Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• DOUCHER said: 13 June 2019 
    Haven't read last few pages or been on this morning but just had a bulletin. We are nearly there I think - Bowyers and many others contracts will follow on from the takeover which I believe is at a very advanced stage with the ex Cardiff chairman - verified from inside the club. Watch this space.

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3559905#Comment_3559905
    yes and the fact this has happened either - despite the interest being there - leads me to the conclusion he isn't that interested in selling - far more rational conclusion than thathe's off his rocker - he may be trying to see how far his changed strategy can go - who knows 
  • Chizz said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    only conclusion i can come to after 2 years of this originally completely incorrectly titled thread is that there was a complete change of strategy after relegation. This included 2 main changes: One was to ditch the network as a failed experiment. The other was to pretend that a takeover was imminent. Nothing else makes any sense. At this point, the pig headed will say nothing rd does makes any sense but that is because they aren't seeing through the bollox.  
    Lots of people are very appreciative of the information and background you have been able to provide on this thread.  So, it's worth asking you - above all people - one, specific question.  Don't feel compelled to answer it if you don't want to, or if doing so breaches the confidences into which you have been taken.  But, if you can answer it, I think it will make a lot of people feel very much more assured. 

Are you still one hundred per cent confident that RD will have sold the club before the start of last season? 
    that was what was said at the time - another reason why i have come to this conclusion now 
    Yes it was.  Lots of times.  By you. 

@Chizz
    you seem to enjoy digging out @DOUCHER when he posts and picking up on inconsistency in his posts but don’t we all change our views as things progress (or stagnate). 
    E.g. @nth london addick has been an adamant “nothings happening “ since god knows when but is now firmly in the “RD won’t be here by the start of the season” camp. @DOUCHER has actually put himself out there by stating his belief as the opposite. Both would be going on info the are privy to. I don’t see the need for your hostility 
    You're right, I do.  

Some people post what they genuinely believe to be the current situation from their - named or unnamed - sources.  I don't dig them out.  Other people have a more forensic, journalistic approach and post what they can, only when they can source and corroborate it; and when it doesn't break the opportunities for other journalists to break the story. I don't dig them out.  Typically, many, or most, of the comments these people post turn out to be proven in the fullness of time. 

But some choose to relish in revealing a bit of information simply in order to counter, gainsay or belittle what other posters have commented. Usually, nothing that these people post bears close scrutiny. For example, it's difficult to have a great deal of trust in someone stating that RD will still be the owner at the start of the 2019/20 season, having spent the whole of last summer confirming he won't be the owner at the start of the 2018/19 season. 

And I don't think those people should really object too strongly if their inconsistencies are highlighted.  If you think repeating something back to someone is hostile, I have to disagree, with the greatest of respect. I hope my points are taken with humour - on this thread at least, that's certainly how they're meant. 
    Doucher is someone, like nla who has named his source, more than once, is it really his fault if his source was misled / wrong?

Almost everyone 'itk' has been left with egg on their face at some point, mostly down to RD, not because they are deliberately putting forward false information.
    Who is his named source @Stu_of_kumming ?
    bobmunro said:
    Chizz said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    only conclusion i can come to after 2 years of this originally completely incorrectly titled thread is that there was a complete change of strategy after relegation. This included 2 main changes: One was to ditch the network as a failed experiment. The other was to pretend that a takeover was imminent. Nothing else makes any sense. At this point, the pig headed will say nothing rd does makes any sense but that is because they aren't seeing through the bollox.  
    Lots of people are very appreciative of the information and background you have been able to provide on this thread.  So, it's worth asking you - above all people - one, specific question.  Don't feel compelled to answer it if you don't want to, or if doing so breaches the confidences into which you have been taken.  But, if you can answer it, I think it will make a lot of people feel very much more assured. 

Are you still one hundred per cent confident that RD will have sold the club before the start of last season? 
    that was what was said at the time - another reason why i have come to this conclusion now 

@Chizz
    you seem to enjoy digging out @DOUCHER when he posts and picking up on inconsistency in his posts but don’t we all change our views as things progress (or stagnate). 
    E.g. @nth london addick has been an adamant “nothings happening “ since god knows when but is now firmly in the “RD won’t be here by the start of the season” camp. @DOUCHER has actually put himself out there by stating his belief as the opposite. Both would be going on info the are privy to. I don’t see the need for your hostility 
    You're right, I do.  

Some people post what they genuinely believe to be the current situation from their - named or unnamed - sources.  I don't dig them out.  Other people have a more forensic, journalistic approach and post what they can, only when they can source and corroborate it; and when it doesn't break the opportunities for other journalists to break the story. I don't dig them out.  Typically, many, or most, of the comments these people post turn out to be proven in the fullness of time. 

But some choose to relish in revealing a bit of information simply in order to counter, gainsay or belittle what other posters have commented. Usually, nothing that these people post bears close scrutiny. For example, it's difficult to have a great deal of trust in someone stating that RD will still be the owner at the start of the 2019/20 season, having spent the whole of last summer confirming he won't be the owner at the start of the 2018/19 season. 

