Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited June 2019

Something's about to happen, I can fillet, and very soon we'll all be doing the conger round the car park. But nice and friendly, okay, we don't want anyone getting battered.

I am no fortuna teller but my reef-lexes tell me you are right.
  • Ok.. my source is a proper Charlton fan and an investment banker in the region. His role is as intermediary, finding potential buyers, under his professional remit but for minimal fee. He's a fan. He tried to come with a consortium when RD bought, but came too late, Slater turned them away. He has had no contact with Red Bull, AFAIK, they are deffo not his current buyer

@CAFCSayer Interesting that you chucked Kretinsky in! My mate Vincent, who came with me to Wembley, is a mad Sparta fan, who loves to share Kretinsky horror stories and mull over who is worse, The Kretin or the Helmet. Sparta fans have been volubly protesting for ages (@ElfsborgAddick bears witness to that). A few months ago Vincent gleefully shared a Czech rumour that Kretinsky (who has energy sector interests in the UK) was interested to buy an English club and Leeds and Charlton were in the frame.

However my investment banker buddy, a pragmatist, has professional access to both Kretinsky and Petr Kellner, the richest Czech bizman, who currently doesn't own a club, but who was linked as a possible buyer of Chelsea. What he learnt is that both see a football club as a trophy asset, an ice-breaker in discussions about their main businesses. And with the best will of the world, Charlton's current status does not really fit that bill.

Thanks to Vincent I could offer you loads of lurid stories about Kretinsky, some of  which show weird parallels with RD. But rest assured, he is not in the frame. The latest, as a taster, is that he is studying for UEFA badges.You can imagine why he thinks he needs them...

the en masse walkout I witnessed was spot on, what a feeble apathetic effort for us against Middlesbrough.

We could have learnt a lot from these guys.
  • I'm frond of them too
  • edited June 2019
  • The relentless fish is indigenous to the Atlantic.
  • Fed up with trawling this plaice for actual takeover news.
  • Croydon said:
    Dalman has been about since long before Wembley. I think initial Cardiff whispers were on here back in January.

If the Aussies deal is 'really close' and it's their deadline on Tuesday, then you may as well fast forward to Wednesday now because they've been 'really close' for over a year. 
    It's being suggested that it's Dalman's deal that is the front runner and has been given the deadline. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Is there an antidote to feelings of optimism about a takeover? I keep telling myself we've been here before, Roland will mess things up at the eleventh hour etc etc, but the feelings persist.
  • Is there an antidote to feelings of optimism about a takeover? I keep telling myself we've been here before, Roland will mess things up at the eleventh hour etc etc, but the feelings persist.
    Yes, eat a pot noodle
  • Scoham said:
    Is there an antidote to feelings of optimism about a takeover? I keep telling myself we've been here before, Roland will mess things up at the eleventh hour etc etc, but the feelings persist.
    Yes, eat a pot noodle
    Or drink a Red Bull?
  • Ok.. my source is a proper Charlton fan and an investment banker in the region. His role is as intermediary, finding potential buyers, under his professional remit but for minimal fee. He's a fan. He tried to come with a consortium when RD bought, but came too late, Slater turned them away. He has had no contact with Red Bull, AFAIK, they are deffo not his current buyer

@CAFCSayer Interesting that you chucked Kretinsky in! My mate Vincent, who came with me to Wembley, is a mad Sparta fan, who loves to share Kretinsky horror stories and mull over who is worse, The Kretin or the Helmet. Sparta fans have been volubly protesting for ages (@ElfsborgAddick bears witness to that). A few months ago Vincent gleefully shared a Czech rumour that Kretinsky (who has energy sector interests in the UK) was interested to buy an English club and Leeds and Charlton were in the frame.

However my investment banker buddy, a pragmatist, has professional access to both Kretinsky and Petr Kellner, the richest Czech bizman, who currently doesn't own a club, but who was linked as a possible buyer of Chelsea. What he learnt is that both see a football club as a trophy asset, an ice-breaker in discussions about their main businesses. And with the best will of the world, Charlton's current status does not really fit that bill.

Thanks to Vincent I could offer you loads of lurid stories about Kretinsky, some of  which show weird parallels with RD. But rest assured, he is not in the frame. The latest, as a taster, is that he is studying for UEFA badges.You can imagine why he thinks he needs them...

the en masse walkout I witnessed was spot on, what a feeble apathetic effort for us against Middlesbrough.

