Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Henry, I am willing to put a friendly £100 wager on point two, if you choose. Lemme know. We can settle up with a wire transfer, after the fact.

He purchased us for £20M (see article, below.) All the losses have been added to debt, for which he is earning 3% interest this whole time. Any new owners will have to take over all that debt. He will sell for more than £20M. Mark my words. Also, Lookman's profitable sale will count in this years books, as will Konsa, all of which he will probably pocket on the way out. He has many ways to sell for a profit.

Not trying to be argumentative, but I am pretty confident he will profit.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/belgian-tycoon-roland-duch-telet-completes-20m-charlton-athletic-takeover-9038120.html

God knows how you will settle that bet. The final fee he sells for will, no doubt, be undisclosed.
  • clb74 said:

Of course it can get worse under the Belgians..
    Here we are in the week ROT were formed I take it as in the hope it's the final nail in the coffin for the Belgians.
    But if they are still here in febuary we want them to bolster the squad in January.

February comes after the January deadline.
  • So you believe RD will sell below £20M or take a debt haircut? I do not. Perhaps that is why this is dragging out so long.
  • clb74 said:

Of course it can get worse under the Belgians..
    Here we are in the week ROT were formed I take it as in the hope it's the final nail in the coffin for the Belgians.
    But if they are still here in febuary we want them to bolster the squad in January.

February comes after the January deadline.
    School would've been my friend
  • So you believe RD will sell below £20M or take a debt haircut? I do not. Perhaps that is why this is dragging out so long.

I think so because his alternative is to lose more and more money on a business he has no further use for - and/or destroy its remaining value in the process.
    Do you think a deal will happen within the next month or two?
  • edited December 2017

cafcwill said:

Somebody I trust, with connections, went out of their way yesterday to tell me things are happening. That’s all I can report.

Would you say before Christmas or before end of Transfer Window?
    One or the other would be logical... I think the urgency was obvious on the pitch yesterday.
    See Airman's earlier response above @sammy391
  • RedChaser said:

cafcwill said:

Somebody I trust, with connections, went out of their way yesterday to tell me things are happening. That’s all I can report.

Would you say before Christmas or before end of Transfer Window?
    One or the other would be logical... I think the urgency was obvious on the pitch yesterday.
    See Airman's earlier response above @sammy391
    Thanks @RedChaser ,
    Although problem is, RD doesn’t do logic!
  • Sponsored links:

• I could be wrong, but at worst, I think RD would pull out some stops to keep us in L1, because he does understand that to go to L2 would bring our value way down.

People said the same about us getting relegated from the Championship. Roland would never let relegation to League One happen because he wants to protect his investment, the apologists said.

The truth is that Roland doesn't care enough to do anything about the situation.
    My thoughts as soon as I read that post from NapaAddick.
  • DOUCHER said:

If the price he paid for the club was simply to take on the 18m debt then he only needs a bid more than the difference between the current debt and the 18m to make a profit?

The debt is to starprix now not CAFC I thought so would remain with him unless new owners bought it back?
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

DOUCHER said:

If the price he paid for the club was simply to take on the 18m debt then he only needs a bid more than the difference between the current debt and the 18m to make a profit?

Dear me, I hope you are not an accountant.

In his defence (what am I doing defending DOUCHER?) I think he is saying that if the current debt is around £53m and the starting debt was around £18m then a bid of more than £35m would turn a profit for RD.

Which I think is correct, but I can't see how the club is worth more than the £35m while it is in League 1 making a loss.

• Are you selling the beans by weight or number? How much and does it include pp?

Are those magic beans being sold in pounds and ounces or in Kilos? We need to know before March 2019 so please post all answers on the Brexit thread ;)

• E-cafc said:

Are you selling the beans by weight or number? How much and does it include pp?

Are those magic beans being sold in pounds and ounces or in Kilos? We need to know before March 2019 so please post all answers on the Brexit thread ;)

I think my move into the magic beans sector was a mistake. Who thought there would be so much regulation and red tape?

So I'm selling off all my beans for 1 bitcoin each. Inbox me for details.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!