Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    They will claim that is the specific takeover fans forum that was promised.

They only said update, didn’t specifically say a meeting or fans forum.
    They said 
    A takeover specific Fans’ Forum will take place ahead of the start of the season should the club not be sold by then.’ 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Sounds like a Statement from Rubashaw rather than Roland

For one its been issued on twitter

@CAFCOfficial dont usually tweet it when its Roland
  • Options
    How old is this hidden debt? Is it the reason why Zabeel walked away?
  • Options
    Shame he doesn't appear to have the intellect to actually rub the club properly and sold players for good money like most of the other championship clubs.

Also a shame he doesn't realise that no one wants to pay for a stadium then have to spend a fortune on assembling an actual team to play in it.

He is sadly deluded and we're stuck with him until he can see reality.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    It basically says he has given Lee a one year contract. Over to him.

The next move is for fans to exploit the fact that the club has no CEO or Head of Finance.
    I don't know if EFL rules say there has to be a chief executive or not, but there are presumably things that are even above Cojones paygrade (it goes without saying everything is beyond his competence) so the attack should probably start there if there is a way to do it, and entree. 
    No I don't mean extras for the vol au vent gobblers.
    Is there a way to tie the club up in a major legal farrango, one that would require a response from a chief executive?
    A ten minute dig shows that you used to have to have a "company secretary" who could potentially also be the chief executive.  That is no longer the case.  As far as I can tell the only executive a Ltd company MUST have is 1 director. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i get out of this that  we are not going to be sold until next season when we are in league 1 
  • Options
    You have to wonder about people like Rubbershoes working for Rolly Polly.

They are made to look to look a laughing stock time after time and will be looked at as a joke by their peers.
  • Options
    1962, Golden Wonder introduce cheese and onion crisps.
    They better have been in green bags
  • Options
    Golden Wonder used to be the crisp company. Better than Walkers or Lays or whatever you want to call them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7vX8hBudcQ
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    He seemed pretty irate when those belgians pretending to be Charlton fans, did graffiti on his property and that of his associates!

And when the Belgian 20 interrupted him eating as we were getting stuffed by Swindon. This was the time Meire told us he watched all our games live on a stream! 
  • Options
    I believe that protests in Belgium do bother him and do embarrass him.
    Is there a single person who doesn’t think that?
    Don’t know, probably.
  • Options
    Golden Wonder used to be the crisp company. Better than Walkers or Lays or whatever you want to call them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7vX8hBudcQ
    Nah, Smiths was THE crisp until cheese and onion arrived.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1962 The great Stuart Leary played his last game for Charlton
  • Options
    It’s good of the owner to continue to pay staff and the bills.
    FFS it’s his company, dam good of him to pay his employees and his bloody bills.
     The man is delusional.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    It basically says he has given Lee a one year contract. Over to him.

The next move is for fans to exploit the fact that the club has no CEO or Head of Finance.
    I don't know if EFL rules say there has to be a chief executive or not, but there are presumably things that are even above Cojones paygrade (it goes without saying everything is beyond his competence) so the attack should probably start there if there is a way to do it, and entree. 
    No I don't mean extras for the vol au vent gobblers.
    Is there a way to tie the club up in a major legal farrango, one that would require a response from a chief executive?
    Sorry Seth, but I thought the EFL had already said RD could run the club as he sees fit.
  • Options
    It’s good of the owner to continue to pay staff and the bills.
    FFS it’s his company, dam good of him to pay his employees and his bloody bills.
     The man is delusional.
    Agree but it’s something the Spivs neglected doing ( bills not staff)
  • Options
    "Worryingly, no one can categorically say either that everytime Charlton fans annoy him in some way it doesn't make him more determined in his own mind to ensure he doesn't concede on his stance, can they?"

And by the same token no one can say it doesn't but even you accept the fan actions "annoy" him.

Even that is enough justification IMHO.

As I said way, way back even before black and white scarves and before you were a member of the CARD organising group "we have no knock out punch".

We can't do any one, single thing to remove him instantly so we have to keep jabbing away. 

The protests here and in Belgium DID annoy him and DID get a response and he decided to sell.  That decision wasn't only about the protests but it is reasonable and evidenced to say it was a factor. We can never know for sure how much of a factor.

Ultimately, the lack of a sale is down to the same person who caused all the mess we are in now and no one else and that is Roland Duchatelet.

Only the irrational Duchatelet can authorise a deal, all we can do is counter his lies and keep on making his time as a "owner" as uncomfortable as possible.
    So we don't know whether whether further action will lead to him being more likely or less likely to sell.
    But we can accept that fan actions annoy him.
    So that is enough justification, just to annoy him, even though it may mean he owns us for even longer ?

I think like AFKA I am trying to take a considered view, based on facts.
    It is an undeniable fact that every action so far has not realistically brought us closer to a sale.
    Whether further action can hasten his departure is debatable, because no one knows.
    If anyone can come up with a strategy that has a chance of hastening his departure, then I'm ready to listen and potentially support. 
    Embarrassing him can be the only way surely, hurting his ego to the point where everyone in St Truiden is laughing at him.

A protest march along with a 6 metre Roland blimp on the way to his Melexis office like we saw with Trump and Khan and billboards of him looking like an ancient old man BR7 Addick did would both make the news and embarrass him.
    I don't disagree Martin, but I've basically done that a few years ago and he's still here.
  • Options
    Looking forward to @happyvalley posts when we get to page 2100+
    Coming soon.....
  • Options
    Bollocks Bollocks Shit
    Bollocks Bollocks Bollocks Shit
    Bollocks Bollocks Shit
  • Options
    He really is a complete bell end, I am just stunned how often he reacts to this forum and posts a rant. Its just bizarre for a 'leader' to act in such a way
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Chizz said:
    From Guardian, Justice Green found that neither Jimenez nor Cash actually owned Charlton. Intereesting!
    then who did? Was it actually Jiminez and Cash's to sell? Maybe this is the problem. 
    I don't know where the judge is coming from.  CAFC Holdings Ltd seems to be an offshore company so details not readily available, but the OS reported " Charlton Athletic Football Company Ltd is owned by Baton 2010 Ltd, which is owned by CAFC Holdings Limited (90 per cent) and Richard Murray (10 per cent).  CAFC Holdings Limited is in turn owned by Tony Jimenez (47.6 per cent) and Michael Slater (23 per cent) plus minority shareholders with less than 10 per cent".  Incidently from what I can see Murray still holds 10% which might explain why he is still a director.
    Murray does not own 10 per cent, since all of Baton 2010 was sold to Staprix in 2014.
    Unless we found out that Roland paid someone who wasn't the beneficial owner of the club.  And therefore doesn't own it at all.  

And therefore his asset is precisely zero.  And we can sue him for the doing "work" on the pitch and on Sparrows Lane without the permission of the real owner.  (Whoever that might (still) be).  

And we can sue him for trespassing.  By turning up at The Valley.  A couple of times. 
    Thanks to Clive for the bigger picture but it mentions RM has "drag along obligations". No idea what that is.

The confirmation statement of 2016 states that RD controls at least 75%. It lists 100 shares and 900 shares. Moreover are we to believe FM sold 10% of CAFC for £300? There is no provision in accounts to suggest RD paid over the odds and why is RM still a director?
  • Options
    I believe that protests in Belgium do bother him and do embarrass him. Will more protests there make him sell quicker? Maybe, maybe not. But I tell you something, they will sure as hell make me feel better.
    I think we can all agree with this.
    But our dilemma is not what will make Large Addick feel better. (not meaning to be rude etc).
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!