Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    In Lee Bowyer and his staff, the club has a management team everyone can get behind, they did a brilliant job to get Charlton promoted last season and they created a bond between the team and the fans. 
    Everyone? Not so. Some of us continue to look on from a distance, dismayed.
    Whilst holding LB, JJ and SG in high esteem - I again offer them sincere best wishes - we choose to remain absent. As another season commences under Meddler's tenure, we reject McCharlton and look forward to a new chapter for the club under enlightened stewardship. 
    McCharlton? With chips? On its own?
     May as well just have a McCharlton meal
  • Options
    https://www.castrust.org/2017/12/616796/

Was just perusing the trust website and came across this article- a joint statement about ownership with Blackburn supporters trust.

It's well written of course but stops some way short of what's needed I think. 
    ..." the time has come to move on and to hand the club over to someone who will put not only their money but also their heart and soul into the club."...

That was late 2017. I think an updated vision statement would be worthwhile, one that reflects an effective and workable ownership structure that protects the club and takes it out of reach of madcap business men, (or some unknown incoming consortium). 

Wimbledon and Swansea have gone down member ownership routes I believe. Barcelona are known for it. German clubs have ownership protections that could maybe work here. I would like to think we could get on the front foot with this rather than the 'waiting for someone' route that has got us nowhere so far.
  • Options

Was just perusing the trust website and came across this article- a joint statement about ownership with Blackburn supporters trust.

..." the time has come to move on and to hand the club over to someone who will put not only their money but also their heart and soul into the club."...

That was late 2017. I think an updated vision statement would be worthwhile, one that reflects an effective and workable ownership structure that protects the club and takes it out of reach of madcap business men, (or some unknown incoming consortium). 

Wimbledon and Swansea have gone down member ownership routes I believe. Barcelona are known for it. German clubs have ownership protections that could maybe work here. I would like to think we could get on the front foot with this rather than the 'waiting for someone' route that has got us nowhere so far.
    It has been talked about  before. Personaly i would up for it and would like nothing better. But i cant see it happening with this owner, he hates us is my opinion.
  • Options
    You have to wonder about people like Rubbershoes working for Rolly Polly.

They are made to look to look a laughing stock time after time and will be looked at as a joke by their peers.
    He takes a sizeable enough wedge to have sold his soul.
  • Options
    I wish one of the parties that have walked away (Dalman preferably as he knows more about how an  English club is run) would go on the record & tell us what RD is after. Not just sale price, but add-ons like % of future player sales etc. Surely they still wouldnt be under a NDA.

The statement starts off reasonably ok (like his interview yrsterday) until he moans how he cant sell because no-one will buy a loss making club. Does himself no favours at all. 

We wont be sold this season. My worry now is that he will baton down the hatches & wont sanction any new players coming in at all. Will try to minimise the losses further & even sell someone like Taylor or Dijikstel.
    NDA can still be effective for some time after negotiation have ceased. Years I believe. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019

It has been talked about  before. Personaly i would up for it and would like nothing better. But i cant see it happening with this owner, he hates us is my opinion.
    That's what I'm querying essentially @orpingtonRED.. what's the roadmap as in what needs to happen, regardless of the current owner's limited vision and personality traits, to get to a more secure environment for the future? It's been done elsewhere, though not very widespread in English football so far.
  • Options
    Statement is def from him , I was wrong my optimism was misplaced and all of the buyers have done all they can to get this done 

the bloke is a C&&t and totally un-negotiable with

if he is not Insane then the is 100% doing this for pleasure 

there’s one way out and it costs 6k and if caught life in jail 
    I'll pay the 6k.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That's what I'm querying essentially @orpingtonRED.. what's the roadmap as in what needs to happen, regardless of the current owner's limited vision and personality traits, to get to a more secure environment for the future? It's been done elsewhere, though not very widespread in English football so far.

I am not an expert sorry. But like you say other teams have done it. I know in  Germany they have many fan ownership teams. Maybe somebody on here can reach out to our German Addicks and find out how its its done. If possible
  • Options
    I see from the  trust's constitution that it's already set up to "acquire an interest in or  ownership of the Club", among other things.
  • Options
    Interesting that Roland complains about “losses in The Championship” when he might well have the lowest operational loss of his ownership reign in 2019-20.

Furthermore, given we well might have a break-even year overall and a 3-year FFP loss among the lowest in the division, plus its London location, CAFC should be one of the MOST sellable clubs right now.

The real reason he can’t sell is his unreasonable price, his threats to keep the stadium, his insistence on receiving sell on fees and to top it all off, his public utterances that only a fool would buy his own club at the current price.
    Spot on naps
  • Options
    If RD has increased his asking price by £7m following promotion, I'd imagine NDAs are null and void. Added to his statements about buyers having difficulty raising cash, another get out.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Ok, you’re not selling Roland.

