Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• CAFCDAZ said:
    The only way I see us getting Roland to sell up is if we go back to Belgium with Standard Liege levels of protesting. It’s the only thing that gets to him. 
    @ElliotCAFC @ElliotCAFC

Go for it, get yourselves over to Belgium and protest.
    Going alone is futile. I’m not saying it’ll work, I’m just saying that it might be better than doing nothing 
    Two is better than no one.

There were only two people holding the liar banner and that was brilliant.

If you and @CAFCDAZ go others will follow.

Go for it.
    Someone get me his address I'll camp in his garden 
    Get in touch with @the_pres@The_President and the Belgian 20, they know.
  • The only way I see us getting Roland to sell up is if we go back to Belgium with Standard Liege levels of protesting. It’s the only thing that gets to him. 
    @ElliotCAFC @ElliotCAFC

Going alone is futile. I’m not saying it’ll work, I’m just saying that it might be better than doing nothing 

Go for it.
    Yeah that was brilliant, simple but so effective and cutting. 

However - my point was Standard Liege like protests on his doorstep might be the only way to force a sale, anything else I don’t think he cares. 
  • Copied from the minutes-:
    TR said that there will be another takeover update before the start of the season if there has been no takeover
    • Provisional date for next full meeting: Wednesday, September 25th

So this fans forum on the takeover has to happen this week!!

What excuse will they make for not abiding by their own statements. They must have known last week the takeover was not happening, anyone had an invite yet to a Takeover fans forum meeting.............No!! well what a surprise!!

Perhaps our season won’t start til October..

(have been asking the question - last week - nothing so far, I’m in Norfolk anyway this week so couldn’t attend in the flesh)
  • The only way I see us getting Roland to sell up is if we go back to Belgium with Standard Liege levels of protesting. It’s the only thing that gets to him. 
    @ElliotCAFC @ElliotCAFC

Go for it.
    Yeah that was brilliant, simple but so effective and cutting. 

However - my point was Standard Liege like protests on his doorstep might be the only way to force a sale, anything else I don’t think he cares. 
    Do it then
  • So, the European deal is not moving forward. Discussions have been halted.

That is the only verifiable fact that I have.

As for my comment last week which seems to have wound up a certain accountant, that comment was

Had a further message, which I had better leave until Monday to get further verified, because it is meltdown material.

Well it has not been verified. The buyer and the intermediary have not spoken in detail since the meeting, and the intermediary is now on holiday with his wife who has recently been very ill, and they need the break. There is also a second British adviser involved who was the source of the comment that was very concerning last week but it now seems  that neither he nor the intermediary were actually in the meeting between the buyer and RD's people. Until the intermediary speaks with the buyer at length, he's not able to tell me (assuming he wants to) what exactly was the reason for the breakdown. It also occurred to me that they might on reflection not be open about the reason in case they infringe an NDA.

But patently this is not happening before the transfer window. Apart from anything else there is no Heads of Agreement reached so they can't go to the EFL.

Massively pissed off all round.

• edited July 2019
    X
  • You need a push, happyvalley? 
  • Just twenty-eight more posts until we can really celebrate!
  • Sponsored links:

I have no idea why so many people genuinely believe this, I really don’t 
    Truly shocked and disappointed to hear you say that D.....don’t get your drift here one little bit?
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    The only way I see us getting Roland to sell up is if we go back to Belgium with Standard Liege levels of protesting. It’s the only thing that gets to him. 
    @ElliotCAFC @ElliotCAFC

Go for it.
    I believe he lives in a luxury block of flats!
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    @ElliotCAFC @ElliotCAFC

Go for it.
    Window Box then.

• We should all go over to his gaff and spell "ROLAND OUT" with our faeces. 
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    @ElliotCAFC @ElliotCAFC

Go for it.
    Balcony then 😂
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    @ElliotCAFC @ElliotCAFC

Go for it.
    Window Box then.

Job for the Elf 
  • The only thing it is likely to force is an arrest or two. It is not going to force a sale.
    He will sell when either his price reflects the value, he runs out of patience in losing money, or a buyer appears who is prepared to pay his price. The first is desirable, the second is possible and linked to the first, and the third is bordering on impossible.
    Yeah you’re probably right, I’m sure the protests will annoy him, but they probably won’t have much effect on the sale itself. 

It’s just so frustrating to sit here and do nothing while he carelessly ruins our club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Copied from the minutes-:
    TR said that there will be another takeover update before the start of the season if there has been no takeover

What excuse will they make for not abiding by their own statements. They must have known last week the takeover was not happening, anyone had an invite yet to a Takeover fans forum meeting.............No!! well what a surprise!!

I think they mean an update posted on the website, rather than another meeting.
    Then, if that's what they mean, they have 4 days to post an update....I'll take bets there will be absolute silence on the takeover. They could of course spin the same yarn there are 3 parties interested, but we know Dalman has walked, The Aussies have lost, yet another investor and now the Europeans have stopped talks, so unless there are 3 more (fantasy) groups, I fear we are screwed and RD will be here for the season. Perhaps someone  can contact Jim White and let him know whats happened, after all he told everyone who is a Charlton supporter that we are being sold and we should be happy!!
  • I’m shocked that he hasn’t caved and sold for what the buyers fancied paying. 
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    @ElliotCAFC @ElliotCAFC

Go for it.
    Excellent, the more the merrier, though we are struggling with the broadband connection.

• Are we there yet?
  • Scoham said:
    Copied from the minutes-:

I think they mean an update posted on the website, rather than another meeting.
    Then, if that's what they mean, they have 4 days to post an update....I'll take bets there will be absolute silence on the takeover. They could of course spin the same yarn there are 3 parties interested, but we know Dalman has walked, The Aussies have lost, yet another investor and now the Europeans have stopped talks, so unless there are 3 more (fantasy) groups, I fear we are screwed and RD will be here for the season. Perhaps someone  can contact Jim White and let him know whats happened, after all he told everyone who is a Charlton supporter that we are being sold and we should be happy!!
    Maybe the FF could request the aforementioned meeting takes place before the Blackburn match indicating their members have something of interest to share with LDT regarding the takeover.....

.....then proceed to inform him of what IS happening as clearly set out by @Redmidland.

His reaction would be worth watching. 
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    @ElliotCAFC @ElliotCAFC

Go for it.
    Window Box then.

Job for the Elf 
    Still too high high mate, sadly.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!