Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:
    So according to some we’re now in phase two of the second consortium having a straight shot at completing the deal 
    Maybe,

4th group from middle European could now be having a quick run at it if @PragueAddick 's source is correct.

But that doesn't mean the Chinese and US/Indian/Aus group aren't still in it. No one has mentioned exclusivity.

Or Roland could just have messed it all up again by changing the price, demanding add ons, changing his mind about deadlines, refusing to disclose information that the buyers need, who knows? 

Duchatelet is irrational.
    bingo - henry proves both my points in one post - thankyou
  • edited July 2019
    He’ll be after a promote
  • Latest I've heard is don't expect a takeover before the season starts.
    Just to clarify... Which season?
    Now there is a surprise. Don't you mean Don't expect a takeover at all.
  • He’ll be after a promote
    Give him Henry's. :smile:

• DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    only conclusion i can come to after 2 years of this originally completely incorrectly titled thread is that there was a complete change of strategy after relegation. This included 2 main changes: One was to ditch the network as a failed experiment. The other was to pretend that a takeover was imminent. Nothing else makes any sense. At this point, the pig headed will say nothing rd does makes any sense but that is because they aren't seeing through the bollox.  
    Lots of people are very appreciative of the information and background you have been able to provide on this thread.  So, it's worth asking you - above all people - one, specific question.  Don't feel compelled to answer it if you don't want to, or if doing so breaches the confidences into which you have been taken.  But, if you can answer it, I think it will make a lot of people feel very much more assured. 

Are you still one hundred per cent confident that RD will have sold the club before the start of last season? 
    that was what was said at the time - another reason why i have come to this conclusion now 
    Yes it was.  Lots of times.  By you. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    So according to some we’re now in phase two of the second consortium having a straight shot at completing the deal 
    Maybe,

4th group from middle European could now be having a quick run at it if @PragueAddick 's source is correct.

But that doesn't mean the Chinese and US/Indian/Aus group aren't still in it. No one has mentioned exclusivity.

Or Roland could just have messed it all up again by changing the price, demanding add ons, changing his mind about deadlines, refusing to disclose information that the buyers need, who knows? 

He's only irrational if you assume he wants to sell. If he doesn't want to sell but wants to stop the protests his cunning plan is succeeding.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Maybe,

He's only irrational if you assume he wants to sell. If he doesn't want to sell but wants to stop the protests his cunning plan is succeeding.
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/86130/more-anti-duchatelet-charlton-graffiti-in-sint-truiden/p1
  • Latest I've heard is don't expect a takeover before the season starts.
    Which season?
  • Oggy Red said:
    He’ll be after a promote
    Give him Henry's. :smile:

I meant Henry !
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    only conclusion i can come to after 2 years of this originally completely incorrectly titled thread is that there was a complete change of strategy after relegation. This included 2 main changes: One was to ditch the network as a failed experiment. The other was to pretend that a takeover was imminent. Nothing else makes any sense. At this point, the pig headed will say nothing rd does makes any sense but that is because they aren't seeing through the bollox.  
    Lots of people are very appreciative of the information and background you have been able to provide on this thread.  So, it's worth asking you - above all people - one, specific question.  Don't feel compelled to answer it if you don't want to, or if doing so breaches the confidences into which you have been taken.  But, if you can answer it, I think it will make a lot of people feel very much more assured. 

Are you still one hundred per cent confident that RD will have sold the club before the start of last season? 
    that was what was said at the time - another reason why i have come to this conclusion now 

• Taxi_Lad said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:

@Chizz
    you seem to enjoy digging out @DOUCHER when he posts and picking up on inconsistency in his posts but don’t we all change our views as things progress (or stagnate). 
    E.g. @nth london addick has been an adamant “nothings happening “ since god knows when but is now firmly in the “RD won’t be here by the start of the season” camp. @DOUCHER has actually put himself out there by stating his belief as the opposite. Both would be going on info the are privy to. I don’t see the need for your hostility 
  • 1868, the last public hanging on Britain.
  • edited July 2019
    It took me a long time to understand how the Glazers managed to buy United and how they put the debt on to the club. 
    Understanding Duchatelet is impossible !

If Murray part 1 was Midas touch and Murray part 2 was Murphy's touch, can we turn Duchatelet's tenure into two halves ?
    The 64 million dollar question is, when will it end ? like the Jehovah witness date it's announced and passes. But there has been a marked change.

Roland part 1: Network of clubs, 29 year old female muse with no experience being made CEO. Good, bad and ugly players arriving like unwanted Xmas presents. Advising the manager who to pick. Sacking on a regular basis and even employing a
    coach from the Belgium pub League.
    Sofa, customers,14 chips, liars, coffin and flying pigs etc

Roland Part 2: network of clubs sold, liar goes to Wednesday, by luck he gets a decent manager, club up for sale, multi cuts in budget made. No CEO, no water for youngster, talk sport, talks shite LDT, clean Titles, hair cuts, done deal, deal not done.
    Aussies wait. Dalman walks, Aussies wait, 
    Murray gone quiet. Aussies wait, price can go up or down, Aussie wait. Bowyer walks, Bowyer signs. The Aussies wait. Jim White tells Charlton fans to Celebrate, Aussies wait, Duchatelet celebrates Wilder's  promotion with the blades. And the Aussie wait.

