Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited July 2019
    addick05 said:

I'm beginning to feel like one of those condemned people on Death Row; you know it's 'imminent' but the final day keeps getting further and further away.

Average time spent on death row is 9 years
    So you're saying we only have 4 years left? We're over the hump guys!
  • So it's happening on the 31st July?
    No, 31st January
  • It's all about RD not wanting too pay the operating loss anymore?.
  • joeaddick said:
    Angel Dust saying Aussies only to buy part of the club with RD keeping the stadium and training ground.
    From a post over a year ago...He says "Agreement from 22nd Feb 2018, still stands".

RD recently said he wanted to honour the Aussie deal. Why is he so keen to deal with the Aussies..?

Got be more in it for RD somewhere down the line... #ClausesGalore.
    I wonder if Murray is telling RD that the Aussies are the best deal out there and he is believing him?

(Allegedly Murray gets to keep his seat at the top table with the Aussies)  
  • 32nd of Octember LOL
  • edited July 2019
    Remember when it was announced that each buying party had their own price? And that the price had been agreed with each party? I've always felt that this meant Aussies would buy the club and lease back the stadium and ground for something like £30M. Dalman apparently wants the whole club and thus would be paying closer to the £60-65M Roland wants, up front. In my opinion, this is why the Aussies are still in the running... Roland is willing to slice this any way that works. The price and terms have not changed because he was always over-charging and has not backed away from that in the slightest way, it's just that we are in a higher division. Roland is likely quite happy to have the Aussies because he gets to make a profit off hard assets and no longer has to worry about the club. To be very frank, if this turns out to be the case, selling to the Aussies could be a dark, not a bright, moment. I want Dalman.
  • Remember when it was announced that each team had their own price? And that the price had been agreed with each party? I've always felt that this meant Aussies would buy the club and lease back the stadium and ground for something like £30M. Dalman apparently wants the whole club and thus would be paying closer to the £60-65M Roland wants, up front. In my opinion, this is why the Aussies are still in the running... Roland is willing to slice this any way that works. The price and terms have not changed because he was always over-charging and has not backed away from that.
    This takeover business is sole destroying...
  • 1842, Pentonville prison is built.
  • It's all about RD not wanting too pay the operating loss anymore?.
    Well, possibly, but surely that would mean he’s over a barrel?
    If he doesn’t want to pay the running costs, he’ll need to sell at a price that reflects that won’t he? 
    You can’t expect full price for a product as if it was breaking even when the product is actually loss making.
    Similarly, if he reduces losses by stripping assets (playing staff) then that would also reduce the price wouldn’t it?

If this is why the Aussies have hung around for so long, then as frustrating as it is, I kind of respect it. If they’re digging their heels in until he sees sense, they’re showing real doggedness, which is probably a good thing.

i say all of this with absolutely zero inside knowledge and as an utter layman.
  • Sponsored links:

• Remember when it was announced that each buying party had their own price? And that the price had been agreed with each party? I've always felt that this meant Aussies would buy the club and lease back the stadium and ground for something like £30M. Dalman apparently wants the whole club and thus would be paying closer to the £60-65M Roland wants, up front. In my opinion, this is why the Aussies are still in the running... Roland is willing to slice this any way that works. The price and terms have not changed because he was always over-charging and has not backed away from that in the slightest way, it's just that we are in a higher division. Roland is likely quite happy to have the Aussies because he gets to make a profit off hard assets and no longer has to worry about the club.
    No-one is paying £60m-£65m up front.  Or anywhere close to that.  Roland may be utterly bonkers, but there is no way he would still be negotiating if anyone offered that.  He'd reach past LdT and rip Dalman's arm off for that amount. 

You can trust me on that.  And I know the square root of fuck all about what's going on.  
  • cafc999 said:
    joeaddick said:
    Angel Dust saying Aussies only to buy part of the club with RD keeping the stadium and training ground.
    From a post over a year ago...He says "Agreement from 22nd Feb 2018, still stands".

