Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Don’t think we ought to be wishing or hoping any ill on Roland to be honest. 73 isn’t old these days so even bringing his age into this sorry state of affairs is pointless and quite frankly tasteless. 
    Even though he's actively trying to negatively affect our lives? I might not wish him dead, but I certainly won't be drinking to his health any time soon.
    Yes. Even that. Wishing ill on someone is really pretty scummy to be honest.
    Well, I am a scummy person then.......I hope he drops dead tomorrow. o:)
    #MeToo
  • 1966 Jimmy Seed, our greatest ever manager, dies in Farnborough hospital, Bromley.
    Didn’t know that, same hospital I born in.
  • And my daughter
  • It’s happening!
  • And my son and I’ve had a few stitches from there and my wife has had women’s stuff done there.
  • 1967, the year the famous, very talented and adonis AppyAddick is born...... 😀 
  • edited August 2019
    The Sale of Charlton thread is now rented out  at weekends for family births, birthdays and family news. 

Normal  SOC resumes at 9AM Monday, thank you for filling the void.
  • No more Roland stress.

He will probably be the owner of our club until he dies.

He is going to hate every second of it. He will keep moaning about us....about the EFL plus other stuff. He will find a new target and new things to moan about.

Our good fans will keep protesting in Belgium and it will still be fun and interesting to hear about.

It is about the football. It is OUR club.

Roland wants us relegated ....so we are less expensive to run.

He wanted Bowyer to be offered a better job....and to take it....so he could blame it on the fans or some other nonsense.

He does not want on the pitch success.

It is a bit like a...."you can't choose your family" situation.

We are stuck with him.

He is our Mr burns ugly yellow toothed grandad who doesn't even say merry Christmas.

I think we should just enjoy taking the piss out of him and let the stress of this completely dissapear.

Our protests have worked....because they piss him off and he has been forced to oblige on a few things...out of relectant fear.

THE FOOTBALL IS BACK!!!!

All Roland does is just supply a useless challenging budget ...even though he is a millionaire and even though he knows he is wrong act in this way.

The lies and blaming of others....is simply just a diffusion of responsibility.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1967, Donald Campbell dies on Coniston Water trying to beat his own speed record in Bluebird.
  • Great time to sell the club.
  • Great time to sell the club.
    Or to keep it....
  • Or in est in olayers
  • Amazed to look on here and see we are on my birth year. No end in sight to this thread.
  • I meant or invest in players
  • This thread is now dead until November, someone call in the U-boats
  • Sponsored links:

• Amazed to look on here and see we are on my birth year. No end in sight to this thread.

Page 13,562.

Roland's great great great grandson Bogner Duchatelet writes a statement on the O.S.

It informs Charlton Athletic supporters that the club is not for sale.

• Dave2l said:
    Amazed to look on here and see we are on my birth year. No end in sight to this thread.

Page 13,562.

Roland's great great great grandson Bogner Duchatelet writes a statement on the O.S.

Page 13563 the Aussies are still looking for new investment. 

Wankers 
    That's cos we will be in the Premier League next season, so the price will go up again 😉
  • Dave2l said:
    Amazed to look on here and see we are on my birth year. No end in sight to this thread.

Page 13,562.

........... the following day Charlton Athletic is sold and free from the Duchatelet family .
  • edited August 2019
    1967, the year that I became hooked on going to Charlton. As s kid I had been dragged down to the Valley regularly throughout the 60s and couple of times went with my mates but never for a night game and the first one was a whole new experience. A light was literally turned on in my case and I started supporting Charlton instead of just going to games 

• This is a bit left field. But could it be worth a group of fans like the trust or casc now reaching out to roland to try for some constructive dialogue

The aim would be to try to influence his investment in the short term and longer term the sale of the club. This could be done by harnessing and presenting some of the data which has been shown on here already. Some of his current decisions make no sense and he could be influenced to do differently perhaps.

• edited August 2019
    Bowyer suggesting asking price is the issue or is that reading too much into it?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/lee-bowyer-who-would-have-said-jonathan-woodgate-and-i-would-become-managers-p3t9w8cjf

“My aim is to stay in the Championship and try and become an established side,” Bowyer says. “A lot of it depends on whether the club gets sold because the owner has said he wants to keep the budget as low as possible to keep it more attractive, which makes it more difficult, but we’ll be OK. The club is more sellable now we are in the Championship but I can’t control if anyone will pay the money the owner wants.”
  • Dave2l said:
    F*ck sake.

In a few days it will be 1994 take that released a number one single.

I prefer the ones about wars and historic stuff.

The 20th century was too good.

Thanks....industrial revolution.  
    You can but D:ream, things can only get better.
  • I was born this year at St.Alfeges in Greenwich! What a year!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!