Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    On the theme of Haiku's and Assassin's

Ordered a hitman
    from Scunthorpe comes Lee Novak
    he missed from close range

Josh Parker was picked
    along with Josh Magennis
    they shot each other

Simon Church tried hard
    He had Roland in his sight
    the bullet fell short

One person to ask
    the golden girl Villanelle
    Huh, heard for last time

Bullet point present
    by Fanny Fanackapan
    Roland falls over

Warm weather joy
    Cherry tree blossom fades
    Rat hangs from branch
  • Options
    Statement is def from him , I was wrong my optimism was misplaced and all of the buyers have done all they can to get this done 

the bloke is a C&&t and totally un-negotiable with

if he is not Insane then the is 100% doing this for pleasure 

there’s one way out and it costs 6k and if caught life in jail 
    You are paying way too much.
    Albanians in Bromley will do it for much less. 

Allegedly 

That may be so but you get what you pay for in every industry. Quality, professionalism and service is always at a premium rate. Not that I know much about anything.

• Options
    Statement is def from him , I was wrong my optimism was misplaced and all of the buyers have done all they can to get this done 

Allegedly 

That may be so but you get what you pay for in every industry. Quality, professionalism and service is always at a premium rate. Not that I know much about anything.

The Albanians don't f#$k about .

So I'm told.
  • Options
    Interesting comments from the Oddschecker football expert with regard to the forthcoming season and our owner:

https://www.oddschecker.com/tips/football/championship/20190730-the-championship-2019-20-betting-tips-predictions
  • Options
    Close the thread...
  • Options
    Depressingly now reached my birth year. 
  • Options
    Interesting comments from the Oddschecker football expert with regard to the forthcoming season and our owner:

https://www.oddschecker.com/tips/football/championship/20190730-the-championship-2019-20-betting-tips-predictions

I might have tenner on his predictions.

The truth can sometimes be a little hard to swallow but I think he is spot on, with us at least.

• Options
    #CloseTheThread
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    #keepthethreadopenforever
  • Options
    #GOATThread
  • Options
    #welovethetakeoverthread
  • Options
    The year I was born 
  • Options

Allegedly 

The Albanians don't f#$k about .

So I'm told.
    They will certainly give your car a damn good clean, inside and out, for £15 (£20 for a 7 seater).
  • Options
    #rightsaidthread
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Following promotion to the Championship in May the owner had hoped the club would be sold by the start of the season.

Talks appeared to progress initially. Unfortunately though, as we near the start of the season, a takeover has not happened. While the interested parties are still active, the fact they haven’t concluded a sale yet means the club is very much still on the market.

It was announced in January 2018 that the club was for sale and it is disappointing for the owner and the fans that the club has not been sold. Let there be no doubt, the Charlton Athletic owner wants to sell the club.

He has sold three other football clubs in recent years (Standard Liege, St Truiden and a few months ago Alcorcon) as he wants to get out of football. None of those clubs have taken this long to sell.

The owner is frustrated as he believes are a clear deterrent for many candidate buyers to step in. The owner feels the EFL need to take action so the financial rules are more like American sport where clubs rarely lose money, making them more attractive to purchase (https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1564477200/1564479000/ and https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c77e0391c719/owner-roland-duchatelet-demands-efl-acquire-charlton).

In the meantime though, the owner will continue to pay the staff and the bills. In Lee Bowyer and his staff, the club has a management team everyone can get behind, they did a brilliant job to get Charlton promoted last season and they created a bond between the team and the fans. Everyone knows the Championship will be tough but in Lee and his team, the owner feels the club has the best people in place to give Charlton the chance to surprise teams again this season.

this bit is just a lie isn't it?
    Doesn't matter how often he repeats it, doesn't make it true.  It's not for sale cos if anybody says "here I'll give you £Xm" the liar says 'No.'
     - admittedly this is predicated on the assumption that any party or parties ever actually tabled a bid, we think they may have but can't know for sure cos nobody on here has been so much as a fly on the wall in any 'negotiation'.

"...it is disappointing for the owner ... that the club has not been sold..."  no shit Sherlock!!  If price is the critical issue because the current owner wants much, let alone, all of the money back that he's poured away pursuing the impossible, he's certifiably insane.  That's the easier concept to understand and attach to the little we know.  The revelations of the spivs' court humiliation raise the possibility that the current CAFC owner was sold an £18M puff of wind, which the diligent enquiries of various potential suitors uncover all too easily and has them quite understandably walking away.   

