Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Roland achieving his asking price you say?

Image result for Thatll never happen gif

Roland giving Bowyer money from Ademola's sale?

Roland selling before the season begins

Roland selling before christmas

Everyone on the loading time of this post:

• JamesSeed said:
    Sorry to increase the gloom, but have heard the rumoured Chinese interest has walked away. Apparently they had been getting involved with the Aussie bid. Adds delay to any continuation of Aussie bid. 
    [Info not from Aussies. Source pretty reliable, but not as nailed on as when from Aussies of course.]
    Are you referring to The Bloke from Barnsley? That "Chinese" interest?
  • J BLOCK said:
    Was it towards the end of this week, today or tomorrow, that the European group were meeting RD or his reps? Do we know if that has/is happening? Sorry if I've got it wrong or I've missed someone else asking this.

no that is right, waiting with bated breath for an update from @PragueAddick
    I too am waiting with bated breath. However, I am bracing myself for news that most of us will not want to hear, based on a very terse message earlier this week. I will of course report as soon as I have something.
    Here we go again. Club won’t be sold before season starts, that I’m sure.
    I think that become obvious about 5 weeks ago mate
    Only  ?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Sorry to increase the gloom, but have heard the rumoured Chinese interest has walked away. Apparently they had been getting involved with the Aussie bid. Adds delay to any continuation of Aussie bid. 
    [Info not from Aussies. Source pretty reliable, but not as nailed on as when from Aussies of course.]
    I think he means me, I'm teaming up with @Addickted to form a new mega consortium. You want in?
  • edited July 2019
    Has anyone got details of the bar where the B200 assembled? I believe they did B&B.
  • I wonder which month Duchatelet will sack Bowyer due to results.
  • seth plum said:
    I wonder which month Duchatelet will sack Bowyer due to results.
    I don't think he will, Bowyer is providing the perfect shield for him especially as he's working miracles given the circumstances. The results for Duchataway are a double whammy, if Bow starts to loose a few the fans will rightly stand behind Bow so he knows that if he were to sack him with a poor run of results he's removing his shield. 
  • seth plum said:
    He will only sack him if results look like they are keeping us in the Championship for the following season.

RD will be happy with either promotion or relegation.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    There's no reason to think he cares about results, and sacking Bow would cost money.
  • don't know about anyone else but I'm up for a Leffe Blond or three ….

They can shove their almost superior food products. 

I'm boycotting all thing Belgium to the point that even Sainsburys Belgium buns are taboo.

After the last 4 years, Belgium products may never see my kitchen ever again.

• On Talksport just now they announced there will be a major announcement at 4.30pm. You don't want to miss it. They have Darren Bent in the stuido? Takeover completed? Roland only speaks to Talksport. Oh. Presenter announced details to be ironed out. Strange circumstances so can't be us and he only talks to Jim White. 
  • 1928, Tich Freeman of Kent takes 304 wickets during the season. An all time record.
    Gary Goal's grandad.
  • JamesSeed said:
    I think he means me, I'm teaming up with @Addickted to form a new mega consortium. You want in?
    Just checked the tin of Quality Street and they've melted.
  • Rudders22 said:
    On Talksport just now they announced there will be a major announcement at 4.30pm. You don't want to miss it. They have Darren Bent in the stuido? Takeover completed? Roland only speaks to Talksport. Oh. Presenter announced details to be ironed out. Strange circumstances so can't be us and he only talks to Jim White. 
    ??????
  • Ignore me. Got excited when presentator said an announcement at 4.30pm. Got excited thinking we had been sokd. Prob to do with Gareth Bale. 
  • edited July 2019
    Bent retires. Missed end of TdeF for that :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Darrent Bent retiring. It was that. 
  • Rudders22 said:
    Darrent Bent retiring. It was that. 
    he retired when we went Spurs
  • Didn't know he was still playing.
  • T_C_E said:
    seth plum said:
    I don't think he will, Bowyer is providing the perfect shield for him especially as he's working miracles given the circumstances. The results for Duchataway are a double whammy, if Bow starts to loose a few the fans will rightly stand behind Bow so he knows that if he were to sack him with a poor run of results he's removing his shield. 
    This is actually one of my big concerns going into this season.  On the pitch it may get tough and we suffer a few defeats.  Were we to have a run of bad results, I really would hope that everyone sticks with Bowyer.  I’m sure we will, but it’s just a little nagging fear I’ve got at the back of my mind.  
  • J BLOCK said:
    Been reported elsewhere that Dalman may have walked away as RD has changed his mind about selling. Also that nothing on the horizon is close. Just mentioning what I've read. If what @PragueAddick says is potentially correct, then I surmise that RD is not selling anytime soon.
    That's news to me, where has this been reported?
    On a different forum.
  • cabbles said:
    T_C_E said:
    seth plum said:
    This is actually one of my big concerns going into this season.  On the pitch it may get tough and we suffer a few defeats.  Were we to have a run of bad results, I really would hope that everyone sticks with Bowyer.  I’m sure we will, but it’s just a little nagging fear I’ve got at the back of my mind.  
    In an ideal world football fans would not be a fickle bunch.
  • bobmunro said:

Only speculating, but is it possible that he's taking a punt on Bowyer pulling off a miracle this season regardless of the fact that minimal investment has been made in the squad?

The only way he will get all of his money back is to sell if we reach the Prem (the same goes for any new owner as well of course).

Beginning to think this. My worry is that if he does hit the jack pot (a la Huddersfield) then will he even sell in the Prem????? 

The man is like a rash that the club cannot shake off.

Someone (Murray?) needs to get his confidence and convince him to cut his losses for everyone's sake. 
  • Murray only cares about himself.
  • Lol, "Major Announcement" when will you lot learn about Talksport.

• I’m sure they will, Robinson surrounded himself with Bowyer and Jackson and Duchataway after Robinson wanted to go he has seen why. Robinson didn’t help himself with “President” comments then trying to impress by bringing in Robbie Fowler? When all that was wanted was someone that knew what this football club was about. Meanwhile  Duchataway was stumbling around his lists of contacts for someone to replace Robinson and found Bow and JJ were already on the payroll, he put them in charge as a cheap option/stopgap. While no one is more pleased for Bow, JJ & Gallen than me I couldnt help but to think at the start, they were up against it. Let’s not think Duchataway is backing them to the hilt, as we know last year he pulled the plug on an out of contract player the Bowyer wanted. As always the first 11 will look good and as always suspension and injury will take its toll, we end up running the kids into the ground or bringing back the injured too early that is where he lets Bowyer down. I was prepared to buy a season ticket this year (finance has now dictated otherwise) to back Bowyer and his team because I can see it’s in his heart, yes he wants to succeed but he wants to do it the Charlton way. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!