Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• It was the genius of the black and white scarves and branding that gave everyone an easy way to show their unhappiness and indicated visually just how much support the protests had.
    Came in very handy that cold Febuary evening in Sint Truiden back in 2016.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Interesting response, admits RD did not “pay attention to the loans” and argues inconclusively that they may have expired. A competent buyer would have spotted any ambiguity and addressed that in 2014.

However the claim that they are only a problem based on the identity of the buyer ignores the fact that according to LDT the buyers haven’t changed since he said they weren’t a problem.

Another wholly gratuitous and spurious point about me and 2015/16, which 1) contradicts their own previous claim that I was advocating the owner of Ebbsfleet and 2) ignores the fact that PV was representing a specific buyer and the likelihood that I would have confidence in PV.

I will leave others to decide if they were in fact “mobilised” by me or formed their own judgement of Duchatelet and what needed to happen based on the evidence in front of them. 
    I don't think you could argue the last paragraph is liable.  The coordination of the protests was done by CARD, you were happy to be a public spokes man for CARD. 

The insinuating that people wanted to protest because of you is fanciful at best. 
    The protests predated CARD.
    True. But technically LDT isn't saying you started the protests, simply that you mobilised protests, which, as part of CARD, he can argue you did. I don't like the bloke but he's been very careful with his wording there. Unnecessary of him though. 
    I don't think LDT wrote that without help.
    Of course not, but my point still stands. 
  • vffvff
    edited July 2019
    Apologies but there’s no actual takeover news then today ? 

There appears to be a lot about Fans Forum on the 26th June, which I am not really following (Something about LDT making stuff about loans owed to former directors & some other rubbish aimed to divide & distract ? )
  • Let's face it they can't even sign off the minutes without a major cock up, what chance did they ever have of doing proper due diligence?

They really are a bunch of bungling Belgians.
  • vff said:
    Apologies but there’s no actual takeover news then today ? 
    That's what they want you to think
  • Markg2004 said:
    Why are Footscray RFC sueing?
    i will ask my contact
    Survey the members 
  • Rudders22 said:
    so the wanker has increased the price to buy Charlton. in other words. Roland won't pay the £7 million loans so upped his price... (and then some). How the hell did we end up with Roland as our owner? What did we do in a previous life to end up with him??   
    In our previous life We were all Milwall fans 
  • Chizz said:
    Question two was a short question, which referenced the directors' loans

Six hundred and sixty six words were used by LdT to explain, in forensic detail, the vital importance of being utterly and completely unambiguous with dates. 

Here's what the title of the document is.   

Ha, brilliant @Chizz
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Interesting response, admits RD did not “pay attention to the loans” and argues inconclusively that they may have expired. A competent buyer would have spotted any ambiguity and addressed that in 2014.

However the claim that they are only a problem based on the identity of the buyer ignores the fact that according to LDT the buyers haven’t changed since he said they weren’t a problem.

Another wholly gratuitous and spurious point about me and 2015/16, which 1) contradicts their own previous claim that I was advocating the owner of Ebbsfleet and 2) ignores the fact that PV was representing a specific buyer and the likelihood that I would have confidence in PV.

I will leave others to decide if they were in fact “mobilised” by me or formed their own judgement of Duchatelet and what needed to happen based on the evidence in front of them. 
    I don't think you could argue the last paragraph is liable.  The coordination of the protests was done by CARD, you were happy to be a public spokes man for CARD. 

The insinuating that people wanted to protest because of you is fanciful at best. 
    True. But technically LDT isn't saying you started the protests, simply that you mobilised protests, which, as part of CARD, he can argue you did. I don't like the bloke but he's been very careful with his wording there. Unnecessary of him though. 
    Has it been considered that LDT could be even more bonkers that Roland, that it is he infact the pen behind all of Roland’s ridiculous website rants over the last year? And poor old Roly has been copping the full blame for it?
  • 1873, Sydney Barnes born. He took 49 wickets in a Test Series against South Africa in 1913/14 which is a record that I believe still stands today.
    Slightly less sarcastic answer: Yes, Sydney Barnes's 49 series wickets is the most wickets ever taken by a bowler, from any nation, in a Test series.  Only six other people have taken 40 or more wickets in a series (one, Terry Alderman, did it twice).  All of those came in five- or six-match series.  Barnes took his 49 wickets in just four Tests.  

• 105 posts since my last sortie into this thread, I take it it's all done and dusted??
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Has it been considered that LDT could be even more bonkers that Roland, that it is he infact the pen behind all of Roland’s ridiculous website rants over the last year? And poor old Roly has been copping the full blame for it?
    Not by me. Deffo Duchâtelet in my book (nothing to do with me the circumflex btw, just always comes up in the phone like that, I blame Irving)
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Not by me. Deffo Duchâtelet in my book (nothing to do with me the circumflex btw, just always comes up in the phone like that, I blame Irving)
    Interesting use of the accent there.  You don't happen to have been in Belgium over the last couple of days do you?  Or have used an unusually large amount of spray paint recently? 
  • 😂 if only. 
  • I thought the director loans had to be paid up on return to the prem, turns out 20% per season up to 5?
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Blame the organ grinder not the monkey
  • Sponsored links:

• Ferryman said:
    I thought the director loans had to be paid up on return to the prem, turns out 20% per season up to 5?
    I think that would come as quite a surprise to a lot of people.  Most importantly, the directors themselves. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Has any other club sale been as complicated and drawn out as this one? Even I was beginning to blame the Aussies, but now the evidence points in another direction. If Dalman walks away you have to think this could literally go on for years.
    So even you have lost faith in the Aussies then?
    No, but they refuse to pay more than they think the club is worth.
    Roland reduced the price and then upped it again. He's playing games.
    But I guess I might prefer someone who was so rich they wouldn't care what the price was, but that's not realistic.
       Why don't they just walk away then?

How much more time can they afford to waste? There are other clubs for sale.
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Has any other club sale been as complicated and drawn out as this one? Even I was beginning to blame the Aussies, but now the evidence points in another direction. If Dalman walks away you have to think this could literally go on for years.
    But I guess I might prefer someone who was so rich they wouldn't care what the price was, but that's not realistic.

Some got over 9 days left an all, and all reasonably priced -

• JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

I suppose because they’ve invested so much money in lawyers’ fees unravelling the historic legal issues. Over a million. Walking away wouldn’t make sense when you might be days away from Roland getting real. (I know, unlikely!)

It’s only Murphy who’s involved in negotiations, and he has other business interests. I think they have their bid lodged, and it’s up to Roland to say yes or no, rather than maybe.

So it’s not a 24/7 thing for GM. Probably just 4% of his time ;-)
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

I suppose because they’ve invested so much money in lawyers’ fees unravelling the historic legal issues. Over a million. Walking away wouldn’t make sense when you might be days away from Roland getting real. (I know, unlikely!)

It’s only Murphy who’s involved in negotiations, and he has other business interests. I think they have their bid lodged, and it’s up to Roland to say yes or no, rather than maybe.

So it’s not a 24/7 thing for GM. Probably just 4% of his time ;-)
        No doubt have countless others but they've all moved on. Surely it's part of the territory? But I guess when you're small fry £1 million is a lot of money. All they are doing is helping continue this stalemate. A kind of insurance policy for Roland.
    I wish they'd just bugger off
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!