Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Meltdown downgraded from #DoneDeal to #imminent 
  • So, the European deal is not moving forward. Discussions have been halted.

That is the only verifiable fact that I have.

As for my comment last week which seems to have wound up a certain accountant, that comment was

Had a further message, which I had better leave until Monday to get further verified, because it is meltdown material.

Well it has not been verified. The buyer and the intermediary have not spoken in detail since the meeting, and the intermediary is now on holiday with his wife who has recently been very ill, and they need the break. There is also a second British adviser involved who was the source of the comment that was very concerning last week but it now seems  that neither he nor the intermediary were actually in the meeting between the buyer and RD's people. Until the intermediary speaks with the buyer at length, he's not able to tell me (assuming he wants to) what exactly was the reason for the breakdown. It also occurred to me that they might on reflection not be open about the reason in case they infringe an NDA.

But patently this is not happening before the transfer window. Apart from anything else there is no Heads of Agreement reached so they can't go to the EFL.

Massively pissed off all round.
    Thanks @PragueAddick for the update, despite it being bad news, again!! I think there will be no takeover this side of Christmas, if at all this season. RD will be the owner and LB will have to perform miracles on a shoestring budget. Next fans forum needs to really make LVT squirm and tell the bloody truth!!
  • Just catching up on Meltdown Bollocks Monday. Couple of things.

1. The comments about not wanting a consortium because there would be too many people making decisions is wide of the mark. A consortium of owners would appoint a Board to agree strategy, governance and financial goals. The Board would appoint a CEO and executive team to run the organisation and deliver against these. Owners would no doubt be involved in agreeing/approving the Board's recommendations but day to day, month to month decisions would be delegated.

2. I appreciate JS's updates but I do understand people's scepticism about the Aussies. Take the latest snippet - they have lost an investor and need a new one to meet the demand to pay for historic debt. That implies that they have accepted RD's latest demands despite not having the level of investment needed to complete the purchase and fund the club before this latest demand was made. That is what makes RD believe that the price he is asking for will be met, if he waits for them long enough, and why he fails to engage seriously with more credible buyers who have clearly drawn a line on price that they will not cross. 
  • Oh bollox 
  • And a consortium should provide some protection from being at the mercy of the whims of a madman
  • I am going for tits up Tuesday 
  • edited July 2019
    So, the European deal is not moving forward. Discussions have been halted.

That is the only verifiable fact that I have.

As for my comment last week which seems to have wound up a certain accountant, that comment was

Had a further message, which I had better leave until Monday to get further verified, because it is meltdown material.

Well it has not been verified. The buyer and the intermediary have not spoken in detail since the meeting, and the intermediary is now on holiday with his wife who has recently been very ill, and they need the break. There is also a second British adviser involved who was the source of the comment that was very concerning last week but it now seems  that neither he nor the intermediary were actually in the meeting between the buyer and RD's people. Until the intermediary speaks with the buyer at length, he's not able to tell me (assuming he wants to) what exactly was the reason for the breakdown. It also occurred to me that they might on reflection not be open about the reason in case they infringe an NDA.

But patently this is not happening before the transfer window. Apart from anything else there is no Heads of Agreement reached so they can't go to the EFL.

Massively pissed off all round.
    Thanks @PragueAddick for the update, despite it being bad news, again!! I think there will be no takeover this side of Christmas, if at all this season. RD will be the owner and LB will have to perform miracles on a shoestring budget. Next fans forum needs to really make LVT squirm and tell the bloody truth!!
    Well we were promised a ff takeover specific meeting before the season starts if the takeover hadn’t taken place.

• So that was meltdown Monday. We can now look forward to the next deadline. A takeover update from the club before the season starts.

TR said that there will be another takeover update before the start of the season if there has been no takeover

https://www.cafc.co.uk/uploads/2091aacdaf8a595f029888b5b2896ff2
  • Sponsored links:

• Woeful Wednesday...
  • edited July 2019
    Copied from the minutes-:
    TR said that there will be another takeover update before the start of the season if there has been no takeover
    • Provisional date for next full meeting: Wednesday, September 25th

So this fans forum on the takeover has to happen this week!!

What excuse will they make for not abiding by their own statements. They must have known last week the takeover was not happening, anyone had an invite yet to a Takeover fans forum meeting.............No!! well what a surprise!!

• CAFCDAZ said:
    enough is enough, fuck all this sitting back we need to give this cnut a reaction. Pussyfooting and doing nothing is allowing this asshole to do as he wishes. Our club is not a fucking toy for this mega rich prick. 

We need to force him out by hook or by crook
    Agreed - no ifs, no buts.

I'm right with behind you.
  • Cheers Prague 
  • Groundhog Day.
  • cafc-west said:
    Woeful Wednesday...
    Thankless Thursday - can't think of one for Friday F? F?
  • Sponsored links:

• Fruitless Friday.
    Sod all Saturday.
  • lolwray said:
    I am going for tits up Tuesday 
    What happened to the Tacos?
  • The only way I see us getting Roland to sell up is if we go back to Belgium with Standard Liege levels of protesting. It’s the only thing that gets to him. 
    What does "Standard Liege levels of protesting" mean?
  • The only way I see us getting Roland to sell up is if we go back to Belgium with Standard Liege levels of protesting. It’s the only thing that gets to him. 
    @ElliotCAFC @ElliotCAFC

Go for it, get yourselves over to Belgium and protest.
    I have no idea why so many people genuinely believe this, I really don’t 
    Because it’s all we’ve got mate. We either do something or just sit here and watch it burn
    @ElliotCAFC @ElliotCAFC

Going alone is futile. I’m not saying it’ll work, I’m just saying that it might be better than doing nothing 
  • Copied from the minutes-:
    • Provisional date for next full meeting: Wednesday, September 25th

So this fans forum on the takeover has to happen this week!!

What excuse will they make for not abiding by their own statements. They must have known last week the takeover was not happening, anyone had an invite yet to a Takeover fans forum meeting.............No!! well what a surprise!!

I think they mean an update posted on the website, rather than another meeting.
  • Get the feeling that Aussies still hanging around are allowing RD to mess around with other bidders.
  • edited July 2019
    The only way I see us getting Roland to sell up is if we go back to Belgium with Standard Liege levels of protesting. It’s the only thing that gets to him. 
    @ElliotCAFC @ElliotCAFC

Going alone is futile. I’m not saying it’ll work, I’m just saying that it might be better than doing nothing 
    Two is better than no one.

There were only two people holding the liar banner and that was brilliant.

If you and @CAFCDAZ go others will follow.

Go for it.
    @ElliotCAFC @ElliotCAFC

Two is better than no one.

There were only two people holding the liar banner and that was brilliant.

If you and @CAFCDAZ go others will follow.

Go for it.
    Someone get me his address I'll camp in his garden 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!