Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like a Statement from Rubashaw rather than Roland

For one its been issued on twitter

@CAFCOfficial dont usually tweet it when its Roland
    Nobody with any background in PR would write such a statement, using language in the way it is used there.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Chizz said:
    From Guardian, Justice Green found that neither Jimenez nor Cash actually owned Charlton. Intereesting!
    then who did? Was it actually Jiminez and Cash's to sell? Maybe this is the problem. 
    I don't know where the judge is coming from.  CAFC Holdings Ltd seems to be an offshore company so details not readily available, but the OS reported " Charlton Athletic Football Company Ltd is owned by Baton 2010 Ltd, which is owned by CAFC Holdings Limited (90 per cent) and Richard Murray (10 per cent).  CAFC Holdings Limited is in turn owned by Tony Jimenez (47.6 per cent) and Michael Slater (23 per cent) plus minority shareholders with less than 10 per cent".  Incidently from what I can see Murray still holds 10% which might explain why he is still a director.
    Murray does not own 10 per cent, since all of Baton 2010 was sold to Staprix in 2014.
    Unless we found out that Roland paid someone who wasn't the beneficial owner of the club.  And therefore doesn't own it at all.  

And therefore his asset is precisely zero.  And we can sue him for the doing "work" on the pitch and on Sparrows Lane without the permission of the real owner.  (Whoever that might (still) be).  

And we can sue him for trespassing.  By turning up at The Valley.  A couple of times. 
    Thanks to Clive for the bigger picture but it mentions RM has "drag along obligations". No idea what that is.

The confirmation statement of 2016 states that RD controls at least 75%. It lists 100 shares and 900 shares. Moreover are we to believe FM sold 10% of CAFC for £300? There is no provision in accounts to suggest RD paid over the odds and why is RM still a director?
    It meant that when any money was invested in the business by the spivs, he had to put in 10 per cent of it. His stake was wiped out in 2014 as part of the deal and with it his funding obligation.
  • Options
    Interesting that Roland complains about “losses in The Championship” when he might well have the lowest operational loss of his ownership reign in 2019-20.

Furthermore, given we well might have a break-even year overall and a 3-year FFP loss among the lowest in the division, plus its London location, CAFC should be one of the MOST sellable clubs right now.

The real reason he can’t sell is his unreasonable price, his threats to keep the stadium, his insistence on receiving sell on fees and to top it all off, his public utterances that only a fool would buy his own club at the current price.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Always the victim it’s never his fault 
    Sounds like a good new song for saturday!
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Chizz said:
    From Guardian, Justice Green found that neither Jimenez nor Cash actually owned Charlton. Intereesting!
    then who did? Was it actually Jiminez and Cash's to sell? Maybe this is the problem. 
    I don't know where the judge is coming from.  CAFC Holdings Ltd seems to be an offshore company so details not readily available, but the OS reported " Charlton Athletic Football Company Ltd is owned by Baton 2010 Ltd, which is owned by CAFC Holdings Limited (90 per cent) and Richard Murray (10 per cent).  CAFC Holdings Limited is in turn owned by Tony Jimenez (47.6 per cent) and Michael Slater (23 per cent) plus minority shareholders with less than 10 per cent".  Incidently from what I can see Murray still holds 10% which might explain why he is still a director.
    Murray does not own 10 per cent, since all of Baton 2010 was sold to Staprix in 2014.
    Unless we found out that Roland paid someone who wasn't the beneficial owner of the club.  And therefore doesn't own it at all.  

And therefore his asset is precisely zero.  And we can sue him for the doing "work" on the pitch and on Sparrows Lane without the permission of the real owner.  (Whoever that might (still) be).  

And we can sue him for trespassing.  By turning up at The Valley.  A couple of times. 
    Thanks to Clive for the bigger picture but it mentions RM has "drag along obligations". No idea what that is.

The confirmation statement of 2016 states that RD controls at least 75%. It lists 100 shares and 900 shares. Moreover are we to believe FM sold 10% of CAFC for £300? There is no provision in accounts to suggest RD paid over the odds and why is RM still a director?
    It meant that when any money was invested in the business by the spivs, he had to put in 10 per cent of it. His stake was wiped out in 2014 as part of the deal and with it his funding obligation.
    I googled it and it suggests he was still a minority shareholder at the time of the Feb 18 court case.
  • Options
    1963, The Great Charlton Keston came into the world. Charlton went from strength to strength and dominated the football world.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wish one of the parties that have walked away (Dalman preferably as he knows more about how an  English club is run) would go on the record & tell us what RD is after. Not just sale price, but add-ons like % of future player sales etc. Surely they still wouldnt be under a NDA.