So now that’s been decided, now there’s no more uncertainty over ownership, hand Bowyer some fecking money to buy players, don’t sell AD from under him and give the football people at the club a fighting chance of continuing last season’s miracle-work by keeping us in this league. 

You can’t have it both ways, claiming new owners may not want to be saddled with players and contracts they didn’t sanction. You’re the owner now, it’s confirmed. Get on with it!
  • Options
    Right. 
    Definitely not being sold until someone pays his ridiculous price aka never. 

Thread needs closing now so we can stop arguing over the most pathetic things that none of us know feck all about. 
    More to the point, we're only 55 pages from @happyvalley running out of historical facts to post, so they may have to resort to
    2020 Roland still hasn't sold the club
    2021 Roland still hasn't sold the club
    2046 Roland celebrates his hundredth birthday. He still hasn't sold the club
    2063 Roland becomes the oldest person alive. He still hasn't sold the club
    2064 Roland finally dies at the age of 117, at which point it is discovered that he hasn't left a valid will, and a legal battle over his estate begins. The club cannot be sold until this is concluded.

And so on...

Personally I think we should close the thread on page 1969 ("Man lands on the moon. An amazingly complex task, but still apparently more feasible than getting a stubborn Belgian to see sense) or 1984, and just hope that's not an omen.
  • Options
    Will there be a CARD response? I think this is pretty much confirmation that all takeovers are off for the foreseeable future.

It was continued protests that pushed him towards the decision to put the club on the market but since that was announced, I think a lot of fans sat back and waited for it to happen expecting it would only take a few months, tops. 18 months later and we are still here.

Roland has had it too easy over that period and it’s time to start turning up the heat once again, IMO.
    Will there be a CARD response? I think this is pretty much confirmation that all takeovers are off for the foreseeable future.

It was continued protests that pushed him towards the decision to put the club on the market but since that was announced, I think a lot of fans sat back and waited for it to happen expecting it would only take a few months, tops. 18 months later and we are still here.

Roland has had it too easy over that period and it’s time to start turning up the heat once again, IMO.
    I agree that there has to be some form of response that counters the inconsistencies in RD’s latest rant which receives some publicity in the press. I am also happy to volunteer CAST for this task but based on their previous good work I am sure they are already in the process of developing a response.
  • Options
    If RD has increased his asking price by £7m following promotion, I'd imagine NDAs are null and void. Added to his statements about buyers having difficulty raising cash, another get out.
    Roland said a while back on TalkSport that he would give the club away if the training ground and The Valley were paid for. Funny how the value of both have gone up since.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I would think a short, sharp bullet point response including some of the (napa scale) assumptions on what card believes old yellow tooth actually wants for a club destined for relegation again would suffice here...
  • Options
    Bollocks Bollocks Shit
    Bollocks Bollocks Bollocks Shit
    Bollocks Bollocks Shit

Thank you for the entry to this year's Haiku competition, you have made the short list to recite at the Queen's garden party in September.

• Options

You’d think so. But you’d be wrong. Of course you could try taking it to court. 
  • Options
    I believe that protests in Belgium do bother him and do embarrass him. Will more protests there make him sell quicker? Maybe, maybe not. But I tell you something, they will sure as hell make me feel better.
    I think we can all agree with this.
    But our dilemma is not what will make Large Addick feel better. (not meaning to be rude etc).
    Not sure what the dilemma is. If we do something, it may or may not work and if we don't do anything it won't have any affect of him for certain. 
  • Options
    Just like to release a quick statement to say I’ve not sold my property yet guys, but I agree to continue paying Thames water and EDF Energy.
    But the BBC can do one for their tax money 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Right. 
    Definitely not being sold until someone pays his ridiculous price aka never. 

Thread needs closing now so we can stop arguing over the most pathetic things that none of us know feck all about. 
    More to the point, we're only 55 pages from @happyvalley running out of historical facts to post, so they may have to resort to
    2020 Roland still hasn't sold the club
    2021 Roland still hasn't sold the club
    2046 Roland celebrates his hundredth birthday. He still hasn't sold the club
    2063 Roland becomes the oldest person alive. He still hasn't sold the club
    2064 Roland finally dies at the age of 117, at which point it is discovered that he hasn't left a valid will, and a legal battle over his estate begins. The club cannot be sold until this is concluded.

And so on...

Personally I think we should close the thread on page 1969 ("Man lands on the moon. An amazingly complex task, but still apparently more feasible than getting a stubborn Belgian to see sense) or 1984, and just hope that's not an omen.
    Happy for it to close in 1969. 
    All the best things happened that year!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!