For anyone retaining any whiff of respect for the current owner (tco), read this and digest it...  "
    the huge losses owners incur in the Championship... are a clear deterrent for many candidate buyers"   Those losses are entirely optional and dependent solely on the management discretion of those owners, they are in no way compulsory.  The FFP limits are just that limits they are not requirements.  It is absolutely none of tco's business or concern what any future owner chooses to do there.  The next owner's attitude to budget is immaterial to tco.  Numerous EFL clubs have changed hands in recent times.  Bidders (usually) have some idea what they're letting themselves in for.  Their offer price is made with that in mind.  This particular drivel just adds to the weight of evidence that tco is lying through his teeth about almost all of it.  You'll ask me 'why? that makes no sense'  of course it's senseless that's been the consistent narrative for 5 and half years and counting.

The hard financial facts and the inevitable consequence of tco's arrant failure still don't register in his cranium.  Another motivation for divesting CAFC is required. (assuming tco actually owns anything it can sell)

keep smilin' see you at Ewood.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Following promotion to the Championship in May the owner had hoped the club would be sold by the start of the season.

Talks appeared to progress initially. Unfortunately though, as we near the start of the season, a takeover has not happened. While the interested parties are still active, the fact they haven’t concluded a sale yet means the club is very much still on the market.

It was announced in January 2018 that the club was for sale and it is disappointing for the owner and the fans that the club has not been sold. Let there be no doubt, the Charlton Athletic owner wants to sell the club.

He has sold three other football clubs in recent years (Standard Liege, St Truiden and a few months ago Alcorcon) as he wants to get out of football. None of those clubs have taken this long to sell.

The owner is frustrated as he believes are a clear deterrent for many candidate buyers to step in. The owner feels the EFL need to take action so the financial rules are more like American sport where clubs rarely lose money, making them more attractive to purchase (https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1564477200/1564479000/ and https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c77e0391c719/owner-roland-duchatelet-demands-efl-acquire-charlton).

In the meantime though, the owner will continue to pay the staff and the bills. In Lee Bowyer and his staff, the club has a management team everyone can get behind, they did a brilliant job to get Charlton promoted last season and they created a bond between the team and the fans. Everyone knows the Championship will be tough but in Lee and his team, the owner feels the club has the best people in place to give Charlton the chance to surprise teams again this season.

Doesn't matter how often he repeats it, doesn't make it true.  It's not for sale cos if anybody says "here I'll give you £Xm" the liar says 'No.'
     - admittedly this is predicated on the assumption that any party or parties ever actually tabled a bid, we think they may have but can't know for sure cos nobody on here has been so much as a fly on the wall in any 'negotiation'.

"...it is disappointing for the owner ... that the club has not been sold..."  no shit Sherlock!!  If price is the critical issue because the current owner wants much, let alone, all of the money back that he's poured away pursuing the impossible, he's certifiably insane.  That's the easier concept to understand and attach to the little we know.  The revelations of the spivs' court humiliation raise the possibility that the current CAFC owner was sold an £18M puff of wind, which the diligent enquiries of various potential suitors uncover all too easily and has them quite understandably walking away.   

For anyone retaining any whiff of respect for the current owner (tco), read this and digest it...  "the huge losses owners incur in the Championship... are a clear deterrent for many candidate buyers"   Those losses are entirely optional and dependent solely on the management discretion of those owners, they are in no way compulsory.  The FFP limits are just that limits they are not requirements.  It is absolutely none of tco's business or concern what any future owner chooses to do there.  The next owner's attitude to budget is immaterial to tco.  Numerous EFL clubs have changed hands in recent times.  Bidders (usually) have some idea what they're letting themselves in for.  Their offer price is made with that in mind.  This particular drivel just adds to the weight of evidence that tco is lying through his teeth about almost all of it.  You'll ask me 'why? that makes no sense'  of course it's senseless that's been the consistent narrative for 5 and half years and counting.

