Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• 1929, Charlton Athletic win promotion for the first time.
    First promotion AS A LEAGUE TEAM.

We won many promotions before 1921

Did we win more promotions than you Henry?

Harsh!

No but Charlton haven't had 105 promotions taken away by jealous administrators. 
  • We have to annoy him some more I think. Are there any plans afoot?

No but Charlton haven't had 105 promotions taken away by jealous administrators. 
    Move on.
  • RD right now...

Image result for never gonna give up gif
  • I believe he wants out but can’t quite bring himself to do it because he knows how much happiness it would cause. He hates us that much!! 
  • We have to annoy him some more I think. Are there any plans afoot?
    Hide his favourite cardi ?

Oh, thought you meant Henners ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Page 1930 , hope @happyvalley isn't cutting his grass again.
  • It’s coming soon. It’s happening!
  • 1930, Amy Johnson becomes the first woman to fly solo from England to Australia.
  • Page 1930 , hope @happyvalley isn't cutting his grass again.
    No, just having a little kip after a hot sleepless night.
  • Given that Duchatelet knows absolutely nothing about football at all, I do wonder if the daft old miser has got it at the back of his mind that Bowyer might even achieve a promotion to the Premier not taking into consideration that the budget he’s given the club will barely provide a competitive Championship squad let alone one capable of a promotion push. Think he might be looking to see how the team is doing before committing to sell. If that’s remotely true then January would be the earliest. 
  • Chizz said:
    He's selling. If nothing else comes from this thread of almost 150 pages, at least we can take away this one fact: he's selling. He may not be selling today, or this week, or this month. But, he's selling. We all want to know who the new owners are, what the price will be, how much money they've got, what their plans are, who we might sign and what is going to happen to The Valley. All of these remain firmly up in the air. But there's one, cast-iron fact we know: he's selling. He won't want to lose more money. Despite how some people present the opportunities to offset losses against tax, he doesn't want to lose more money. No-one does. It's a stain on his business record, it's a loss to his prestige, it's a drag on his resources and it's a diminution of his - and his family's - wealth. So, either sooner or later, there is no doubt, whatsoever: he's selling. I want to know when and I want to know what's next. But, I can wait. And, if he's reading this, I have one message for him - I can wait longer than you, Roland. Not least because, unlike you, Roland, I have nothing to lose. And that's why this thread - despite being inconclusive on a number of issues so far - is so heartening, uplifting and positive. Because, sooner or later, there's no doubt about it now: he's selling.
    Are you as certain as you were almost 1800 pages and almost two years ago that he is selling Chizz? And as it hasn't been "sooner", could you tell us when "later" is likely to be?

I'll be 60 in a few weeks and it would be absolutely fantastic if you could ally my fears that we won't have a new owner before I do "shuffle off this mortal coil"
  • Think Roland will live to see us all out - just out of spite
  • Chizz said:
    He's selling. If nothing else comes from this thread of almost 150 pages, at least we can take away this one fact: he's selling. He may not be selling today, or this week, or this month. But, he's selling. We all want to know who the new owners are, what the price will be, how much money they've got, what their plans are, who we might sign and what is going to happen to The Valley. All of these remain firmly up in the air. But there's one, cast-iron fact we know: he's selling. He won't want to lose more money. Despite how some people present the opportunities to offset losses against tax, he doesn't want to lose more money. No-one does. It's a stain on his business record, it's a loss to his prestige, it's a drag on his resources and it's a diminution of his - and his family's - wealth. So, either sooner or later, there is no doubt, whatsoever: he's selling. I want to know when and I want to know what's next. But, I can wait. And, if he's reading this, I have one message for him - I can wait longer than you, Roland. Not least because, unlike you, Roland, I have nothing to lose. And that's why this thread - despite being inconclusive on a number of issues so far - is so heartening, uplifting and positive. Because, sooner or later, there's no doubt about it now: he's selling.
    Are you as certain as you were almost 1800 pages and almost two years ago that he is selling Chizz? And as it hasn't been "sooner", could you tell us when "later" is likely to be?

I'll be 60 in a few weeks and it would be absolutely fantastic if you could ally my fears that we won't have a new owner before I do "shuffle off this mortal coil"
    I can ally your fears.  But I don't think that's what you want, is it?
  • #TeamWOITOS
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    I’m still hearing the old nutter want to sell before the season starts. God knows how he’ll do that. Historic debts still an issue. It’s not happening. Is it?
    Do we have any more clarity on what these historic debts are?

The ex-directors loans and/or something else?
  • JamesSeed said:
    I’m still hearing the old nutter want to sell before the season starts. God knows how he’ll do that. Historic debts still an issue. It’s not happening. Is it?
    Do we have any more clarity on what these historic debts are?

The ex-directors loans and/or something else?
    Didn't something come out of the Jimenez Ashley trial? 

Wasn't there something that neither Jimenez or Slater Technically owned CAFC.

Didn't you mention something about this @Airman Brown when the case was first in the news. A lot of it went over my head but that but stuck out.

Could that be the 'historic debt' ??
  • IMO  this "historic debt"  is Rolands losses he wants it all paid
  • So in respect of the interested party I know of, I am clinging to one small piece of positive news. The intermediary, the Charlton fan who has found the buyer, has indeed been in London today. That said I can't be sure it was because the previous mentioned meeting has taken place, but I would think it more likely than not; and this is an improvement on what I was led to believe on Monday. I would hope to hear from him, directly or via his buddy who lurks on here , either way. 
    Imminent it is then.

Put the champagne on Ice
  • 1930, Amy Johnson becomes the first woman to fly solo from England to Australia.
    Bloody hell, she must’ve been tired at the end of that.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Does “historic debts” really just mean he wants whatever price for the club with more money left on as debt to him?

Someone might agree a price but they’re not going to pay £30m+ to buy the club while owing saying another £20m on top of that.
  • 'Terse' has been a good word to introduce into this thread.
    We need a good vocabulary based on something like the Scoville Scale to describe encounters any ITK people have.
  • Prague do you know personally who the potential buyer is and has their name been in the domain that we are aware of?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!