Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited July 2019
    cafcwill said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I’m still hearing the old nutter want to sell before the season starts. God knows how he’ll do that. Historic debts still an issue. It’s not happening. Is it?
    Do we have any more clarity on what these historic debts are?

The ex-directors loans and/or something else?
    Didn't something come out of the Jimenez Ashley trial? 

Wasn't there something that neither Jimenez or Slater Technically owned CAFC.

Didn't you mention something about this @Airman Brown when the case was first in the news. A lot of it went over my head but that but stuck out.

Could that be the 'historic debt' ??
    Prior to 2014 the club was owned through a network of family trusts based in the BVI, apart from 10 per cent that was owned by Murray. The judge in the Jimenez-Khakshouri case found that neither Jimenez nor Cash owned or controlled the club, on which basis he ruled that Khakshouri had been misled into lending them money around a future payout for moving it to the peninsula. He wasn't required to rule on Slater, who along with Jimenez it was claimed by the official website (and hence the Football League) substantially owned the club.
  • Grim news, I'm afraid. The buyer has now terminated discussions. My contact was not in the meeting but expects to get a fuller debrief on Monday. Brief feedback is that they feel they have been messed around and that he is not serious about doing a deal - confirming the worst fears on here. Hopefully more detail on Monday, including whether their decision is final, my contact believes possibly not, but certainly nothing will change in time for this season

@Rudders22 yes I know who this buyer is, and have done a bit of background on him, all of which was positive, especially his existing track record owning a football club, although he is not in the super-rich league. No, he has not been mentioned at all. 

Like everyone else I am sure, i am massively pissed off, and ready to support any well thought out action to persuade him that hanging on to us comes with a price, and that price, IMO is trashing of his reputation in his own backyard.
    Great can’t wait for another 1000 pages of this thread, Henry Irving still with no promote and happy valley remarkably predicting the future. Let the good times roll
  • Grim news, I'm afraid. The buyer has now terminated discussions. My contact was not in the meeting but expects to get a fuller debrief on Monday. Brief feedback is that they feel they have been messed around and that he is not serious about doing a deal - confirming the worst fears on here. Hopefully more detail on Monday, including whether their decision is final, my contact believes possibly not, but certainly nothing will change in time for this season

@Rudders22 yes I know who this buyer is, and have done a bit of background on him, all of which was positive, especially his existing track record owning a football club, although he is not in the super-rich league. No, he has not been mentioned at all. 

Like everyone else I am sure, i am massively pissed off, and ready to support any well thought out action to persuade him that hanging on to us comes with a price, and that price, IMO is trashing of his reputation in his own backyard.
    Thanks for sharing Prague, even if it is bad news at least it makes things a little clearer.

Its yet more proof that we have no idea what goes on in Roland's head. He's apparently desperate to sell yet appears to be doing all he can to dissuade any potential buyers. 

Just utterly depressing.

Not good news, but if there is a positive, it is that as more walk away it could bring a glimmer of reality it that dense cranium of his.

Totally agree that Belgium is the way to move things along.
  • Oh bollocks
  • What a way to start the weekend. So is that it now,all parties have withdrawn???
  • Well that's it then. Roland either doesn't actually want to sell, or is such a psychopath that he's unable to work a deal out. Given that he's managed to sell all his other clubs without incident I am starting to believe that Charlton and English football have particularly touched a nerve and now he's mucking potential buyers around all with the intention of pissing everyone associated with Charlton off as revenge. Good for him. Wake me up when he's dead.
  • Sponsored links:

I wonder what DeBuerk is going say about the whole sorry state of affairs now. What a complete Clusterfuck #DuchateletOUT
  • seth plum said:
    'Terse' has been a good word to introduce into this thread.
    We need a good vocabulary based on something like the Scoville Scale to describe encounters any ITK people have.
    @JamesSeed = coquettish 

Thank you for repkying to me Prague. Grim news
  • I wish i could say a 4 letter word  ut holding back. 
  • _MrDick said:
    Grim news, I'm afraid. The buyer has now terminated discussions. My contact was not in the meeting but expects to get a fuller debrief on Monday. Brief feedback is that they feel they have been messed around and that he is not serious about doing a deal - confirming the worst fears on here. Hopefully more detail on Monday, including whether their decision is final, my contact believes possibly not, but certainly nothing will change in time for this season

I wonder what DeBuerk is going say about the whole sorry state of affairs now. What a complete Clusterfuck #DuchateletOUT
    He won't. He is a bullshitter and is never available for meetings. Duchalet doesn't wsnt to sell at his price and de truck is his puppy and Murray juts sits on his arse and does nothing. 
  • 1931, The highway code first issued.
  • So it's happening then?
  • edited July 2019
    BBC Sport reporting completed sale of Notts County to a Danish consortium, having been up for sale since January. Perhaps Duchatelet should seek advice as per their quick sale. He’s playing with the fans, I feel it’s time to enjoy the football (if possible) and embarrass him at his home.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    So it's happening then?
    Yes this thread has now been confirmed to still be going until the sun consumes the earth.
  • Cheers @PragueAddick.  Just hoping that the ‘lined up’ buyer isn’t his safety Aussies (no offence @JamesSeed, but I really can’t understand why they are still hanging around), otherwise I’m starting to feel like he’s not really serious about selling and this has just been a massive deflection exercise...
  • @PragueAddick thank you, this, sadly seems to back up what I read elsewhere about Dalman saying exactly the same thing....RD does NOT want to sell!! So where does this leave us? Lowest budget for LB in Championship, as confirmed by LB himself and an owner and SMT who are playing not just the fans, but in my opinion LB himself. The man is a vindictive old fucker, CAFC sadly seems to be fucked as well.
  • Further update, text from intermediary to his buddy and on to me. Intermediary and buyer (actually the son-in-law of the main man has been meeting with RD or whoever) disagree about exactly why RD behaved as he did. Intermediary thinks RD does not want to sell, but buyer has a feeling that he might have someone lined up. I think that only the buyer, not the intermediary, has actually been in a F2F meet.

I'm sorry for this conflicting set of messages. I may have a bit more clarity from Monday, but it is clear they don't really know what RD is up to. What is clear is that they found him just as slippery as everyone else. 

Well if the latter view is the correct one, (that he has someone else), then surely that has to surface pretty soon..and if the former is true, no one will be surprised, and we need to take up arms again. 
    The man is a proper See You Next Tuesday. If he has got someone lined up, why not just tell perspective buyers to Eff Off rather than waste everyone’s time and money
  • edited July 2019
    Title update “Page 1931 All bids collapse”

Aaaah crap
  • edited July 2019
    The whole thing sounds like RD is trying to flog a valuable antique.

He does want to sell it but is in no rush because he doesn't need the money from the sale as he's far richer than the antique's (the club) worth. He doesn't need to do anything but sit back and wait for someone to sell it on his behalf (in our case LDT), any pressure (protests) he might have got to sell the antique has gone away because he tells those interested that he is in the process of selling. It might cost him a few quid in the meantime (running costs) to maintain it's valuation but he can afford to absorb that cost. Meanwhile until someone comes up with the cash at the full asking price he'll hold on to it (the club) until he dies.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!