Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Like Jon Snow and Manuel. Prague knows nothing
  • cafc1263 said:
    Why are we waiting for Prague , he told everyone that a deal was off so may be he has no more news to give yet. So may be everyone should give people a break on here or they won’t post what they hear anymore .
    We all want the same thing a Rat free club .
    Actually, he said he had "meltdown" news.

Then he went mute.
  • joeaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    joeaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    joeaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    I think there’s serious interest and has been for a while from various potential owners. The issue is Roland hasn’t seriously been interested in selling for a deal any potential owner can agree with.
    That works both ways, maybe the right owner hasn't turned up yet..?
    He’s been trying to sell for over two years. The Aussies were first linked with us in April 2017.

If buyers keeps walking away or just continue to wait doesn’t that tell you the seller is the problem?
    That's what he's led everybody to believe...The type of buyer that wants a real go at getting to the PL will need serious money, and not just at the initial 'buying the Club' stage.
    So you’re saying all these buyers that have been interested have no idea how much it takes to fund a Championship club?

Somehow they’ve all missed the fact that the majority of Championship clubs lose tens of millions every season?
    Yet so many comments on here just make it all about RD's asking price...It's going to cost a truly 'serious' buyer some 'serious' cash...Another irony is the running costs comments on here. Are they supposed to scare RD off..? Maybe they're scaring buyers off as well...
    You think Dalman, for example, the chairman of Cardiff City, is unaware of or scared off by the operating costs of running a Championship club?
    So do you know everything about his financial clout..? Ultimately he ain't bought the Club yet, same as the all the other 'serious' buyers we've supposedly had.
  • Off_it said:
    Actually, I've heard something too. This news is potentially earth shattering.

But I cant tell you as I'm not sure you could all cope.

So I will keep it to myself.

• edited July 2019
    1943, a bomb kills 38 children & 6 teachers when it lands on Sandhurst Road School in Catford.
    And I believe some of the eye-witness accounts state that the pilot waved at the kids as he flew over, a split second before dropping the bomb. The bastard.

Edit: I now see this has already been posted. Which at least gives me some comfort that i'm not losing my mind!
  • Personally I don't want a consortium at the club Aussies or not, consortiums are pulled together because one person outright can't afford to do the deal themself or isn't willing to even if they do have the money.

The other problem with consortiums as is being reported are investors who then want out of the consortium what happens then? Would they retain all funds from the sale of a player to cover there costs like RD is doing? And also how would decisions be carried out if nobody had outright control? Sometimes you can have too many decision makers.

I so wanted to LOL James Seed's earlier post when he said another investor has walked away but I didn't out of respect because he only passed on what he was told even if I did laugh when reading his post. It just confirmed that a consortium is not for me Aussies or not, would rather an individual like Dalman buying us.
    The FTSE 100 and the FTSE250 comprise most of the biggest, most successful companies that have ever existed in the UK.  Do you know how many of them are owned by one person outright who can afford to do so alone, as opposed to having several owners?  (I'll give you a clue: it's not very many). 

Spreading the cost among a wide ownership base is demonstrably the best means of establishing stability.  Some companies are able to run well with a single, wealthy owner in charge.  But there's nothing about Charlton Athletic this century that suggests that is likely to be the case here.  
  • joeaddick said:
    joeaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    joeaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    joeaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    I think there’s serious interest and has been for a while from various potential owners. The issue is Roland hasn’t seriously been interested in selling for a deal any potential owner can agree with.
    He’s been trying to sell for over two years. The Aussies were first linked with us in April 2017.

If buyers keeps walking away or just continue to wait doesn’t that tell you the seller is the problem?
    That's what he's led everybody to believe...The type of buyer that wants a real go at getting to the PL will need serious money, and not just at the initial 'buying the Club' stage.
    So you’re saying all these buyers that have been interested have no idea how much it takes to fund a Championship club?

Somehow they’ve all missed the fact that the majority of Championship clubs lose tens of millions every season?
    Yet so many comments on here just make it all about RD's asking price...It's going to cost a truly 'serious' buyer some 'serious' cash...Another irony is the running costs comments on here. Are they supposed to scare RD off..? Maybe they're scaring buyers off as well...
    You think Dalman, for example, the chairman of Cardiff City, is unaware of or scared off by the operating costs of running a Championship club?
    So do you know everything about his financial clout..? Ultimately he ain't bought the Club yet, same as the all the other 'serious' buyers we've supposedly had.
    That’s irrelevant, the point is he’s been chairman of a Championship club for years so will be fully aware tens of millions a season is needed, and hundreds of millions if it’s a long term thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc1263 said:
    Why are we waiting for Prague , he told everyone that a deal was off so may be he has no more news to give yet. So may be everyone should give people a break on here or they won’t post what they hear anymore .

