Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Well if we lose a few let’s protest (as it stands we are gonna lose a lot and be guaranteed bottom 3 unless there are a few miracle signings) but if we do ok let’s not bother .
    Sadly the life has been sucked out of most and add that to the lameness of many and the accepting of this Helmet of all Helmets will end up with our club back in league one and weaker than ever .
    bowyer , Jacko and gallen and us fans are having the piss taken out of us but they’re getting paid for it and we are paying for the piss to be taken.

Shameful times 
    wtf do we do , head in the sand can’t be right but seems to be the way we are all heading 
  • Had a further message, which I had better leave until Monday to get further verified, because it is meltdown material. I will leave you with this thought though. This is the first time we have a bidder where one of the key players is a proper Charlton fan who thinks and talks like one of us. RD may have dicked off the wrong person this time.
    Not quite.
    Ah yes, sorry. Had to stop and think about whom you were referring to. I should have said "this is is the first time, since RD declared that the club is for sale..." 
  • Sadly it seems the only way out is when he dies, really believe he is edging his bets and if by some fluke Bowyer got us up on a shoestring he could then cash in.
  • edited July 2019
    The answers for me lay in his statement shortly after the play off.

He mentioned something about a quick sale being scuppered and then started banging on about budget for next season and how we wouldn't win many games.

Notice the 'we' there.

He very rarely claims to be part of 'we' but in this instance he did, signalling to me someone that actually wants to give this championship a crack. Albeit with a piss poor budget.

I believe there was one, and one only real interested party that had indicated to him that they were willing to meet his demands.

But when the Douche got on the blower to them, probably before Bauer had even got back to his own half, to indicate a slight increase in the already over inflated price they told him to F**k off!

And so we're stuck with him.
  • Off_it said:
    Oh, I see we're back to playing the "I know something but can't tell you" games again.

Crack on.
    Not sure if you’re referring to me, but I literally know nothing other than what I posted. 
    Keep calm etc. 
  • Off_it said:
    Oh, I see we're back to playing the "I know something but can't tell you" games again.

Crack on.
    Really? It could hardly have been more widely reported that all this started with a Charlton supporter trying to arrange the purchase of the club from Duchatelet.
    Oh my god Ackworth might have actually finally done it!
  • Seems obvious to me that duchebag is waiting for an idiot.  He wants someone who will ignore all logic and pay over the odds. So he baits them with a seemingly decent price and then heaps on the add one - the extra 7 million of legacy debt, the sell on fees of current and past players etc. He keeps on doing that until either they walk away or buy the club. Problem for duche is no one is that stupid especially when making a business decision.
  • edited July 2019
    Well that's some grim news to wake up, thanks for sharing what you can Prague, I just hope RD isn't hoping to complete a deal that's totally unrealistic and that's why he's pissing off other buyers

What a nightmare
    I think what you hope RD isn't doing is pretty much the situation sadly. 

The thing is, when it is out there that the club is for sale, a reasonable person may think that a fair price can ultimately be agreed on through negotiation. It is when you want to buy from somebody who doesn't want to sell that you might have to pay silly money. Roland wants them to pay silly money because he has convinced himself the club is worth it. He has convinced himself because he is not right in the head.

He convinced himself that his network idea would work, that Meire was good at her job, That Driesen knows more about players than people much more experienced and qualified. You have to see the simplicity of his stupidity. Driesen was the fat bloke from Moneyball to Duchatelet. We all make mistakes, but his ones, he walks into like walking into a brick wall. And he has a character fault that means he can never accept his mistake. It is probably why if you want to work for him in a support capacity, the most important thing is a brown tongue.

He can afford to sell the club and people are willing to pay £30m, which I think is on the high side but we know they are willing to pay it, so he should sell for £30m and forget about his mistakes. By not doing so, he is only going to lose more money and we have had some glimpses of protests by one or two people which can really hurt his interests. He hasn't felt the full force of that yet, but he could do. if he was sane, he would get out now.

