Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I'm not going use the quote facility as that got me into bother last time :) , but on my visit to SE9 things were said to me about my work that can only have been found on here. So someone is/was definitely recycling comments/posts.

• We know bids have come in around the £30m mark so we ought to know by now it is down to RD wanting more than that. 
    If buyers were that keen to buy and RD to sell then a deal would have been done. Can't see it happening any time soon.

Of course. Buyers clearly are keen to buy - we know of a fair number of interest and bids, but we also know that nobody is going to buy at any price. Roland says he is keen to sell, but we know he won't sell at £30m, or at least he hasn't yet and he could have. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes or Columbo to work out that Roland's words about being keen to sell are hollow ones. I mean £30m is significantly more than he paid for the club and he hasn't exactly done anything to enhance its value since then! £30m is bloody generous and why we should be looking for complications and secrets here or there, when it seems pretty obvious, the mad idiot wants more than the reasonable price potential buyers are prepared to pay.

Looking forward to Prague's revelations today. 
    Realistically what are we worth and how much in excess of that is he asking? I continue to find it incredible that a man of his wealth won't shift on the price to get rid of something that he doesn't want and that he's losing money on.

• We know bids have come in around the £30m mark so we ought to know by now it is down to RD wanting more than that. 
    If buyers were that keen to buy and RD to sell then a deal would have been done. Can't see it happening any time soon.

Of course. Buyers clearly are keen to buy - we know of a fair number of interest and bids, but we also know that nobody is going to buy at any price. Roland says he is keen to sell, but we know he won't sell at £30m, or at least he hasn't yet and he could have. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes or Columbo to work out that Roland's words about being keen to sell are hollow ones. I mean £30m is significantly more than he paid for the club and he hasn't exactly done anything to enhance its value since then! £30m is bloody generous and why we should be looking for complications and secrets here or there, when it seems pretty obvious, the mad idiot wants more than the reasonable price potential buyers are prepared to pay.

Looking forward to Prague's revelations today. 
    Realistically what are we worth and how much in excess of that is he asking? I continue to find it incredible that a man of his wealth won't shift on the price to get rid of something that he doesn't want and that he's losing money on.

This is the conundrum. The 64 million dollar question ? And if 64 million pound is an answer then we are waiting for Roderick Duchatelet to step into Roland's duct taped shoes. 

Welcome to meltdown Monday.
  • It's gone fairly quiet from social media guys and girls at CAFC based on the rest of the pre season output. 
  • edited July 2019
    We know he has not accepted at least two £30m bids. Does anybody on here think £30m is cheeky? I think £30m is generous and therefore it is ridiculous for him to publicly claim he is desperate to sell the club. We know he is a liar so maybe we shouldn't be too surprised by it however. How much he wants is harder to know as the price seems to vary depending on who you are and when you ask?
  • It’s not happening. 
    He’ll still be here at the start of the season & Bowyer will only get the bare minimum to get through. 
    Good luck Gaffer, you’re going to need it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Heard from non GM contact: 

‘Sounds like the Aussies WILL NOT be buying the club this week’.

Something to do with needing an extra investor (having just lost a Chinese one) to cover this extra historic debt. 

...’so it’s over to the Europeans and Dalman’. 
    Thanks for the update. Surely this historic debt is Roland's responsibility?
  • It’s not happening. 
    He’ll still be here at the start of the season & Bowyer will only get the bare minimum to get through. 

Deja vue

• It’s not happening. 

