Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited July 2019

Enjoy the hiatus and take just a minute people, as the momentum falters and the "who knows what debate" stalls to reflect there are no enemies on here...

...RD is truly of another dimension. 

Question for G: if roly read that do you think he would recognise it as Charlton's situation, or his part therein?
    Is it vanity and hubris that blind him or fundamental lack of intelligence?
    My money's on a winning combination of both.

There's more professionalism and care for the club in that one article than roly's shown in 5 years.
    So true @StigThundercock, well said.

Grapevine's post reframes the discussion and should earn a reference in the thread title, in my opinion; "Grapevine speaks, page 1924".
  • Was it towards the end of this week, today or tomorrow, that the European group were meeting RD or his reps? Do we know if that has/is happening? Sorry if I've got it wrong or I've missed someone else asking this.

no that is right, waiting with bated breath for an update from @PragueAddick
  • Was it towards the end of this week, today or tomorrow, that the European group were meeting RD or his reps? Do we know if that has/is happening? Sorry if I've got it wrong or I've missed someone else asking this.

I too am waiting with bated breath. However, I am bracing myself for news that most of us will not want to hear, based on a very terse message earlier this week. I will of course report as soon as I have something.
    Oh good.
  • Tosser wants too much for the club. No sane person will agree to his ludicrous, deluded demands.

We are not going to be sold.  We need to get used to it and ask where we, as fans, go from here.

Suggestions on a postcard please.
  • Tosser wants too much for the club. No sane person will agree to his ludicrous, deluded demands.

We are not going to be sold.  We need to get used to it and ask where we, as fans, go from here.

Ewood Park, for a start
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    Was it towards the end of this week, today or tomorrow, that the European group were meeting RD or his reps? Do we know if that has/is happening? Sorry if I've got it wrong or I've missed someone else asking this.

I too am waiting with bated breath. However, I am bracing myself for news that most of us will not want to hear, based on a very terse message earlier this week. I will of course report as soon as I have something.
    Here we go again. Club won’t be sold before season starts, that I’m sure.
    More likely that the club won't be sold ever, certainly not in RD's lifetime.
    As he is slowly pissing away his inheritance perhaps it's time for Roly's son to consider applying for a power of attorney, as his old man is clearly off his conkers. 
  • Enjoy the hiatus and take just a minute people, as the momentum falters and the "who knows what debate" stalls to reflect there are no enemies on here...

Question for G: if roly read that do you think he would recognise it as Charlton's situation, or his part therein?

There's more professionalism and care for the club in that one article than roly's shown in 5 years.

Grapevine's post reframes the discussion and should earn a reference in the thread title, in my opinion; "Grapevine speaks, page 1924".
    & finishes on page 1927...😉

only joking Grapevine,love reading ur take on things,keep them coming
  • edited July 2019

Enjoy the hiatus and take just a minute people, as the momentum falters and the "who knows what debate" stalls to reflect there are no enemies on here...

Grapevine's post reframes the discussion and should earn a reference in the thread title, in my opinion; "Grapevine speaks, 1924".
    It might feel like it, but it wasn't that long ago. 
  • Crazy thing is talking purely on the pitch we have gone circle. Roland took over a Championship club in danger of going down and that’s where we are now. 

Not saying he deserves any less criticism but despite a rough few years we are in a similar position to when he took over. 
    But with about 10 times the debt.
    Not necessarily. At some point Roland will have to write some of this off. 
  • Crazy thing is talking purely on the pitch we have gone circle. Roland took over a Championship club in danger of going down and that’s where we are now. 

Not saying he deserves any less criticism but despite a rough few years we are in a similar position to when he took over. 
    Any rational owner would look at it in that way. Not sure that our owner is in a hurry to cut his losses and of course he doesn’t need to if he doesn’t want to. 
  • Been reported elsewhere that Dalman may have walked away as RD has changed his mind about selling. Also that nothing on the horizon is close. Just mentioning what I've read. If what @PragueAddick says is potentially correct, then I surmise that RD is not selling anytime soon.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Was it towards the end of this week, today or tomorrow, that the European group were meeting RD or his reps? Do we know if that has/is happening? Sorry if I've got it wrong or I've missed someone else asking this.

Here we go again. Club won’t be sold before season starts, that I’m sure.
    I think that become obvious about 5 weeks ago mate
  • Been reported elsewhere that Dalman may have walked away as RD has changed his mind about selling. Also that nothing on the horizon is close. Just mentioning what I've read. If what @PragueAddick says is potentially correct, then I surmise that RD is not selling anytime soon.
    That's news to me, where has this been reported?

Any rational owner would look at it in that way. Not sure that our owner is in a hurry to cut his losses and of course he doesn’t need to if he doesn’t want to. 
    Latest i have heard (and this is from RD himself) is that in fact he does want to cut his losses ...into 10 equal parcels which he will  then sell separately for a sum greater than the value of the collective whole. He will then take any residual debt owed by those purchasing the parcels and lend up to the value of that debt with those purchasers. Obviously the debt will be leveraged from the new owners security against the land but not the buildings.  
  • Sponsored links:

• 1927, Joe Davis wins the first world snooker championship.
  • Only things I can  say right now ares that we know how quickly the clown changes what he said hours earlier, and that I am really only the messenger, and my main direct contact is apparently in South America this week, doubtless on his day job. That would not be the reason for any hold-up. 

My instinct is towards pessimism, but right now it is nothing more than instinct (which is of course shaped by other news and comment from people.

I would also love to compare notes with @nth london addick.
  • don't know about anyone else but I'm up for a Leffe Blond or three ….
    won't achieve anything other than making you feel like you are doing something
  • Only speculating, but is it possible that he's taking a punt on Bowyer pulling off a miracle this season regardless of the fact that minimal investment has been made in the squad?

The only way he will get all of his money back is to sell if we reach the Prem (the same goes for any new owner as well of course).

• If he’s decided to not sell in the hope bowyer can get us up whilst giving us the lowest budget in the league he’s more demented than we first feared.

Its like turning down an interview for a job cos you’ve got a lottery ticket for tonight.

So it would indeed be in keeping with the mind of two sheds.
  • edited July 2019
    Sorry to increase the gloom, but have heard the rumoured Chinese interest has walked away. Apparently they had been getting involved with the Aussie bid. Adds delay to any continuation of Aussie bid. 
    [Info not from Aussies. Source pretty reliable, but not as nailed on as when from Aussies of course.]
  • JamesSeed said:
    Sorry to increase the gloom, but have heard the rumoured Chinese interest has walked away. Apparently they had been getting involved with the Aussie bid. Adds delay to any continuation of Aussie bid. 
    [Info not from Aussies]
    Not unhappy about that tbh
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!