Duchatelet is as mad as a box of frogs.

And the Aussies continue to Wait.
    I am reading all of that to the tune of Billy Joel's 'I didn't Start the Fire'!
    Thanks for being there for me @GreenWithEnvy
    'I didn't start the fire" had some brilliant lyrics and being a spoken word and performing poet it will influence my surreal take on all things CAFC.

"Wheel of Fortune", Sally Ride, heavy metal, suicide
    Foreign debts, homeless vets, AIDS, crack, Bernie Goetz
    Hypodermics on the shores, China's under martial law
    Rock and roller cola wars, I can't take it anymore.
  • ”The Evening Standard say Dalman has formally ended negotiations, reporting that Duchatelet has raised his asking price for the club to close to £50million following promotion from League One. 

It is our understanding, however, the issue over the debt may be of more pressing concern for Dalman.

The Standard report that a number of former club directors would be owed a total of £7m should Charlton reach the Premier League, but they are said to want payment immediately to settle the debts as part of any takeover.”

“Dalman is thought to be uncomfortable with that suggestion and it remains to be seen where the takeover talks go from here.

There are further worries that a lot of money needs to be spent on top of the £33m buyout figure to ensure Charlton aren't relegated straight back down into League One.” 

• so the wanker has increased the price to buy Charlton. in other words. Roland won't pay the £7 million loans so upped his price... (and then some). How the hell did we end up with Roland as our owner? What did we do in a previous life to end up with him??   
  • The Standard report that a number of former club directors would be owed a total of £7m should Charlton reach the Premier League, but they are said to want payment immediately to settle the debts as part of any takeover.” 

Is this correct? 

As for the club needs money for players in the championship is no shit Sherlock. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Trouble is, we just don’t know. All we know is the spin / version that one side wants to leak out. It could be the Aussies just can’t get the finance after having lost a couple of backers. It could equally be that after the recent sale of assets Roland still wants the same asking price for the club (but now with less assets), which the Aussies might think is taking the mick. None of us know. It’s painful.
    It's more than a year since @AFKABartram posted this.  And it's still absolutely accurate and relevant.  

So many things have changed in the last year.  If you can remember that long ago, you'll be able to recall that Theresa May was still Prime Minister; the UK was still in the EU (but we couldn't quite work out how to leave); we were consoling ourselves after a football World Cup semi-final defeat; and Andy Murray was just about to fail to win the Men's Singles at Wimbledon.  

How times change. 
  • edited July 2019
    1868, the last public hanging on Britain.
    Hmmmm. If a certain Belgian doesn't sell up soon it may not have been the last.

Edit - said in jest BTW!
  • Bubble said:
    ”The Evening Standard say Dalman has formally ended negotiations, reporting that Duchatelet has raised his asking price for the club to close to £50million following promotion from League One. 

It is our understanding, however, the issue over the debt may be of more pressing concern for Dalman.

The Standard report that a number of former club directors would be owed a total of £7m should Charlton reach the Premier League, but they are said to want payment immediately to settle the debts as part of any takeover.”

“Dalman is thought to be uncomfortable with that suggestion and it remains to be seen where the takeover talks go from here.

There are further worries that a lot of money needs to be spent on top of the £33m buyout figure to ensure Charlton aren't relegated straight back down into League One.” 

someone needs to tell Dalman that that is bollocks.

• Bubble said:
    ”The Evening Standard say Dalman has formally ended negotiations, reporting that Duchatelet has raised his asking price for the club to close to £50million following promotion from League One. 

This has to be rubbish given that his reported interest was first reported in the same paper back in March before we even got promoted. Also you don't buy a football club if you're worried that a lot of money needs to be spent.
  • I am trying to work our Roland's day to day thinking. Without being ITK my guess Is that the Aussies were nearly there until Roland wanted Aussies to pay the loans but Aussies said "no Roland" but tried to help out anyway. Dalman has probably upped his offer but knowing that there are now 3 potential parties involved Roland is trying to play each one of the other and get as much as he can. Trouble is whist he is doing that, our club is in crisis and there is a strong possibility that he will lose out on all 3. Aussies must be the party that has offered  Roland part payment now plus additional etc. Why else would Roland stick with the Aussies for 18 months to 2 yrs. Dalman could offer him a bit more now and upfront but Roland is asking for more and more. Why else would Roland srick with the Aussies all this time. My other burning question is what is Murray's involvement in all of this? Is he trying to persuade Roland and LVT to stick with the Aussies as they will keep him on board whilst turning down other offers and offering "over the odds" in order to put other bidders off. We already knew from before that Varney tried to introduce other people to the table to invest in the club a couple of years ago and it didn't reach Roland either due to KM or RM. Thirdly for a person entrusted to try and sell the club De Truck has done a shit job. Is he getting paid for doing bugger all for 3 days a week. Surely it doesn't take over 2yrs to sell a football club based in London with a good catchment area. 
  • All these rags are just rehashing bits people guess is the issue from Fan Forums, Im pretty sure they know fck all.
  • Definitely doesn't sound like he's walked away then ES
    Hmmmm. If a certain Belgian doesn't sell up soon it may not have been the last.

Edit - said in jest BTW!

Can you see flashing blue lights outside your window.

They used to charge a croat, for a front stall seat
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!