Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Ashley would be a monumental owner for a medium / small sized club like Charlton because I have no doubt he would spend enough to get us to the Premier League. On the other hand the money involved in getting a medium / big sized club like Newcastle back challenging the mega rich PL elite is massive and as previously noted Newcastle fans expectations are at best unrealistic. 

Do I think Mike Ashley will be Charltons owner ? Not in a million years.
  • Ashley would be a monumental owner for a medium / small sized club like Charlton because I have no doubt he would spend enough to get us to the Premier League. On the other hand the money involved in getting a medium / big sized club like Newcastle back challenging the mega rich PL elite is massive and as previously noted Newcastle fans expectations are at best unrealistic. 

Watch this space ;)

Watch this space ;)
    We have been. For about a year at least. And nobody has come up with a single good reason why Ashley, even if he wanted to buy another club, would choose Charlton. Especially when it is widely reported that 70-80% of Championship clubs are effectively for sale.
  • **************The Sportsdirect Valley******************
    I'll just leave that here. ;)
  • Not just Ashley, but the Aussies, Dalman, Red Bull, Some Chinese and your lot

Watch this space ;)
    We have been. For about a year at least. And nobody has come up with a single good reason why Ashley, even if he wanted to buy another club, would choose Charlton. Especially when it is widely reported that 70-80% of Championship clubs are effectively for sale.
    What’s the latest on BexleyBoy’s consortium? 
  • This thread has slowed down in recent days..... So it's not happening, is it?
  • T_C_E said:
    **************The Sportsdirect Valley******************
    They can call it what they like, to us it will always be The Valley
  • _MrDick said:
    Ashley would be a monumental owner for a medium / small sized club like Charlton because I have no doubt he would spend enough to get us to the Premier League. On the other hand the money involved in getting a medium / big sized club like Newcastle back challenging the mega rich PL elite is massive and as previously noted Newcastle fans expectations are at best unrealistic. 

Watch this space ;)
    What’s the latest on BexleyBoy’s consortium? 
    Same as it’s been for the last two years.
  • Sponsored links:

• T_C_E said:
    How long before its forgotten @charltonbob?
    New fans come along and its used less ie: The North Stand for The Covered End. 
  • T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:
    New fans come along and its used less ie: The North Stand for The Covered End. 
    Hang on... I thought it was the Cupboard End?
  • T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:
    New fans come along and its used less ie: The North Stand for The Covered Cupboard End. 

• Wow.....just wow!
    Grapevine does it again.
  • Thanks @Grapevine49 an interesting read
  • Mentioned favourably in a Grapevine post.

Take that @Garrymanilow :smile:
  • Excellent post, @Grapevine49
  • To be honest, I gave up reading Grapevine's post after an hour
  • Sponsored links:

• T_C_E said:
    Still better than a valley owned by RD!
  • T_C_E said:
    Still better than a valley owned by RD!
    I'll give you that one @Stu_of_Kunming ;)
  • Jessie said:
    This thread has slowed down in recent days..... So it's not happening, is it?
    Nah
  • RD is truly of another dimension. 

TL:DR 
    IT'S STILL NOT HAPPENING.

• Wowzer, excelent read that @Grapevine49, took me a few reads to fully get my head around it but a bloody good read nonetheless, a physcoeconomic destruction of our favourite Belgian. 
  • Yeah - but is it happening Grapevine? 😅
  • Enjoy the hiatus and take just a minute people, as the momentum falters and the "who knows what debate" stalls to reflect there are no enemies on here...

...RD is truly of another dimension. 

Question for G: if roly read that do you think he would recognise it as Charlton's situation, or his part therein?
    Is it vanity and hubris that blind him or fundamental lack of intelligence?
    My money's on a winning combination of both.

There's more professionalism and care for the club in that one article than roly's shown in 5 years.
  • edited July 2019
    Saving Grapvines post for bedtime.
    Saving it for a two week holiday in the Algarve!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!