Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Has any other club sale been as complicated and drawn out as this one? Even I was beginning to blame the Aussies, but now the evidence points in another direction. If Dalman walks away you have to think this could literally go on for years.
    So even you have lost faith in the Aussies then?
    No, but they refuse to pay more than they think the club is worth.
    Roland reduced the price and then upped it again. He's playing games.
    But I guess I might prefer someone who was so rich they wouldn't care what the price was, but that's not realistic.
       Why don't they just walk away then?

How much more time can they afford to waste? There are other clubs for sale.
    I suppose because they’ve invested so much money in lawyers’ fees unravelling the historic legal issues. Over a million. Walking away wouldn’t make sense when you might be days away from Roland getting real. (I know, unlikely!)

It’s only Murphy who’s involved in negotiations, and he has other business interests. I think they have their bid lodged, and it’s up to Roland to say yes or no, rather than maybe.

So it’s not a 24/7 thing for GM. Probably just 4% of his time ;-)
    I know you're trying to be cute with that 4% comment but I don't find that funny at all. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Has any other club sale been as complicated and drawn out as this one? Even I was beginning to blame the Aussies, but now the evidence points in another direction. If Dalman walks away you have to think this could literally go on for years.
    But I guess I might prefer someone who was so rich they wouldn't care what the price was, but that's not realistic.

I suppose because they’ve invested so much money in lawyers’ fees unravelling the historic legal issues. Over a million. Walking away wouldn’t make sense when you might be days away from Roland getting real. (I know, unlikely!)

It’s only Murphy who’s involved in negotiations, and he has other business interests. I think they have their bid lodged, and it’s up to Roland to say yes or no, rather than maybe.

There has to come a time when they will conclude that Douchatelet doesn't really want to sell, because that's how he's behaving.
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

I think they have some sort of Goonies style treasure map showing treasures buried under the East Stand. Victorian sewer indeed.... It's an underground cave network full of Arks of the Covenant, a few Holy Grails.... 
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

So I’m assuming JS that they have submitted the outstanding piece of paperwork that the club said the EFL needed back in June 2018?
  • edited July 2019
    _MrDick said:
    A Friday is always a good day to announce good news ...

I don’t work on Fridays. If that’s not good news, I don’t know what is 
    Heres some more good news, I've got the day off and am going on a pub crawl.
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

No doubt have countless others but they've all moved on. Surely it's part of the territory? But I guess when you're small fry £1 million is a lot of money. All they are doing is helping continue this stalemate. A kind of insurance policy for Roland.
    I wish they'd just bugger off
    No they haven’t. That’s the point. 
    The rest of your post doesn’t deserve a reply because you're clearly on the wind up. Decent effort though. 🤣
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

So I’m assuming JS that they have submitted the outstanding piece of paperwork that the club said the EFL needed back in June 2018?
    ‘The club said’, or Lieven/Roland said?
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:

For your employer? 
  • Had a new nephew born on Tuesday, called Winston
    Chill Winston 
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

All of the above. 
  • Off_it said:
    _MrDick said:

Heres some more good news, I've got the day off and am going on a pub crawl.
     Can I come ... 
  • edited July 2019
    rikofold said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

There has to come a time when they will conclude that Douchatelet doesn't really want to sell, because that's how he's behaving.
    You may well be right, but there is literally no point in pulling out as far as they’re concerned, as it cost very little to stay in.

They may well have concluded that they probably won’t get to buy the club because Roland wants more than they’re prepared to pay, but as far as they're concerned there’s always a chance he might change his mind and see sense. 

In the meantime of course, someone else can always meet Roland’s valuation. The fact that the Aussies have that bid lodged, does not prevent someone else coming in to buy the club. End of.

I doubt very much that if they withdrew their (assumed) £33m bid that Roland would suddenly decide to sell to someone else for less. 

I still think it’s possible Dalman might pop up again, although it looks like his dealings with Roland didn't go well. As I’ve said before, he might be a better bet, who knows (don’t answer that! 😂)

Thing is all the time they stay in, Duchatelet has a reason to negotiate only as far down as their agreed price. If they withdrew then he'd have nothing to leverage with other potential buyers. 

I mean, why would he accept £30m from Dalman when he already has £33m - net, in his mind - from the Aussies? The only reason would be to save a few months of costs, but he's suffered at least 2 years of them so far. 
    Of course he wouldn’t accept £30m from Dalman when he’s turned down an offer of £33m (not net. It’s never been met, and Roland knows that).