If he took £30m he can claim he left us in the same division as he found us and he got more money for us than he paid! Ok, that is forgetting money lost along the way, but he can walk away with a face saving position.

• So we now have meltdown Monday to anticipate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    Had a further message, which I had better leave until Monday to get further verified, because it is meltdown material. I will leave you with this thought though. This is the first time we have a bidder where one of the key players is a proper Charlton fan who thinks and talks like one of us. RD may have dicked off the wrong person this time.
    We have to wait until Monday to find out this snippet?  Is it broadly along the lines of RD acting in a duplicitous, or at least, inconsistent way towards a buyer and the asking price becoming a moving target, @PragueAddick ?
    Er, yes. But I would rather hear it from the horse's mouth before giving any more detail ( assuming, also, that I am allowed to)
    Sounds like it could be useful information. Maybe better to not have said anything about it until Monday, when you would have known whether the information could be shared ? 🤔
  • edited July 2019
    Under his ownership we have become the proverbial leper of world football.......in a word.........we are ‘untouchable’.
    Even Mother ‘fucking’ Theresa wouldn’t take us on!

• edited July 2019
    1934, Percy Shaw patents the Cat's Eye reflector.
  • 1934, Percy Shaw parents the Cat's Eye reflector.
    The bank of Mum & Dad comes to the rescue yet again!

• Just have to see what's said on Monday. Not alot we can do until then! 

Thanks for the info Prague. 👍
  • JamesSeed said:
    I’m still hearing the old nutter want to sell before the season starts. God knows how he’ll do that. Historic debts still an issue. It’s not happening. Is it?
    Have to agree but I have believed this to be the case for some time.
  • edited July 2019
    Off_it said:

Crack on.
    Really? It could hardly have been more widely reported that all this started with a Charlton supporter trying to arrange the purchase of the club from Duchatelet.
    I was referring to what has since been named “Meltdown Monday”.

If people have info they want to share then share it. If they don’t want to, or can’t, then why mention it in the first place?
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2019/07/fury-over-rangers-deal-continues-theyre.html?m=1 

What riles me with Duchatelet is his complete lack of accountability for his rubbish short sighted penny pinching that leads to greater losses. 

Laid bare in the Rangers blog above with the loss of Joe Aribo for peanuts.

•  Where do we go from here? Back to League 1 I guess, with LB, despite trying his upmost best to keep us in the Championship, relieved of his duties. There will be no mention of a shit budget and no ambition from the twat of an owner......I fear the worse now....sadly.

My thoughts exactly, crap budget, league one squad, defeat after defeat, LB sacked, relegated. I dread to think what the future holds.

Just hope the Belgian dies soon
  • edited July 2019
    His decision not to push to boat out and get Aribo signed up when he could has cost him millions. Note, him and not us! He is thick and mad - there can be no doubt about that and we need to do more to expose the fact. It really doesn't matter to us because he would have kept whatever we got for Aribo. I am sad because it is a poor football move for the lad, but I am not sad Duchatelet has cost himself loads of money. He is a figure of ridicule and fun. It is like listening to the village idiot when he speaks and it may never be repeated anywhere in the world that St Truiden's Village Idiot is probably its richest citizen!  
  • We could do a few of these with some tourist facts if we had somehwere we could put them!
  • Is LDT actually carrying out all these negotiations in person?  @PragueAddick @JamesSeed

Didn't he originally pay a fortune for some London firm to handle the takeover? 
  • I wonder if a prospective new owner who had spent a sizable amount of dosh on their  DD only to find RD has moved the goal post could actually take legal action against RD to recoup their costs ?

I guess it wouldnt help us even if they can as the Rat will only put that cost into "our" debt
  • I reckon he will pay the directors loans off just to put his debt as first charge should we reach the prem
  • Keith Harris and Jon Woods have left Everton's board of directors. I thought I read on here once that Keith Harris was involved with arranging a buyer for the club
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!