RD recently said he wanted to honour the Aussie deal. Why is he so keen to deal with the Aussies..?

Got be more in it for RD somewhere down the line... #ClausesGalore.
    I wonder if Murray is telling RD that the Aussies are the best deal out there and he is believing him?

(Allegedly Murray gets to keep his seat at the top table with the Aussies)  
    RD does not need Murray to tell him what the best deal is. For Roland, it's simply the one that makes him the most money. He cares nothing about what is best for the club.
  • Chizz said:
    Remember when it was announced that each buying party had their own price? And that the price had been agreed with each party? I've always felt that this meant Aussies would buy the club and lease back the stadium and ground for something like £30M. Dalman apparently wants the whole club and thus would be paying closer to the £60-65M Roland wants, up front. In my opinion, this is why the Aussies are still in the running... Roland is willing to slice this any way that works. The price and terms have not changed because he was always over-charging and has not backed away from that in the slightest way, it's just that we are in a higher division. Roland is likely quite happy to have the Aussies because he gets to make a profit off hard assets and no longer has to worry about the club.
    No-one is paying £60m-£65m up front.  Or anywhere close to that.  Roland may be utterly bonkers, but there is no way he would still be negotiating if anyone offered that.  He'd reach past LdT and rip Dalman's arm off for that amount. 

You can trust me on that.  And I know the square root of fuck all about what's going on.  
    I can verify that last part 😉
  • Fumbluff said:
    Chizz said:
    Remember when it was announced that each buying party had their own price? And that the price had been agreed with each party? I've always felt that this meant Aussies would buy the club and lease back the stadium and ground for something like £30M. Dalman apparently wants the whole club and thus would be paying closer to the £60-65M Roland wants, up front. In my opinion, this is why the Aussies are still in the running... Roland is willing to slice this any way that works. The price and terms have not changed because he was always over-charging and has not backed away from that in the slightest way, it's just that we are in a higher division. Roland is likely quite happy to have the Aussies because he gets to make a profit off hard assets and no longer has to worry about the club.

I can verify that last part 😉
    I mean, I know a lot more than some people.  Like @Fumbluff. But it still amounts to next-to-nothing. 

:wink:
  • Colin is saying £33m for everything.

When you say Colin . do you actually mean yourself , Colin?
  • Chizz said:

You could be right. But I don't think anyone IS offering £60-65M. Which is why we are on page 1842. I agree! No one is offering it. Which is why all these deals have multiple parts and may never happen.
  • Colin is saying £33m for everything.

When you say Colin . do you actually mean yourself , Colin?

• So just for those of us who've had their head in the clouds since the play off final... 

Anyone care to summarize where we are? 
  • So just for those of us who've had their head in the clouds since the play off final... 

Fish pun in 5....4....3...
  • Sponsored links:

Read back to this morning's summary
  • Chizz said:

So what is the square root of fuck all? 
  • I think it's any number from 0 to 77million
  • seth plum said:
    I want to feel comfortable enough to buy season tickets this week.
    I’m sure that if you give Roland a shout he will get the takeover signed off a bit quicker for you. 
  • edited July 2019
    WHAddick said:
    I think it's any number from 0 to 77million
    Another one claiming to be in the know. FFS!
  • Only for Charlton square roots Bob!
  • Remember when it was announced that each team had their own price? And that the price had been agreed with each party? I've always felt that this meant Aussies would buy the club and lease back the stadium and ground for something like £30M. Dalman apparently wants the whole club and thus would be paying closer to the £60-65M Roland wants, up front. In my opinion, this is why the Aussies are still in the running... Roland is willing to slice this any way that works. The price and terms have not changed because he was always over-charging and has not backed away from that.
    This takeover business is sole destroying...
    And these fish puns are getting on my t*ts !!
  • The news that has reappeared on ITV is worry ... it might mean I have to get that tattoo 😫
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!