Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• So the Monday Meltdown is happening!!
  • Threatening Thursday will be awesome!
  • JamesSeed said:
    Threatening Thursday will be awesome!
    We'll all meet up in the Macro car park for that!
  • Then Scarf Saturday is upon us
  • We know he has not accepted at least two £30m bids. Does anybody on here think £30m is cheeky? I think £30m is generous and therefore it is ridiculous for him to publicly claim he is desperate to sell the club. We know he is a liar so maybe we shouldn't be too surprised by it however. How much he wants is harder to know as the price seems to vary depending on who you are and when you ask?
    Put in 40m and be done with it. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    We know he has not accepted at least two £30m bids. Does anybody on here think £30m is cheeky? I think £30m is generous and therefore it is ridiculous for him to publicly claim he is desperate to sell the club. We know he is a liar so maybe we shouldn't be too surprised by it however. How much he wants is harder to know as the price seems to vary depending on who you are and when you ask?
    Put in 40m and be done with it. 
    He won't accept £40m either by all accounts :)
  • Put in £77m as Napa said and be done with it.
    What happened to Friday? 

Feckless Friday. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Put in £77m as Napa said and be done with it.
    Can we go halves?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Make it a round £80m
  • Sold to that man!
  • edited July 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Make it a round £80m
    Deal. The club is Big Rob's, by decree of internet forum sale of agreement. 

Any attempt to abandon this deal will be seen as ungentlemanly conduct. 

UNGENTLEMANLY SIR.

• Can I pay £50 a month
  • edited July 2019
    You are way too sensitive about fans getting sick of the Aussies JS

Stop taking it so personally. For example, I think they are useless and skint and need to leave it now, but I am not calling you useless, or skint etc etc

I might be useless and skint, but I’m not etc etc! How dare you!
  • edited July 2019
    Can I pay £50 a month
    Only if you agree to re-sell within a week to the richest seeming investor you can find that will not be another Roland.
    The Aussies will love that 
  • The Aussies lose consortium members quicker than RD sells players. Fucking what hope do we have!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Make it a round £80m

UNGENTLEMANLY SIR.

Do we get a wafer with that...?
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Make it a round £80m

UNGENTLEMANLY SIR.

Do we get a wafer with that...?
    You can have a club, a training ground and stadium, a wafer, an ice cream and a cheeky handjob from Gemma behind the bike sheds for that price.
  • edited July 2019
    Personally I don't want a consortium at the club Aussies or not, consortiums are pulled together because one person outright can't afford to do the deal themself or isn't willing to even if they do have the money.

The other problem with consortiums as is being reported are investors who then want out of the consortium what happens then? Would they retain all funds from the sale of a player to cover there costs like RD is doing? And also how would decisions be carried out if nobody had outright control? Sometimes you can have too many decision makers.

I so wanted to LOL James Seed's earlier post when he said another investor has walked away but I didn't out of respect because he only passed on what he was told even if I did laugh when reading his post. It just confirmed that a consortium is not for me Aussies or not, would rather an individual like Dalman buying us.
  • Personally I don't want a consortium at the club Aussies or not, consortiums are pulled together because one person outright can't afford to do the deal themself or isn't willing to even if they do have the money.

The other problem with consortiums as is being reported are investors who then want out of the consortium what happens then? Would they retain all funds from the sale of a player to cover there costs like RD is doing? And also how would decisions be carried out if nobody had outright control? Sometimes you can have too many decision makers.

I so wanted to LOL James Seed's earlier post when he said another investor has walked away but I didn't out of respect because he only passed on what he was told even if I did laugh when reading his post. It just confirmed that a consortium is not for me Aussies or not, would rather an individual like Dalman buying us.
    Consortium or Roland?

I get your point, but this is not a better the devil you know scenario as Roland is just increasing our price week on week.
  • edited July 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Personally I don't want a consortium at the club Aussies or not, consortiums are pulled together because one person outright can't afford to do the deal themself or isn't willing to even if they do have the money.

Consortium or Roland?

I get your point, but this is not a better the devil you know scenario as Roland is just increasing our price week on week.
    If a consortium could raise enough cash for a 3-5 year plan with a guarantee of no further investment required then I'd take my chances with a consortium over Roland any day.

But we come back to the money, if it's not there I'd rather wait a bit longer for someone with secure money to buy the club. At least however bad Roland is the money is there and administration isn't going to happen, something I fear could well be a threat with a consortium.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Consortium or Roland?

If a consortium could raise enough cash for a 3-5 year plan with a guarantee of no further investment required then I'd take my chances with a consortium over Roland any day.

But we come back to the money, if it's not there I'd rather wait a bit longer for someone with secure money to buy the club. At least however bad Roland is the money is there and administration isn't going to happen, something I fear could well be a threat with a consortium.
    But the price keeps going up. The deluded fool believes he'll make his money back!
  • Bit concerned now. We have not see NLA or Prague for ages. Have they been hijacked?
  • edited July 2019
    Happyvalley is late and we are too far invested to not do this now so I'll add one. 

1942: Then Princess and future Queen of the United Kingdom, Princess Elizabeth  registers for war service. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!