And I don't think those people should really object too strongly if their inconsistencies are highlighted.  If you think repeating something back to someone is hostile, I have to disagree, with the greatest of respect. I hope my points are taken with humour - on this thread at least, that's certainly how they're meant. 
    Doucher is someone, like nla who has named his source, more than once, is it really his fault if his source was misled / wrong?

Almost everyone 'itk' has been left with egg on their face at some point, mostly down to RD, not because they are deliberately putting forward false information.
    Uncle Dicky

Ah.... that would tie in with the "mis-led" statement.
    RM - a master of misdirection.
  • edited July 2019
    Chizz said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:

@Chizz
    You're right, I do.  

bobmunro said:
    Chizz said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:

@Chizz
    You're right, I do.  

Uncle Dicky

So Docuher has named Richard Murray as his source?   Must have missed that.

Always thought it was Chris Parkes and via him Richard Murray but not seen Doucher name either.
    I'm pretty sure I recall him naming RM before, maybe not his source for everything, but certainly a source.

My main point was that I don't think Doucher is deliberately giving out false information.
  • have never named any of my sources  
  • DOUCHER said:
    have never named any of my sources  
    Then I stand corrected.
  • DOUCHER said:
    I believe they were "outed" though.  Apologies if I am wrong. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Then I stand corrected.
    no probs and you're 100% right - i never give out deliberately false information - i pass on what i know from very good sources and i also give my opinion on things which is what i've just done based on all the current info - for all i know, it could all go through tomorrow - i'd be over the moon if it did although i have to say i'd definitely want it to be dalman and not the aussies
  • _MrDick said:
    http://www.votvonline.com/home/the-2018-19-blogs/9-6-ex-charlton-directors-respond-over-loan-claims/

The only people insisting on repayment of the loans (in their terms release of the charges) are the buyers, perhaps for good reasons, but the ex-directors have no such leverage.

As for the training ground my guess is that refers to the dispute with Footscray Rugby Club which I’ve reported previously. Why did Roland spend £1m on facilities on their land and a road across it, but then leave them standing unused?
    I was told that the rugby club were suing is that correct@airman Brown
    If that’s correct, this could be one of the skeletons in the closet that’s come to light during DD? 
    Has been rumoured although they have not been willing to confirm that.
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said: 13 June 2019 
    Haven't read last few pages or been on this morning but just had a bulletin. We are nearly there I think - Bowyers and many others contracts will follow on from the takeover which I believe is at a very advanced stage with the ex Cardiff chairman - verified from inside the club. Watch this space.

yes and the fact this has happened either - despite the interest being there - leads me to the conclusion he isn't that interested in selling - far more rational conclusion than thathe's off his rocker - he may be trying to see how far his changed strategy can go - who knows 
    Roland’s new strategy will end costing him money just like all his other madcap strategies have. Any promoted team has a very high chance of getting relegated straight away and tying the managers hand by giving him a ridiculously low player budget is a sure fire way to increase the chances even further. If the stupid old Belgian can’t or won’t sell then this time next year we could easily be facing league one and all his problems come flooding back.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Put it this way, the Aussies weren't best pleased after the playoff final.
    Was it £33M + director loans until Bauer poked it in?
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said: 13 June 2019 

Roland’s new strategy will end costing him money just like all his other madcap strategies have. Any promoted team has a very high chance of getting relegated straight away and tying the managers hand by giving him a ridiculously low player budget is a sure fire way to increase the chances even further. If the stupid old Belgian can’t or won’t sell then this time next year we could easily be facing league one and all his problems come flooding back.
    more than likely but i thought we'd all agreed he's more interested in experiments than enjoying what might be considered the normal rewards that might be associated with owning a football club  
  • JamesSeed said:
    Any way you can elaborate on that? Potential new owners being disappointed after we have some success is a very worrying idea and doesn’t sound good, but perhaps you’re saying RD’s side did something after the Play Off final that upset the Aussies? 
  • All these so called bidders for Charlton, if they cannot rub two quid together maybe they should try crowd funding the bids.
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Then I stand corrected.
    no probs and you're 100% right - i never give out deliberately false information - i pass on what i know from very good sources and i also give my opinion on things which is what i've just done based on all the current info - for all i know, it could all go through tomorrow - i'd be over the moon if it did although i have to say i'd definitely want it to be dalman and not the aussies
    Presumably your “very good sources” told you the club was about to be sold on June 13th - based on your post - yet now you say a takeover has never been close and it’s all a diversion, so it seems they’re not that good after all?
    yes but they are as good a source as you could possibly get bar speaking to roly himself - and clearly better than yours - which ain't saying a lot admittedly - you started it!!!
    See what I mean about "gainsaying"?
  • se9addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Any way you can elaborate on that? Potential new owners being disappointed after we have some success is a very worrying idea and doesn’t sound good, but perhaps you’re saying RD’s side did something after the Play Off final that upset the Aussies? 
    I can think of seven million reasons why they weren't pleased about the promotion.
  • edited July 2019
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Then I stand corrected.
    Presumably your “very good sources” told you the club was about to be sold on June 13th - based on your post - yet now you say a takeover has never been close and it’s all a diversion, so it seems they’re not that good after all?
    yes but they are as good a source as you could possibly get bar speaking to roly himself - and clearly better than yours - which ain't saying a lot admittedly - you started it!!!
    That’s not really an explanation of the huge inconsistency in your posts, is it? 