The statement starts off reasonably ok (like his interview yrsterday) until he moans how he cant sell because no-one will buy a loss making club. Does himself no favours at all. 

We wont be sold this season. My worry now is that he will baton down the hatches & wont sanction any new players coming in at all. Will try to minimise the losses further & even sell someone like Taylor or Dijikstel.
  • Options
    Bollocks Bollocks Shit
    Bollocks Bollocks Bollocks Shit
    Bollocks Bollocks Shit
    Wipe front to back mate
    Shit Bollocks Bollocks
    Shit Bollocks Bollocks Bollocks 
    Shit Bollocks Bollocks 
  • Options
    Came back from a relatively Charlton Life free holiday and the mood on here has changed. Maybe if you follow it all the time it isn't quite so noticeable. As my name suggests I am going on Saturday. If anyone can can come up with a song that lets management and team know we love em and hate the prat then I feel it would get sung definitely at an away following game. Maybe if it hits the right note then it may get picked up at home. My first game is Brentford so hope it has caught on by then. That is really just to vent our anger though real damage needs to be done in Belgium. Again there are people better than me at this but by words on here alone there appears some appetite to raise cash and the local tempreture on him. I am an occasional contributor so don't pretend to be a Belgium tourist or anything just want the prick out of our club.
  • Options
    Roland claims the losses in the Championship stop buyers from completing the takeover. If that's the case then why are some of them still around?

The statement on the OS today confirms they're "still active".

Talks appeared to progress initially. Unfortunately though, as we near the start of the season, a takeover has not happened. While the interested parties are still active, the fact they haven’t concluded a sale yet means the club is very much still on the market.
  • Options
    1963, The Great Train Robbery. Also The Dartford Tunnel opens, which becomes the great toll robbery.
    I did not know that regarding the tunnel western bore. However using the spy hole feature at this site with the map set to 1968, https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/spy/#zoom=15.786751536514043&lat=51.4637&lon=0.2565&layers=193&b=1&r=30, I was able to verify the existence of the tunnel back then and see that it linked the A2 to the A13. What a pleasure!
  • Options
    No Ellipsis in the OS statement.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Chizz said:

I googled it and it suggests he was still a minority shareholder at the time of the Feb 18 court case.
    The court case related to the situation before 2014. The current ownership structure is reported in the annual accounts.
  • Options
    'The interested parties are still active' - they went to the gym today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s good of the owner to continue to pay staff and the bills.
    FFS it’s his company, dam good of him to pay his employees and his bloody bills.
     The man is delusional.
    Yep, what an absolute gent. I got paid today and must dash off a quick thankyou to payroll for being so awfully nice!
  • Options
    So we are back to sq 1? Nothing happening despite a lot of talk this summer of it defo happening.
    I think we can all agree it will be a tough season ahead. But imagine the happiness of an away win at the Den or a surprise victory over Leeds or Fulham. Of course we will lose a lot more than we have done last season but I still look forward to the season despite the helmet and the mess. I look forward to the saturday evenings after a rare win. 
    Bowyer and Gallen and the rest of the staff have done a job under shit conditions and we just have to stick together now and support them. Lets get to Jan and see where we are. 
  • Options
    Statement is def from him , I was wrong my optimism was misplaced and all of the buyers have done all they can to get this done 

the bloke is a C&&t and totally un-negotiable with

if he is not Insane then the is 100% doing this for pleasure 

there’s one way out and it costs 6k and if caught life in jail 
    Just how close do you believe it got to being completed?

What in your opinion stopped it going through, is it as simple as the asking price?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Statement is def from him , I was wrong my optimism was misplaced and all of the buyers have done all they can to get this done 

the bloke is a C&&t and totally un-negotiable with

if he is not Insane then the is 100% doing this for pleasure 

there’s one way out and it costs 6k and if caught life in jail 
    Just how close do you believe it got to being completed?

What in your opinion stopped it going through, is it as simple as the asking price?
    Like anyone on here would know that.
  • Options
    @nth london addick thanks for the update, are the different groups of buyers still 'around' do you know, or have they all, that you're aware of walked away for good? Understand if you don't or can't share but I think we all need some 'hope' that the madman will go sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    It’s always someone else’s fault.

The buyers won’t conclude the sale.

The EFL won’t “take action so the financial rules are more like American sport where clubs rarely lose money, making them more attractive to purchase”

The guy is nuts.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Sounds like a Statement from Rubashaw rather than Roland

For one its been issued on twitter

@CAFCOfficial dont usually tweet it when its Roland
    Nobody with any background in PR would write such a statement, using language in the way it is used there.
    You'd hope so, but Rubashaw is probably a completely inept, useless just like everyone else who's been hired by RD.

• Options
    1964, £10 bank notes are issued for the first time since The Second World War.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!