Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Only twelve hours to the start of meltdown Monday.
  • Redskin said:
    His decision not to push to boat out and get Aribo signed up when he could has cost him millions. Note, him and not us! He is thick and mad - there can be no doubt about that and we need to do more to expose the fact. It really doesn't matter to us because he would have kept whatever we got for Aribo. I am sad because it is a poor football move for the lad, but I am not sad Duchatelet has cost himself loads of money. He is a figure of ridicule and fun. It is like listening to the village idiot when he speaks and it may never be repeated anywhere in the world that St Truiden's Village Idiot is probably its richest citizen!  
    He is neither of these things. He is simply inept at running football clubs.
    I have to disagree there. His actions suggest somebody who is not the full ticket. That is not hard to work out after hearing him speak, reading is weird perspective on things and his stupidity at not biting the first person to offer him £30 million's hand off!
  • I'm with @MuttleyCAFC on this. I think RD does want to sell, but only at his price which (as someone posted esrlier) includes all the debt, sell on's for players & money when we reach the Premier League. When prospective buyers finally hear / see this then they quite rightly walk away.

I'm the meantime he thinks that he can get away with the bare bones of a squad & that as long as CAFC fulfil their fixtures (by not going bust) then he hasn't fallen foul of the EFL. 

The EFL are as much to blame in this respect. They should have stringent rules in place around having a CEO, CFO & a proper management team....instead of letting a club flounder rudderless with the chief scout doing all the player acquisitions..!! Also that a club should replace leaving players on a 1 for 1 basis (by the start of August) &  no club should be allowed to offload players for a fee without putting a certain % back into the club for new recruits. Draconian maybe but atm there 7doesnt appear to be anything against an owner selling all the best players, pocketing the money & making his manager bring in far lesser players for no fees & on a lesser wage than the outgoing players. 

As to what we can do about it. Not everyone can make a trip to Belgium  & by far the biggest gathering of fans is on a match day. I'm all for ramping up the protests & as I've said before the only thing that worries the EFL is non fulfilment of a fixture....and that is not done by throwing a few plastic pigs  but by sabotaging the pitch and/or the ground. I dont want to go into what I would do as this is not the forum for that. But fox hunting  was not banned by protesters throwing plastic pigs at huntsman..!!!!

Finally. The one person we can get at is Richard Murray. He needs to be brought to account. We all know that RD & to a lesser extent  LdT dont give a toss.....but RM does. He wants to keep his seat at the table & is doing his level best to stay there. Time for him to feel the heat too. 
    The problem with rules from the EFL that you suggest would cause more problems than they would solve imo.   If you take out players wages, transfer fees and central payments, the rest is relatively small sums and volume.  Any other business wouldn't have a ceo, coo, cfo etc etc for a business that size, they would probably have an owner chairman.

1 in 1 out wouldn't work either as how do clubs relagated from the premier league reduce the size of their squad for example?  As for having to invest a % received back in, how many times have the likes of Charlton been literally saved by flogging a player?

The EFL can solve this by enforcing proper ffs and sustainability rules so clubs aren't at the mercy of billionaires who loose interest.  At present the efl can't even enforce its own fit and proper test because they risk clubs going to the wall if they don't let it through. 
  • Are we in agreement that the complete silence on the takeover front is because the parties have all realised he completely crackers and not serious about selling or is there some deal being put together low key?! @nth london addick 🙏🏻?
  • Anyone else heard that Dalman has made a fresh move? Don’t know any details.
  • edited July 2019
    Are we in agreement that the complete silence on the takeover front is because the parties have all realised he completely crackers and not serious about selling or is there some deal being put together low key?! @nth london addick 🙏🏻?
    There's not been "complete silence". We know we have "Meltdown Monday" to look forward to. 

That will be exciting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard Madely better up his offer then
  • JamesSeed said:
    Anyone else heard that Dalman has made a fresh move? Don’t know any details.
    I’m asking that Paul geeza on twitter now.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Read something on the dark side about this.
    But wasn't sure if it was new bid or reminding Roland of his take it or leave it bid
  • JamesSeed said:
    Sounds like it could be a crucial 10 days coming up.
    Every day is crucial 😊
  • edited July 2019
    The only news that should interest us is anything that gives us an indication that Duchatelet has decided to be realistic in terms of the price. Without this, it really doesn't matter if Dalman is having another go at it or anybody else for that matter. It will still fail in the same way!
  • been told that muir is now talking to the ex directors - nla may be able to verify that and if he does i'll believe it - if he doesn't, i'll treat it as another load of old tosh - why on earth didn't he start talking to them a year ago??? absolute nonsense
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    DOUCHER said:
    been told that muir is now talking to the ex directors - nla may be able to verify that and if he does i'll believe it - if he doesn't, i'll treat it as another load of old tosh - why on earth didn't he start talking to them a year ago??? absolute nonsense
    Because it’s Roland’s debt to sort, not muir’s
    i know that but if that is the stumbling block i'm guessing it was a year ago - anyway, the aussies in my opinion are a fabrication with regards to being a serious potential owner 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Sounds like it could be a crucial 10 days coming up.
    How many more  “crucial 10 days coming up” scenarios can we take?
  • DOUCHER said:
    been told that muir is now talking to the ex directors - nla may be able to verify that and if he does i'll believe it - if he doesn't, i'll treat it as another load of old tosh - why on earth didn't he start talking to them a year ago??? absolute nonsense
    Who told you?  
  • Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Who told you?  
    lets just say it came from the club 
  • To get you in the mood for tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHP6f6MQ_sA
  • Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Who told you?  
    No, let's just say who.
    Lady on the chip counter 
  • Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Who told you?  
    No, let's just say who.
    Colin?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!