Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Heard from non GM contact: 

‘Sounds like the Aussies WILL NOT be buying the club this week’.

Something to do with needing an extra investor (having just lost a Chinese one) to cover this extra historic debt. 

...’so it’s over to the Europeans and Dalman’. 
    Not sure why that gets any lols?

I’m imagining investors are limiting their exposure, so they’ve set a cap. So when the asking price goes up, for whatever reason, extra investors are required. For some reason, they don’t seem to be queueing up to invest in Charlton at the moment. Agents are laughing at Bowyer, and investors are laughing at Roland

Aussies love an exposure cap - something to do with all that sunshine
    Don't tell me they want a free cap each to wear in the stand next time ffs
    *yawn*
  • JamesSeed said:
    cabbles said:
    JamesSeed said:

Something to do with needing an extra investor (having just lost a Chinese one) to cover this extra historic debt. 

I'm 100% in the 'RD is a lunatic owner therefore trying to buy something from him is probably ridiculously complex camp', but I think from what I've picked up on here as well, the Aussies' approach and bids are becoming a bit farcical as well.  Sounds like there's too many moving parts at their end
    Yeah, we all hope for a Roman Abramovic, with super deep pockets to appear out of nowhere, but the reality is many, many potential buyers have been driven away, and I think the majority aren’t single investors. Seems  odd to single out the ones who have tried the hardest to deal with the lunatic who owns our club. I’m amazed any of their investors have stuck with it if I’m honest. But I’d still rather they did, than didn’t. The argument that they’re putting off other potential bidders doesn’t hold water. 
    I appreciate that, but picking up on what has been shared on here, and the fact that it's been over a year since we had a couple in the Director's box, with scarfs, it doesn't really shout out robust strategy.  I understand 95% of that is probably down to RD, but of the remaining 5%, I just don't how cohesive it all is.  You may know better as you speak to them and I'm just going on conjecture on here.  I don't buy into the fact they would put off other bidders and I genuinely believe they have the best of intentions, just wonder about the foundations of who is involved and what's going on in their camp
  • JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Not sure why that gets any lols?

I’m imagining investors are limiting their exposure, so they’ve set a cap. So when the asking price goes up, for whatever reason, extra investors are required. For some reason, they don’t seem to be queueing up to invest in Charlton at the moment. Agents are laughing at Bowyer, and investors are laughing at Roland

Aussies love an exposure cap - something to do with all that sunshine
    Don't tell me they want a free cap each to wear in the stand next time ffs
    *yawn*
    What's up mate?
  • Ducher gets questioned, nothing said.

The Aussies themselves get questioned, Jimmy Seed gets offended, all of a sudden Jimmy Seed is getting "slagged off"?
  • has it happened yet?
  • 1941, HMS Ark Royal is hit by a German U boat and sinks while being towed to safety.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Seriously, why does anybody bother to post any potential info on this never ending thread?
    And when they get all the information thanks to people doing so, they still have no idea of the issues and seem incapable of putting two and two together. All you do for providing a service, which is what it is, is get slagged off for being the messenger. What I would say is that some people are genuinely grateful for all of those that take the trouble to post what they know  - good news or bad. Which reminds me - we are waiting on Prague to give us some info.
    I still don't think people are slagging off JS, it's slagging off the consortium which is, imo, a bit of a joke, but that's nothing to do with JS!
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Ducher gets questioned, nothing said.

The Aussies themselves get questioned, Jimmy Seed gets offended, all of a sudden Jimmy Seed is getting "slagged off"?
    I’m not bothered mate, but every time I post about the Aussies you seem to pop up with a little dig for some reason. Often scarf related - but it’s not really a biggie, it’s just a bit childish, a bit off putting and slightly demeaning. I post only in good faith. 
    You genuinely think that's aimed at you? Honestly?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Seriously, why does anybody bother to post any potential info on this never ending thread?
    And when they get all the information thanks to people doing so, they still have no idea of the issues and seem incapable of putting two and two together. All you do for providing a service, which is what it is, is get slagged off for being the messenger. What I would say is that some people are genuinely grateful for all of those that take the trouble to post what they know  - good news or bad. Which reminds me - we are waiting on Prague to give us some info.
    I still don't think people are slagging off JS, it's slagging off the consortium which is, imo, a bit of a joke, but that's nothing to do with JS!
    But it is Roland they should be slagging off. People seem to be annoyed that the consortium don't have the money, but seeing as RD is asking for too much money, how do they know! I don't know if any of the bidders are good or bad, but if we are going to take this mess out on anybody at this time, it should be 100% on the Douchebag. 
  • cabbles said:
    JamesSeed said:
    cabbles said:
    JamesSeed said:

