Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• 1839, Sussex County Cricket Club are formed. They are the oldest English county club.
    Who did they play?
  • Angel Dust saying Aussies only to buy part of the club with RD keeping the stadium and training ground.
    At one point months ago he said the Aussies were out.
  • Scoham said:
    Angel Dust saying Aussies only to buy part of the club with RD keeping the stadium and training ground.
    At one point months ago he said the Aussies were out.
    It's like the hokey kokey with him

2 weeks ago it was Bowyer walked, Warnock to be confirmed

• _MrDick said:
    The news that has reappeared on ITV is worry ... it might mean I have to get that tattoo 😫
    what's the news
  • Chizz said:
    Remember when it was announced that each buying party had their own price? And that the price had been agreed with each party? I've always felt that this meant Aussies would buy the club and lease back the stadium and ground for something like £30M. Dalman apparently wants the whole club and thus would be paying closer to the £60-65M Roland wants, up front. In my opinion, this is why the Aussies are still in the running... Roland is willing to slice this any way that works. The price and terms have not changed because he was always over-charging and has not backed away from that in the slightest way, it's just that we are in a higher division. Roland is likely quite happy to have the Aussies because he gets to make a profit off hard assets and no longer has to worry about the club.
    No-one is paying £60m-£65m up front.  Or anywhere close to that.  Roland may be utterly bonkers, but there is no way he would still be negotiating if anyone offered that.  He'd reach past LdT and rip Dalman's arm off for that amount. 

You can trust me on that.  And I know the square root of fuck all about what's going on.  
    So what is the square root of fuck all? 

Fuck knows
  • Can't wait for tomorrow now ! Be just like Christmas and yer Birthday rolled into one.
    Tomorrow is my birthday, so I’m halfway there already. 
  • 1843, Brunel's SS Great Britain is launched at Bristol.
  • 1842, Pentonville prison is built.
    My great uncle Harry fell through a stage at Pentonville.......... Would've broke his legs if he didn't have a role around his neck
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    1843, Brunel's SS Great Britain is launched at Bristol.
    My great uncle Harry tried to stowe away on that do he didn't get hung at Petonville
    My great uncle Harry fell through a stage at Pentonville.......... Would've broke his legs if he didn't have a role around his neck
    What ‘Role’ was he playing?
    What ‘Role’ was he playing?
    The one that gets killed in the first 5 minutes, like in Police Squad
  • Angel Dust saying Aussies only to buy part of the club with RD keeping the stadium and training ground.
    That'll be interesting.
    Whether true or not, this would be the worst outcome, IF it was the case imo
    Of course it’s not true . He’s on the wind up 
    Of course it’s not true . He’s on the wind up 
    I know it's not true, that's why I said whether it's true or not, it don't matter. It's not beyond the realms of possibility, far from it in fact, but I reckon it would be worse than RD staying on and selling lock stock and barrel, at a late date
  • Sponsored links:

• Taxi_Lad said:
    Fantasists!!! That sums up so many of these ITK numpties. 
    There’s only a handful worth taking notice of inc @Airman Brown @nth london addick @Redhenry @JamesSeed @PragueAddick
    @DOUCHER
    Think thats a full list of all anyone takes note off
  • Remember when it was announced that each buying party had their own price? And that the price had been agreed with each party? I've always felt that this meant Aussies would buy the club and lease back the stadium and ground for something like £30M. Dalman apparently wants the whole club and thus would be paying closer to the £60-65M Roland wants, up front. In my opinion, this is why the Aussies are still in the running... Roland is willing to slice this any way that works. The price and terms have not changed because he was always over-charging and has not backed away from that in the slightest way, it's just that we are in a higher division. Roland is likely quite happy to have the Aussies because he gets to make a profit off hard assets and no longer has to worry about the club. To be very frank, if this turns out to be the case, selling to the Aussies could be a dark, not a bright, moment. I want Dalman.
    Where do you get these feelings from? Serious question. 
    First thing GM said to me, way back in the mists of time, was deal is ‘all in’.
    Any evidence that that has changed? If it has, he’s not mentioned it.
     £33m, all in. RD then told them to pay off the directors, which in the Aussies’ eyes, makes it £40m. I think they’ve been ‘negotiating’ that very high percentage increase in the price ever since. 
  • edited July 2019
    https://bit.ly/2Nrgl2J

Bolton takeover close to being completed

Hasn’t took 2 years for them to be sold.

• To me if anything that suggests that the takeover talks are still active with a fair chance of sale, as it would make no sense to put the price up if new owners were still likely, as they would want to make that decision
  • To me if anything that suggests that the takeover talks are still active with a fair chance of sale, as it would make no sense to put the price up if new owners were still likely, as they would want to make that decision
    Have they extended the deadline then? Interesting.
  • https://bit.ly/2Nrgl2J

Bolton takeover close to being completed

Hasn’t took 2 years for them to be sold.

Think this is the second takeover Bolton will have completed since this thread began.
    And all recent owners have been dodgy. 
  • edited July 2019
    PopIcon said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    There’s only a handful worth taking notice of inc @Airman Brown @nth london addick @Redhenry @JamesSeed @PragueAddick
    @DOUCHER

Sadly these guys do not know what is going on regarding the takeover. 
    I know one who knows ‘something’ of what is going on......but no one knows the full story as there are a number of unknown scenarios that could take place following on from their current knowledge.

• edited July 2019
    PopIcon said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    @DOUCHER

Sadly these guys do not know what is going on regarding the takeover. 
    I know one who knows ‘something’ of what is going on......but no one knows the full story as there are a number of unknown scenarios that could take place following on from their knowledge.

So is a takeover potentially days away? The transfer window closes in less than 6 weeks, including for loans, so if it’s happening while the window is open it’s got to go through for  new owner to make an impact in terms of signings.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!