thought it was a knocking shop.
    Ah yes, my mistake. There was something about the smell of the place...
  • Redskin said:

there's a challenge for you @happyvalley

A combined history year and fish pin every 30 posts.

You’ve thrown him a line now, but I think you’ve done him hook line and sinker now !
    oh my Cod, I’ve got involved in fish puns 😉
    Now, now - you making fun of fish is beyond the pale.
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz, Dalman was known to all here before Wembley, thus the horse on the far rails with the late run is someone else. Unless you can post some actual facts.
    Yes. That's what I posted.

Here's a fact: @PragueAddick posted this The potential new buyer whom I am aware of who emerged after Wembley, has been told that a deal (with another party) is almost done, but if it isn't closed by Tuesday, this buyer will be given a short run at closing it. 

Dalman is the other party referred to in parenthesis above ("... another party") with whom a deal is "almost done". 

The potential new buyer, who apparently emerged after Wembley, has an opportunity to advance its deal, should the other deal (i.e. Dalman) not complete by the aforementioned Tuesday. 

In order, the parties are 

Dalman 
    The new party who emerged post Wembley 
    The Aussies
    I think that might be the Aussies. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!