I'm 100% in the 'RD is a lunatic owner therefore trying to buy something from him is probably ridiculously complex camp', but I think from what I've picked up on here as well, the Aussies' approach and bids are becoming a bit farcical as well.  Sounds like there's too many moving parts at their end
    Yeah, we all hope for a Roman Abramovic, with super deep pockets to appear out of nowhere, but the reality is many, many potential buyers have been driven away, and I think the majority aren’t single investors. Seems  odd to single out the ones who have tried the hardest to deal with the lunatic who owns our club. I’m amazed any of their investors have stuck with it if I’m honest. But I’d still rather they did, than didn’t. The argument that they’re putting off other potential bidders doesn’t hold water. 
    I appreciate that, but picking up on what has been shared on here, and the fact that it's been over a year since we had a couple in the Director's box, with scarfs, it doesn't really shout out robust strategy.  I understand 95% of that is probably down to RD, but of the remaining 5%, I just don't how cohesive it all is.  You may know better as you speak to them and I'm just going on conjecture on here.  I don't buy into the fact they would put off other bidders and I genuinely believe they have the best of intentions, just wonder about the foundations of who is involved and what's going on in their camp
    All good points. It might be more like 10% down to them however  😉. I only speak to them when they think it’s going horribly wrong, which isn’t as often as you’d think. My other source is pretty good though, and this latest info comes from that source. 
    As I’ve said, more than happy for Dalman or this European consortium (?) to buy the club. I just want another season like last season, but you can’t have the same success in the Championship without proper funding I fear. 
  • edited July 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    When you look back on your posts, I believe you will understand why;
    "Sounds like the Aussies aren't buying the Club this week" if not a LOL is full of Irony after 100 weeks ( higher or lower ?)

It's not a case of shooting the messenger James, but we can only take so much "Not news" 

• They might not think much of you. It isn't just them who can't get a deal done with the owner though is it? If it was, maybe it would be fair to criticise.
  • JamesSeed said:
    But it is Roland they should be slagging off. People seem to be annoyed that the consortium don't have the money, but seeing as RD is asking for too much money, how do they know! I don't know if any of the bidders are good or bad, but if we are going to take this mess out on anybody at this time, it should be 100% on the Douchebag. 
    If someone is asking for too much money, you don't agree the to the price then pull out at the last moment, due to lack of funds, whilst still searching for more investors, which is what I believe to have happened previously.

Yes, RD is a nutjob, especially with regards to selling the club, but I believe the aussies have set themselves an unobtainable target with buying a club as big as ours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard Madely had to make do with a sweat band 
  • edited July 2019
    We don't know what they agreed though. I am assuming they agreed a price then discovered issues which meant they couldn't pay it. Nobody else seems willing to pay it either! People whose money it isn't just say they should just pay what he wants - like people say, we should just pay Bolton what they owe Oztumer. It is easy to say things like that with other people's money! What I am saying is they could be everything they are accused of, but really we know only one thing for sure which shouldn't be forgotten. That is Roland is a mad cnut - and knowing that means we should be a bit more generous to other parties in all this when judging them/slagging them off. The person who deserves all the slagging off is not cleaning his teeth in Belgium!
  • JamesSeed said:

I’m not bothered mate, but every time I post about the Aussies you seem to pop up with a little dig for some reason. Often scarf related - but it’s not really a biggie, it’s just a bit childish, a bit off putting and slightly demeaning. I post only in good faith. 
    Prancing around in club scarfs whilst having nothing to do with the club could be considered childish and demeaning too.

According to some sources they've failed to stump up the cash on several occasions and have lost various 'investors' from their mega-consortium, is it any wonder a post stating they've managed to lose another investor get's lol'd?

I really don't think anyone is digging you out, or suggesting anything you post is done is in good faith, but come on, you have to admit the situation is at best, slightly ridiculous.
    It’s all your fault, this latest investor to walk was Chinese apparently! 😉
  • You can have a group of investors and some drop out  because the deal is taking too long or is too difficult in their opinion, but others in the group remain interested and try to find new investors. 
  • Curb_It said:
    Come on everyone lets get back on track and stop picking at each other and just pick at any slivers of info we get.  Any info is welcome.  Even if sometimes we might think a bit comical or repetitive.

I think Prague should hurry up with his further and better particulars to the comments his contact made.  We are waiting with baited breath here @PragueAddick
    Meltdown Monday is fake news.

Temultuous Tuesday is where it's at.
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Prancing around in club scarfs whilst having nothing to do with the club could be considered childish and demeaning too.

According to some sources they've failed to stump up the cash on several occasions and have lost various 'investors' from their mega-consortium, is it any wonder a post stating they've managed to lose another investor get's lol'd?

I really don't think anyone is digging you out, or suggesting anything you post is done is in good faith, but come on, you have to admit the situation is at best, slightly ridiculous.
    It’s all your fault, this latest investor to walk was Chinese apparently! 😉
    Blame @Addic@Addickted - He shunned me from his consortium.
  • Come on Prague, where is this news? We know it isn't good but we are keen to see what it is.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!