We are just teasing him mate.
    Yes we know he said it was off but he was going to see if he could find out more.  I am sure he can take the teasing. 
  • Off_it said:
    cafc1263 said:
    Actually, he said he had "meltdown" news.

Then he went mute.

He is probably in his own meltdown. 
  • 1944, a V-2 rocket kills 168 people when it hits the New Cross branch of Woolworth's.
  • Off_it said:
    Actually, I've heard something too. This news is potentially earth shattering.

But I cant tell you as I'm not sure you could all cope.

So I will keep it to myself.
    Thanks @Off_it taking one for the team kinda thing. 
  • 1943, a bomb kills 38 children & 6 teachers when it lands on Sandhurst Road School in Catford.
    20th of January 1943..... 29 year old Hauptmann Heinz Schumann was the name of the pilot flying a Focke-Wulf armed with a single 500 lb bomb.......some planes came back and machine gunned the playground. Initially he had made a reconnaissance pass and had waved at the children who were on their lunch break, so it was likely he knew full well what the target was.
    He was killed in action 10 months later.....legend has it that he was shot down by his own colleagues who were disgusted at his actions, though this has never been verified.
    The raid was requested as a revenge attack by none other than Hitler himself, following several similar ‘terror style’ raids on Berlin a short while earlier.
    7000 people attended a funeral in Hither Green Cemetery (Verdant Lane), where 31 children and 1 teacher were buried in a mass grave.
    I apologise for taking the thread way off subject.
    Never knew that, but glad I do now. Cheers
  • edited July 2019
    Scoham said:
    joeaddick said:
    joeaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    joeaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    joeaddick said:
    Scoham said:

That’s irrelevant, the point is he’s been chairman of a Championship club for years so will be fully aware tens of millions a season is needed, and hundreds of millions if it’s a long term thing.
    I'm sure he's aware of the tens of millions a season that's needed, and the hundreds of millions if it’s a long term thing, but he ain't got his feet under the table, so maybe all that's irrelevant...
  • seth plum said:
    It is very close to where I live is Sandhurst School. It is a well known and terribly sad part of local history, along with the train crash in 1967, which itself followed a terrible train crash in Lewisham in 1957.
    Daddy dearest missed the 1957 train on the way back home to Eltham during National Service. And there by the grace of God and/or circumstance go i...
    Might have been with my mum, she has always said she missed the train due to working late. I’m not so sure now.
  • 1943, a bomb kills 38 children & 6 teachers when it lands on Sandhurst Road School in Catford.
    I went there
  • Sponsored links:

• 1944, a V-2 rocket kills 168 people when it hits the New Cross branch of Woolworth's.
    My dad's girlfriend was killed in that attack.  She is buried in Dover in a cemetery off Old Charlton Road.
  • seth plum said:
    It is very close to where I live is Sandhurst School. It is a well known and terribly sad part of local history, along with the train crash in 1967, which itself followed a terrible train crash in Lewisham in 1957.
    Daddy dearest missed the 1957 train on the way back home to Eltham during National Service. And there by the grace of God and/or circumstance go i...
    Might have been with my mum, she has always said she missed the train due to working late. I’m not so sure now.
    Oy oy 
    Brothers. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Heard from non GM contact: 

‘Sounds like the Aussies WILL NOT be buying the club this week’.

Something to do with needing an extra investor (having just lost a Chinese one) to cover this extra historic debt. 

...’so it’s over to the Europeans and Dalman’. 
    Not sure why that gets any lols?

I’m imagining investors are limiting their exposure, so they’ve set a cap. So when the asking price goes up, for whatever reason, extra investors are required. For some reason, they don’t seem to be queueing up to invest in Charlton at the moment. Agents are laughing at Bowyer, and investors are laughing at Roland
    And therein lies the root of your problem on here.
  • Stilton Smeg
  • As you were.
  • Thanks for the update anyway, @PragueAddick
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!