I can point to others and you can make claims about me, but my question is why were you saying it was close three weeks ago and now saying it has never been close and indeed that suggestions to the contrary were the consequence of an internal policy to mislead fans?

Are you saying your “as good as you could possibly get” source/s were themselves being played by RD, that they were deliberately misleading you, or simply conceding that your two posts are hugely inconsistent?
  • £55,000,000,001:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• 1870, first ever international football match at The Oval. England 1 Scotland 1.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Has any other club sale been as complicated and drawn out as this one? Even I was beginning to blame the Aussies, but now the evidence points in another direction. If Dalman walks away you have to think this could literally go on for years.
    I am beginning to think the only way we're going to see the back of RD now is if Bowyer pulls off a miracle and gets us to The Premier League even with the smallest budget in the league.

It sounds like the only way it's going to resolve the ex-directors loans if RD is forced to pay out on them - not that I blame the ex-directors one bit they are 100% entitled to all of what's owed unless any wish to settle early.

And it's probably the only way the old scrote will let go of the reigns too when in his mind he's succeeded even though promotion last season was in spite of him.
  • Afternoon all, I am on holiday but the weather is rubbish so I thought I had better check in, though I currently have nothing new to report re the potential new bidder I have previously mentioned. The main source has a mate who is a CL lurker and he too has heard nothing new this week. So to reiterate:

- this bidder was told that if no deal had been closed by Tues just gone, this bidder could have a two week run at it, and according to my source "exclusive".
    - but we have no news as to whether that has been activated, or indeed if the bidder has taken up any invitation to activate it
    - one other point, per comment earlier from @nth london addick and @JamesSeed this bidder was definitely quoted on first approach £50m plus, and this in the structure £1 for the club, £50m for The Valley, and £5m for the training ground. That however was RD's opener so it does not contradict the lower figure that James has suggested the Aussies had recently been working with

however when the source told me this pricing structure, when we met in Prague, I remember thinking and remarking that this was exactly a price and structure that I had read someone ( I wish I could recall who) quoting on CL, and several weeks before the playoffs too. I thought at the time that this indicated that the old fool had not gone for a post play-off price hike after all.

My best guess is that this bidder has not moved forward, because if they had, my source would have let me know. However there could be several reasons why they have not moved forward, including the possibility that a deal is closing with one of the other bidders. FWIW, my source, (the intermediary for the bidder) felt it was the Aussies in the driving seat. But overall, the lack of clear concrete news from any bidding  camp this week does not make me feel good. 
    Here is a conspiracy theory, totally made up by me.  Football club £1, training ground £7 million, the Valley £50 million.

Up front purchase price £7,000,001.  Ex directors loans paid off, get the club and the training ground.  £50 million in installments secured against the Valley, of which Roland owns 100% clear title?

• DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Then I stand corrected.
    That’s not really an explanation of the huge inconsistency in your posts, is it? 

I can point to others and you can make claims about me, but my question is why were you saying it was close three weeks ago and now saying it has never been close and indeed that suggestions to the contrary were the consequence of an internal policy to mislead fans?

Are you saying your “as good as you could possibly get” source/s were themselves being played by RD, that they were deliberately misleading you, or simply conceding that your two posts are hugely inconsistent? i may be guilty of getting over excited when i was told a few weeks back that dalman had definitely got involved. The fact it hasn't gone anywhere leads me to the conclusion that rd is not desperate to sell at all, and is happy for us to continually believe that the sale is imminent - i think its a big game to him now - the only time it isn't is when he gets hassled in his own country - something that may well be the way forward if it all goes pears again next season
  • 1867, The foundation stone is laid for The Royal Albert Hall.
    1868 Eric Clapton plays his first concert there
    Eric Clapton has played there more than any one else 
  • Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Then I stand corrected.
    do you really think there is any credibility left in this aussie thing??? i think airman and a load of others have either been double bluffed with all that or rd has just strung the aussies along - either way, they seem a bit of a joke to me now and hope for something other than them will eventually take over 
  • se9addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Would assume it's because RD increased the asking price.
  • Well Damn, my Missus would like all this, there's more rumours in here than old Ena Sharples had in a year on Coronation Street! 
  • Why are Footscray RFC sueing?
  • DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Then I stand corrected.
    do you really think there is any credibility left in this aussie thing??? i think airman and a load of others have either been double bluffed with all that or rd has just strung the aussies along - either way, they seem a bit of a joke to me now and hope for something other than them will eventually take over 
    Did you read Prague's post? The idea that they are still around is coming from multiple sources, apparently. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!