Deja vue

Groundhog Day more like!
    Dare we dream for the same outcome?
    Lol 
  • Thats that then,if the Aussies arent buying us,the europeans have pulled out and dalman has walked away then we're stuck with the yellow toothed butt nugget. Fanbloodytastic🤬🤬
  • @Chizz, To your point about @DOUCHER being fed false info. Could the source be RM? And perhaps he is the only one contacted thus far? So the other former directors have yet to be contacted? Could be why Bob W has said what he has. Could also explain @DOUCHER's source being the club. 
    I don't know. Perhaps Doucher would like to share that information.  It would certainly prevent a certain amount of speculation. 
  • PopIcon said:
    A while back I was given two absolutely ridiculous pieces of info by a well known club employee.....so ridiculous in fact that I immediately answered him with the words....”Oh I’m not having that.” He sort of looked away feeling slightly awkward by my reply and knowing full well I knew he was talking utter bollox.
    To my dying day, I will never know why he thought I, or anyone else come to that, would be stupid enough to believe him for one moment. I can only think he was setting me up in some way?
    It just goes to show that there are employees within the club who are prepared to lie through their back teeth in order to spread malicious rumours.
    I’d love to tell all of you you what he said but I’ve an idea he may read CL and in doing so would immediately know who I am.....now isn’t the right time for me to say more. 
    Rest assured, one day, when the time is right, I will tell the tale in full as it’s the most bizarre conversation I have ever had surrounding the club.
    A long serving employee of the club shop likes to churn out takeover nonsense. I have no idea what their name is, but many on here will know this person..
    It wasn’t him Pop.
  • PopIcon said:
    A while back I was given two absolutely ridiculous pieces of info by a well known club employee.....so ridiculous in fact that I immediately answered him with the words....”Oh I’m not having that.” He sort of looked away feeling slightly awkward by my reply and knowing full well I knew he was talking utter bollox.
    To my dying day, I will never know why he thought I, or anyone else come to that, would be stupid enough to believe him for one moment. I can only think he was setting me up in some way?
    It just goes to show that there are employees within the club who are prepared to lie through their back teeth in order to spread malicious rumours.
    I’d love to tell all of you you what he said but I’ve an idea he may read CL and in doing so would immediately know who I am.....now isn’t the right time for me to say more. 
    Rest assured, one day, when the time is right, I will tell the tale in full as it’s the most bizarre conversation I have ever had surrounding the club.
    A long serving employee of the club shop likes to churn out takeover nonsense. I have no idea what their name is, but many on here will know this person..
    He's the one who takes the calls to send a couple of scarves up to the boardroom on the morning of a matchday
  • JamesSeed said:

Something to do with needing an extra investor (having just lost a Chinese one) to cover this extra historic debt. 

Ha ha. Love that.

It's like they're trying to get their hands on a Honda civic they've seen on Autotrader!
  • Sponsored links:

• Websites down again.
  • (I never thought he had the dough anyway.  And he still hasn't lodged his papers with the EFL). 
  • Websites down again.
    They've replenished the scarves in the online boutique 
  • cabbles said:
    JamesSeed said:

I'm 100% in the 'RD is a lunatic owner therefore trying to buy something from him is probably ridiculously complex camp', but I think from what I've picked up on here as well, the Aussies' approach and bids are becoming a bit farcical as well.  Sounds like there's too many moving parts at their end
    Moving every way except forward
  • edited July 2019
    cabbles said:
    JamesSeed said:

I'm 100% in the 'RD is a lunatic owner therefore trying to buy something from him is probably ridiculously complex camp', but I think from what I've picked up on here as well, the Aussies' approach and bids are becoming a bit farcical as well.  Sounds like there's too many moving parts at their end
    Yeah, we all hope for a Roman Abramovic, with super deep pockets to appear out of nowhere, but the reality is many, many potential buyers have been driven away, and I think the majority aren’t single investors. Seems  odd to single out the ones who have tried the hardest to deal with the lunatic who owns our club. I’m amazed any of their investors have stuck with it if I’m honest. But I’d still rather they did, than didn’t. The argument that they’re putting off other potential bidders doesn’t hold water. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Not sure why that gets any lols?

I’m imagining investors are limiting their exposure, so they’ve set a cap. So when the asking price goes up, for whatever reason, extra investors are required. For some reason, they don’t seem to be queueing up to invest in Charlton at the moment. Agents are laughing at Bowyer, and investors are laughing at Roland

Aussies love an exposure cap - something to do with all that sunshine
  • DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Not sure why that gets any lols?

I’m imagining investors are limiting their exposure, so they’ve set a cap. So when the asking price goes up, for whatever reason, extra investors are required. For some reason, they don’t seem to be queueing up to invest in Charlton at the moment. Agents are laughing at Bowyer, and investors are laughing at Roland

Aussies love an exposure cap - something to do with all that sunshine
    Don't tell me they want a free cap each to wear in the stand next time ffs
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!