Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Crazy thing is talking purely on the pitch we have gone circle. Roland took over a Championship club in danger of going down and that’s where we are now. 

Not saying he deserves any less criticism but despite a rough few years we are in a similar position to when he took over. 
  • How much money has he spent just treading water?

RD is truly of another dimension. 

The Belgian will take that as a compliment

• no not mad just very vindictive and he has the money to be so
    Grapevine said "I see no malice".
    I interpret that as he thinks the same as me. He is not being vindictive.
    He told Jim White that he was unable to attend the playoff final because  we are a threat to his personal safety. If he believes this he thinks we are lowlife. If he doesn't believe it he wants to portray us as such on national radio. Either way supports the view that he is vindictive, or something close.
  • An enjoyable read as ever from Grapevine, but sadly not really providing any new insight about the tosser Duchatelet. He is mad, he wants his money back, he is a Cnut! That is the basic summary!
    Saving yourself 3 hours of your life into the bargain.

He told Jim White that he was unable to attend the playoff final because  we are a threat to his personal safety. If he believes this he thinks we are lowlife. If he doesn't believe it he wants to portray us as such on national radio. Either way supports the view that he is vindictive, or something close.
    No it doesn't.

It supports the view that he was either genuinely scared of the grief he may receive, whether it may be from one or two individuals, or 40,000 fans singing songs he wouldn't like.

Alternatively, he didn't want to attend for any number of other reasons (perhaps most likely because he doesn't care and could see no benefit for him in attending).
    A few apologists remain up there @Covered End

• Once again, for a club who’s employee’s have absolutely no issues with reporting perceived threats to their personal safety to the the police. I think it’s safe to say his and her claims at best are exaggerated at worse outright lies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Saving Grapvines post for bedtime.
    I don't think I've read that many words in all the 3 years I've been able to read, put together
  • To be fair, having heard the interview, I think the threat to his safety bit was manufactured a bit by Jim White. Duchatelet wen't along with it but White was steering the boat! I think the main reasons Duchatelet didn't go was he had publicly stated he had no interest in the club and his presence would have been a distraction.

White is the worst type of sensationalist reporter and if you enjoy listening to him, you deserve to listen to him. 
    THE reason Dushitelet did not attend was due to zero interest.
  • 1925, John Logie Baird successfully transmits the first television pictures.
    I can't wait till 1947, we win the FA Cup :wink:
    I can't wait to read about the League One play-off final win over Sunderland.
  • Cue Twilight Zone theme.
  • Is no news good news?
  • To be fair, having heard the interview, I think the threat to his safety bit was manufactured a bit by Jim White. Duchatelet wen't along with it but White was steering the boat! I think the main reasons Duchatelet didn't go was he had publicly stated he had no interest in the club and his presence would have been a distraction.

White is the worst type of sensationalist reporter and if you enjoy listening to him, you deserve to listen to him. 
    THE reason Dushitelet did not attend was due to zero interest.
    He's got enough interest to block the free signing of a striker in January, 10 minutes before the deadline. A deliberate act of sabotage by a man who knew what he was doing.
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s happening soon!
  • Solidgone said:
    It’s happening soon!
    Yawn!
  • Scoham said:
    If Duchatelet is selling before our season starts it will happen within the next week or so.

I want to believe it’s the case, but it feels like nothing will happen, just like every other time someone said it was close.
    Convinced we’ll get see a post on OS saying something along the lines of “we had offers and the deal was being discussed with various parties but it didn’t quite materialise” sometime in August.
  • Scoham said:
    If Duchatelet is selling before our season starts it will happen within the next week or so.

I want to believe it’s the case, but it feels like nothing will happen, just like every other time someone said it was close.
    Convinced we’ll get see a post on OS saying something along the lines of “we had offers and the deal was being discussed with various parties but it didn’t quite materialise” sometime in August.
    "The price has been agreed with multiple parties."
  • that would be Roland and Rolands ego as the multiple parties
  • I wish I could write like Grapevine

superb post
  • I wish I could write like Grapevine

superb post
    If we could all write like Grapevine there would be a lot less posts on this forum because it would take days just to read one page of comments!!
  • Is no news good news?
    In Duchatalet’s case.......... yes, it is .
  • Was it towards the end of this week, today or tomorrow, that the European group were meeting RD or his reps? Do we know if that has/is happening? Sorry if I've got it wrong or I've missed someone else asking this.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!