Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Mentioned favourably in a Grapevine post.

Take that @Garrymanilow :smile:
    I've still got more promotes
  • round of applause for Mr G49 please.

• Jessie said:
    This thread has slowed down in recent days..... So it's not happening, is it?

No. I'm just enjoying the lovely weather and not worrying about the non-existent takeover.
  • Saving Grapvines post for bedtime.
    You'd better start now :smile:
  • Saving Grapvines post for bedtime.

Will give you nightmares mate.
  • 1924, The first nudist camp is established at Wickford Essex. Essex girls have been around longer than I thought.
  • edited July 2019
    Always, after reading one of @Grapevine49 posts , I wish I'd paid more attention at school !
  • edited July 2019
    1925, John Logie Baird successfully transmits the first television pictures.
  • Sponsored links:

• And here was me enjoying the glorious weather and so looking forward to the new season - then along comes Grapevine ! Cheers mate.
  • Thank you Grapevine, well worth the wait and the daily Wade through - great reward.
  • Thanks Grapevine. That post should just about cover the several hours my commute back to Bexleyheath will take this evening!
  • 1924, The first nudist camp is established at Wickford Essex. Essex girls have been around longer than I thought.

Thank you again, for giving us the bare facts
  • 1925, John Logie Baird successfully transmits the first television pictures.
    I can't wait till 1947, we win the FA Cup :wink:
    1946 is a difficult pill to swallow though. 
  • Sorry @Grapevine49, can you repeat that...
  • Sponsored links:

• Having now taken time to read Grapvines post, all I can say is Bravo sir. It may not be a succinct post (far from it) but it highlights the mindset of RD, we (as in CAFC) need to see him gone, the ongoing damage is getting to a situation where it may be hard to come back from. Only RD can have  accumulated a £61m debt, by many misguided and ill-thought decisions from Day 1. The fact that, by luck, he stumbled over Bowyer, who has worked miracles to get us promoted, does not detract from his previous 'costly' errors. Sadly he seems to think that by treating LB with these budget constraints again, the same as he did last season, he will see a similar outcome is nothing short of 'stupidity'. He has little to no concept of how big a task it will now be to keep us in The Championship, where the standard of football is substantially better.
    If he still owns us and, at the end of Oct/Nov we are adrift, because no matter how many miracles LB/JJ/SG perform the squad are not good enough, what will be his options a) Sack all 3 and try with yet another managerial change, or b) soldier on until the January transfer window opens and provide a 'rescue from relegation budget? On balance of past performance and track-record I think a) will be the action he takes.
    This will inevitably lead to more fan frustration, the potential sale of any good disposable players (for a knock-down fee) and the eventual relegation back to League 1. 
    If the relegation happens this entire circus will begin again, but this time there maybe no LB/JJ/SG to start the process again.....we will be League 1 or even 2, his 'friendly (my arse) debt will have increased, yet his desire to sell the club will be based on his egotistical and completely unrealistic valuation; my guess is, by which time, every current and potential suitor will have walked away.
    RD is indeed 'truly of another dimension', but this dimension may see CAFC sucked into a big black hole, where escape may just become impossible.
    If your a) situation comes to pass (I think the chances are high) one would hope that the fan reaction would be commensurate with roly's offence, while not advocating or condoning anything criminal, direct action that the bungler couldn't ignore would be the least he could expect.  Although not large (about 10,000) the constituency he will offend will be much larger than the last couple of years, in the Championship the profile of his stupidity will be much higher.
  • Macronate said:
    I’ve just given @Grapevine49’s post a ‘like’ and haven’t even read it.
    I think you have done the right thing but I did not agree with him calling Macronate a tosser for previous comments he has made.  ;)  
    Oih don't spoilt it for Henry Irving. I have been told off by him already. 
    He is recording it or listening to it on his transistor radio. 
  • Macronate said:
    I’ve just given @Grapevine49’s post a ‘like’ and haven’t even read it.
    I think you have done the right thing but I did not agree with him calling Macronate a tosser for previous comments he has made.  ;)  
    He’s spot on again, I’m afraid.
  • T_C_E said:
    1925, John Logie Baird successfully transmits the first television pictures.
    Repeats tonight on Sky's UK Gold. ;)

And the result? 

Bloody 'Love Island' and it's variants.

• I wished l could read. 
  • no not mad just very vindictive and he has the money to be so
  • edited July 2019
    no not mad just very vindictive and he has the money to be so
    Grapevine said "I see no malice".
    I interpret that as he thinks the same as me. He is not being vindictive.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!