And what’s to stop Dalman paying £34m anyway. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Don't they represent the club?
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

James, the EFL told three CAST delegates, of which I was one, in late October, that they had not submitted all the paperwork at that time.
  • Sponsored links:

• PaddyP17 said:
    Image result for the worst person you know just made a great point
    Is that Phil Collins?
    I’m going to have a wild guess and say No. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

I'll always argue that we, the fans, are the club but in this context the pair of incompetents De Turck and Duchatelet and "the club" are the same thing ie the regime that owns the business.

Point is the regime said it was only some paperwork to the EFL holding up the deal.  

Like they said David White had agreed to be flexible with his bond.

Like they said the bonds maybe time limited

Like they said the protests were only 2% of the fans

The regime lies quite a lot and the submit paperwork to EFL might just be one of them. Why does anyone believe what the regime says?

I really wish the Aussies would do what Dalman has done and brief the press off the record to put their side of the story.  That would be biased and slanted in their favour just as all briefings are but at least we'd have more information.

I've never got the hatred/mistrust of the Aussies because I just don't know enough about them.

That doesn't mean I'm not cautious about them, their funding or their intentions because I am.  I'm equally cautious about Dalman (who were his backers? what were/are his plans?) and any other buyers.

But let's not use the lies of the regime as evidence against the Aussies or anyone else.  That is what Duchatelet wants.

Duchatelet wants the fans to blame the ex-directors for the delay, not him.

Duchatelet wants the fans to blame the Aussies for the delay, not him.
    Yes the club lies, as much, if not more than it tells the truth, but they still said it and it was 'kinda' backed up by the EFL, who would have no reason to lie.
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

James, the EFL told three CAST delegates, of which I was one, in late October, that they had not submitted all the paperwork at that time.
    I don’t doubt that, but they’ve repeated that fact at FFs when the paperwork was no longer the reason for the delays. It’s a red herring now and has been for some time. Or do we think that Roland has said yes to £33m and the paperwork is an issue?
  • cafcwill said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

I'll always argue that we, the fans, are the club but in this context the pair of incompetents De Turck and Duchatelet and "the club" are the same thing ie the regime that owns the business.

Point is the regime said it was only some paperwork to the EFL holding up the deal.  

Like they said David White had agreed to be flexible with his bond.

Like they said the bonds maybe time limited

Like they said the protests were only 2% of the fans

The regime lies quite a lot and the submit paperwork to EFL might just be one of them. Why does anyone believe what the regime says?

I really wish the Aussies would do what Dalman has done and brief the press off the record to put their side of the story.  That would be biased and slanted in their favour just as all briefings are but at least we'd have more information.

I've never got the hatred/mistrust of the Aussies because I just don't know enough about them.

That doesn't mean I'm not cautious about them, their funding or their intentions because I am.  I'm equally cautious about Dalman (who were his backers? what were/are his plans?) and any other buyers.

But let's not use the lies of the regime as evidence against the Aussies or anyone else.  That is what Duchatelet wants.

Duchatelet wants the fans to blame the ex-directors for the delay, not him.

Duchatelet wants the fans to blame the Aussies for the delay, not him.
    Exactly This
    But those two lines you've highlighted, don't make up for a inefficiencies from the Aussie side though, which there have, have there not?
  • edited July 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

I don’t doubt that, but they’ve repeated that fact at FFs when the paperwork was no longer the reason for the delays. It’s a red herring now and has been for some time. Or do we think that Roland has said yes to £33m and the paperwork is an issue?
    I believe - based on no inside knowledge, only what I've read on here and been told by friends - that the price had been agreed and paperwork was filed, at that point funding fell through, or was not properly in place, to begin with, which is why no more was filed.

The Aussies then submitted a lower offer, which they could finance (or the finance 'falling through' was a negotiating tactic) at which point RD became annoyed and upped the price due to the fact he's a total moron who doesn't like having his plans meddled with.

Since then we've gained promotion and RD has once again tried to up the price because he's a total fruit.

Trying to do business with a madman must be very difficult, at the same time it dealing in bad faith is not a great thing to do either, if that's what happened.
  • Roland, you have no morals 
     amended for accuracy
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

I’m going to have a wild guess and say No. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!