The hard financial facts and the inevitable consequence of tco's arrant failure still don't register in his cranium.  Another motivation for divesting CAFC is required. (assuming tco actually owns anything it can sell)

The Aussies lodged the sale agreement with the EFL. Whatever you think about them, they can’t have done that without “tabling a bid”.
  • Options
    Bollocks Bollocks Shit
    Bollocks Bollocks Bollocks Shit
    Bollocks Bollocks Shit

Thank you for the entry to this year's Haiku competition, you have made the short list to recite at the Queen's garden party in September.

I'm very sorry  Bollocks Bollocks Shit but I haven't a clue Bollocks Bollocks Bollocks Shit what you are talking about Bollocks Bollocks Shit, or are you taking the piss out of my Tourettes Bollocks Bollocks Shit Bollocks Bollocks Bollocks Shit Bollocks Bollocks Shit. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    _MrDick said:

For anyone retaining any whiff of respect for the current owner (tco), read this and digest it...  "the huge losses owners incur in the Championship... are a clear deterrent for many candidate buyers"   Those losses are entirely optional and dependent solely on the management discretion of those owners, they are in no way compulsory.  The FFP limits are just that limits they are not requirements.  It is absolutely none of tco's business or concern what any future owner chooses to do there.  The next owner's attitude to budget is immaterial to tco.  Numerous EFL clubs have changed hands in recent times.  Bidders (usually) have some idea what they're letting themselves in for.  Their offer price is made with that in mind.  This particular drivel just adds to the weight of evidence that tco is lying through his teeth about almost all of it.  You'll ask me 'why? that makes no sense'  of course it's senseless that's been the consistent narrative for 5 and half years and counting.

The Aussies lodged the sale agreement with the EFL. Whatever you think about them, they can’t have done that without “tabling a bid”.
    Alright so that's one bid and that was a year or more ago wasn't it?  However that proposal came apart I stand by my contention that tco's version of events since then has been relentless bilge.  Whether that's artful story telling or deluded rambling is immaterial, tco hasn't shared anything close to the truth.
    As for 'paying the bills and wages' that's not gonnna be costing him much if anything this season, with his pared to the bone establishment, player sales, season ticket sales, bigger visiting crowds and increased TV money.  His narrative doesn't add up nor ever has, literally, financially or figuratively. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    125/1 rank outsiders for the title with Paddy Power. 
    2/5 favourites to be relegated. 

Says all you need to know about Roland’s ownership of the club.  
  • Options
    I am listeni g to Talksport... they are doing a prediction on next season in Championship. The guest Tom said "troublevis their owner.." and Cundy pipe up .. "has he still not sold yet...? If you ask me he sounds a bit deluded". Yep he sure is. 
  • Options
    Does he feel that LB can keep us up with a limited budget whilst he can break even, perhaps make a small profit, hence can still bide his time without need to drop his silly asking price? Perhaps if LB had walked Durlachet would have had a complete disaster on his hands that he would have to have sorted out therefore he may have felt more inclination to sell? Dont get me wrong wanted Lee to stay but it must also have massively suited RD because he believes he can do a good job with limited budget whilst he can keep Lookman money which will line his pocket for a while! If he's not further funding us and Lee works a miracle and the results are not a complete disaster he can bide his time playing what ever silly games he's playing with potential investors! Just a nasty thought! :(
  • Options
    Red7Oak said:
    Does he feel that LB can keep us up with a limited budget whilst he can break even, perhaps make a small profit, hence can still bide his time without need to drop his silly asking price? Perhaps if LB had walked Durlachet would have had a complete disaster on his hands that he would have to have sorted out therefore he may have felt more inclination to sell? Dont get me wrong wanted Lee to stay but it must also have massively suited RD because he believes he can do a good job with limited budget whilst he can keep Lookman money which will line his pocket for a while! If he's not further funding us and Lee works a miracle and the results are not a complete disaster he can bide his time playing what ever silly games he's playing with potential investors! Just a nasty thought! :(

It will be nasty all round. We'll be left with barely a squad, which will only serve to drive the price potential new owners are willing to pay down. Especially if we're relegated. He just doesn't understand the football industry. The Income Statement is not something any sane person would be looking at when valuing a club.
  • Options
    Fake journalist.
  • Options
    1966 England won something.
    I went to my first Charlton match.
  • Options
    1966, England win the World Cup.

Happy Valley having a lay in will be fuming when he sees this..
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!