Because we were winning.  I am not saying you do, or me, or most people on this board, but the MAJORITY of fans only care about results on the pitch.  
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Ok.. my source is a proper Charlton fan and an investment banker in the region. His role is as intermediary, finding potential buyers, under his professional remit but for minimal fee. He's a fan. He tried to come with a consortium when RD bought, but came too late, Slater turned them away. He has had no contact with Red Bull, AFAIK, they are deffo not his current buyer

Because we were winning.  I am not saying you do, or me, or most people on this board, but the MAJORITY of fans only care about results on the pitch.  
    No-one cares ONLY about the results on the pitch.  
  • Scoham said:
    Is there an antidote to feelings of optimism about a takeover? I keep telling myself we've been here before, Roland will mess things up at the eleventh hour etc etc, but the feelings persist.
    Yes, eat a pot noodle
    Or drink a Red Bull?
    Combine the two. Use Red Bull instead of water in your Pot Noodle.
  • Just want this takeover done with, my patience is wearing FIN now.
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Yes, eat a pot noodle
    Or drink a Red Bull?
    Combine the two. Use Red Bull instead of water in your Pot Noodle.
    Just like cooking in red wine 😉.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Ok.. my source is a proper Charlton fan and an investment banker in the region. His role is as intermediary, finding potential buyers, under his professional remit but for minimal fee. He's a fan. He tried to come with a consortium when RD bought, but came too late, Slater turned them away. He has had no contact with Red Bull, AFAIK, they are deffo not his current buyer

We were relegated that season!

The fans who kept their bottoms on their seats surely must have known the s*** that was going on.
  • I can't see it being The Aussies who have the deadline until Tuesday having been on the scene for so long.

I can only think Dalman has given RD the Tuesday deadline potentially and if Tuesday passes and Dalman hasn't taken over I assume he will then by staying with Cardiff with a new season to make preparations for hence the deadline given clubs are starting to return to pre season training.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Yes they do.  The fact that 100%, of a sample size of a few thousand, does doesn't mean no one doesn't. 

Roland was a twat we were losing games = protests.

Roland, still a twat, we are winning games = no protests.

Even on this forum there is talk of protests if there is a hint we might loose some games.  If we had been bottom after 5 games last season, and all other things had been equal, there would have been protests.

The boycott is no where near as big as people would imagine reading this forum, the fact is a lot have people have better things to do with their time and money than watch better than average league 1 football.  If that's not the case why will we sell many more season tickets this season than last?

Remember this is an echo chamber with a few 100 people accounting for about 80% of the posts.  Not a representative of, I guess, 50 thousand people that would identify as Charlton fans. 
  • I can't see it being The Aussies who have the deadline until Tuesday having been on the scene for so long.

I can only think Dalman has given RD the Tuesday deadline potentially and if Tuesday passes and Dalman hasn't taken over I assume he will then by staying with Cardiff with a new season to make preparations for hence the deadline given clubs are starting to return to pre season training.

Where has this info come from? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Yes they do.  The fact that 100%, of a sample size of a few thousand, does doesn't mean no one doesn't. 

Even on this forum there is talk of protests if there is a hint we might loose some games.  If we had been bottom after 5 games last season, and all other things had been equal, there would have been protests.

The boycott is no where near as big as people would imagine reading this forum, the fact is a lot have people have better things to do with their time and money than watch better than average league 1 football.  If that's not the case why will we sell many more season tickets this season than last?

Remember this is an echo chamber with a few 100 people accounting for about 80% of the posts.  Not a representative of, I guess, 50 thousand people that would identify as Charlton fans. 
    No-one cares ONLY about the results on the pitch.  I know it's a comment you made in the heat of the moment, but it's ridiculous to suggest that the majority of fans only care about results on the pitch.  

If that were the case - it's not, of course - but, if it were, how many threads would there be on Charlton Life?  
  • Fish, Fish, Fish , Fish, Fishy, Fishy, Fish, Fish.

#pastcaringyonksago
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Absolute bull****! Look at the missing 5k.

However, we could have gone down to zero gates and the Belgian would not be influenced, he has too much money.

Oyston only went because of a legal wrangle.

@eaststandmike @LargeAddick boycott due to a principle of not giving this person ANY more money.

We are ALL CHARLTON FANS at the end of the day.  We should not be fighting each other.

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

However, we could have gone down to zero gates and the Belgian would not be influenced, he has too much money.

@eaststandmike @LargeAddick boycott due to a principle of not giving this person ANY more money.

We are ALL CHARLTON FANS at the end of the day.  We should not be fighting each other.

That's my point though, the missing 5k aren't all actively boycotting.  The ones that come on here and say they are are. Fair play to them. There are also many more that just don't go.  If you have a group of friends that are die hard Charlton you probably know some that are boycotting, over the years you have seen others just drift away.  League 1 football makes the latter more appealing.

Your speaking from your bubble mate and I respect your stance.  I went to zero home games last season (the first time since 1986), my dad 1 and my brother 1.  We had 3 season tickets for nearly 20 years.  None of us are boycotting. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

That's my point though, the missing 5k aren't all actively boycotting.  The ones that come on here and say they are are. Fair play to them. There are also many more that just don't go.  If you have a group of friends that are die hard Charlton you probably know some that are boycotting, over the years you have seen others just drift away.  League 1 football makes the latter more appealing.

Your speaking from your bubble mate and I respect your stance.  I went to zero home games last season (the first time since 1986), my dad 1 and my brother 1.  We had 3 season tickets for nearly 20 years.  None of us are boycotting. 
    We are agreeing with each other basically, that's great. We both want the same thing.

We could win the Premier League under this person and I'd still not go.

Botcotting/not going, what a dreadful mess.

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

You missed some of the best football for years.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!