Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    joeaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    I think there’s serious interest and has been for a while from various potential owners. The issue is Roland hasn’t seriously been interested in selling for a deal any potential owner can agree with.
    That works both ways, maybe the right owner hasn't turned up yet..?
    He’s been trying to sell for over two years. The Aussies were first linked with us in April 2017.

If buyers keeps walking away or just continue to wait doesn’t that tell you the seller is the problem?
    That's what he's led everybody to believe...The type of buyer that wants a real go at getting to the PL will need serious money, and not just at the initial 'buying the Club' stage.
  • razil said:
    Just speculating but we have just under 4 weeks until the 8th August when the window closes.

Don't think anyone who’s serious would buy us with little or no time to complete a fair amount of business depending on what the teams looking like by then, so 2 weeks (aargh!) is probably an acceptable amount of time before the guy from # flies in and for others to indulge in brinkmanship.. sooner would be better though.

As above for me any sale would need to complete this week to allow for any business to be completed before the window, if not then it’s December, and so on...
  • 1939 - You know the rest
  • Isn’t it @PragueAddick turn for revelations today too?
  • 1939, The UK declares war on Germany.
  • I think Dalman, Mr. Bexley, Gerard Murphy, Andrew Muir and Fawaz should get together for a super consortium bid of sorts. A bit like the Power Rangers.

They can morph together (GM can be the pink ranger) to stop the evil Lord Roland in his tracks.
    Feel like that would negatively impact my cherished childhood memories of the pink ranger
  • Solidgone said:
    Isn’t it @PragueAddick turn for revelations today too?
    I suspect Revelations might be right. 

(That is the one biblical joke I am allowing myself on this thread). 
  • Sponsored links:

• "I think I could own this club for ever"

Roland Duchatelet or Mike Ashley ?

• @Chizz, To your point about @DOUCHER being fed false info. Could the source be RM? And perhaps he is the only one contacted thus far? So the other former directors have yet to be contacted? Could be why Bob W has said what he has. Could also explain @DOUCHER's source being the club. 
  • If I was the say the next five days might be....

Aw, forget it!

[PS This is not a tease...I don’t have any info.]
  • 1939, Hollywood's greatest year: Gone with the Wind, The Wizard of Oz, Mr Smith Goes to Washington, Stagecoach, Wuthering Heights, Goodbye Mr Chips, Intermezzo, Dark Victory, Ninotchka, The Hunchback of Notre Dame...and more.
  • "lie through the back teath" to get people nicked !!! remove pages and pages of threads-----remove parts of comments,give it to a tame plod ----try to fuck peoples lives up. Planting absolute shit on here is small beer against what some "employees" have already done.

i have no doubt that its been done and IS being done

• Scoham said:
    joeaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    joeaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    I think there’s serious interest and has been for a while from various potential owners. The issue is Roland hasn’t seriously been interested in selling for a deal any potential owner can agree with.
    That works both ways, maybe the right owner hasn't turned up yet..?
    He’s been trying to sell for over two years. The Aussies were first linked with us in April 2017.

If buyers keeps walking away or just continue to wait doesn’t that tell you the seller is the problem?
    That's what he's led everybody to believe...The type of buyer that wants a real go at getting to the PL will need serious money, and not just at the initial 'buying the Club' stage.
    So you’re saying all these buyers that have been interested have no idea how much it takes to fund a Championship club?

Somehow they’ve all missed the fact that the majority of Championship clubs lose tens of millions every season?
    Yet so many comments on here just make it all about RD's asking price...It's going to cost a truly 'serious' buyer some 'serious' cash...Another irony is the running costs comments on here. Are they supposed to scare RD off..? Maybe they're scaring buyers off as well...
  •  Come on @PragueAddick Drop the bombshell. I’ve got you down for a 12:05pm announcement in the office sweepstake ... 
  • Sponsored links:

• A while back I was given two absolutely ridiculous pieces of info by a well known club employee.....so ridiculous in fact that I immediately answered him with the words....”Oh I’m not having that.” He sort of looked away feeling slightly awkward by my reply and knowing full well I knew he was talking utter bollox.
    To my dying day, I will never know why he thought I, or anyone else come to that, would be stupid enough to believe him for one moment. I can only think he was setting me up in some way?
    It just goes to show that there are employees within the club who are prepared to lie through their back teeth in order to spread malicious rumours.
    I’d love to tell all of you you what he said but I’ve an idea he may read CL and in doing so would immediately know who I am.....now isn’t the right time for me to say more. 
    Rest assured, one day, when the time is right, I will tell the tale in full as it’s the most bizarre conversation I have ever had surrounding the club.
    A long serving employee of the club shop likes to churn out takeover nonsense. I have no idea what their name is, but many on here will know this person..
  • razil said:
    razil said:
    Just speculating but we have just under 4 weeks until the 8th August when the window closes.

Don't think anyone who’s serious would buy us with little or no time to complete a fair amount of business depending on what the teams looking like by then, so 2 weeks (aargh!) is probably an acceptable amount of time before the guy from # flies in and for others to indulge in brinkmanship.. sooner would be better though.

As above for me any sale would need to complete this week to allow for any business to be completed before the window, if not then it’s December, and so on...

So looks like we might have to wait until we all get out preferred Christmas present!
  • 1939, Hollywood's greatest year: Gone with the Wind, The Wizard of Oz, Mr Smith Goes to Washington, Stagecoach, Wuthering Heights, Goodbye Mr Chips, Intermezzo, Dark Victory, Ninotchka, The Hunchback of Notre Dame...and more.

Meanwhile, back in the real world we (and the Empire) were girding our loins ready to take on Adolf.
  • Genuinely thought we'd get sold this summer - can't all be down to RD? Is there some massive hidden secret?
  • edited July 2019
    We know bids have come in around the £30m mark so we ought to know by now it is down to RD wanting more than that. 
  • We know bids have come in around the £30m mark so we ought to know by now it is down to RD wanting more than that. 
    If buyers were that keen to buy and RD to sell then a deal would have been done. Can't see it happening any time soon.

• addick05 said:
    1939, Hollywood's greatest year: Gone with the Wind, The Wizard of Oz, Mr Smith Goes to Washington, Stagecoach, Wuthering Heights, Goodbye Mr Chips, Intermezzo, Dark Victory, Ninotchka, The Hunchback of Notre Dame...and more.

Meanwhile, back in the real world we (and the Empire) were girding our loins ready to take on Adolf.
    Meanwhile, Tom was girding his loins to take on Jerry in their first cartoon a year later.
  • We know bids have come in around the £30m mark so we ought to know by now it is down to RD wanting more than that. 
    If buyers were that keen to buy and RD to sell then a deal would have been done. Can't see it happening any time soon.

Of course. Buyers clearly are keen to buy - we know of a fair number of interest and bids, but we also know that nobody is going to buy at any price. Roland says he is keen to sell, but we know he won't sell at £30m, or at least he hasn't yet and he could have. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes or Columbo to work out that Roland's words about being keen to sell are hollow ones. I mean £30m is significantly more than he paid for the club and he hasn't exactly done anything to enhance its value since then! £30m is bloody generous and why we should be looking for complications and secrets here or there, when it seems pretty obvious, the mad idiot wants more than the reasonable price potential buyers are prepared to pay.

Looking forward to Prague's revelations today. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!