Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2019
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:
    GM and Aussies still in the hunt, but there’s no one around to deal with them at the moment, apparently. Chaos. 
    Hi James. Who told you that, and why, I wonder? I know that it is untrue. 

The word fed back from the club about the Aussies is that they lost one of their investors and have not been heard of since. But that too could be disinformation, or a part truth.

If they’d gone, why would they tell me they haven’t? That doesn’t add up.

Over time they’ve lost several investors - each time Roland moved the goalposts. Can you blame them for pulling out, when they get effed about by Roland?
    But you’ve just said they haven’t pulled out? I’m confused. 
  • Options
    1972, Charlton play in the 3rd division to the first  in 37 years.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:
    GM and Aussies still in the hunt, but there’s no one around to deal with them at the moment, apparently. Chaos. 

The word fed back from the club about the Aussies is that they lost one of their investors and have not been heard of since. But that too could be disinformation, or a part truth.

Over time they’ve lost several investors - each time Roland moved the goalposts. Can you blame them for pulling out, when they get effed about by Roland?
    James would the investors be required to keep pumping in funds once the deal is done or is it a case of pumping in enough funds to last x number of years all up front and then no more funds required?

I appreciate if you don't know or can't share but when you say over time they've lost several investors this is what worries me and probably plenty of others about a consortium taking over, is there a possibility that funds will regularly be needed? If so, others may decide to withhold funding causing a cashflow problem in the future?
  • Options
    1972 Charlton sell Ray Treacy to Swindon Town ............................. I am still traumatised :neutral:
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Pleased don’t be confused. 

They haven’t pulled out.

Over time they have lost investors due to Roland messing them about (imho). 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

James would the investors be required to keep pumping in funds once the deal is done or is it a case of pumping in enough funds to last x number of years all up front and then no more funds required?

I appreciate if you don't know or can't share but when you say over time they've lost several investors this is what worries me and probably plenty of others about a consortium taking over, is there a possibility that funds will regularly be needed? If so, others may decide to withhold funding causing a cashflow problem in the future?
    Above my pay grade I’m afraid. I know they have a model that isn’t widely used in English football. No idea if it’s any good or not. Sounds ok in principal. 
    Initial sums provided by initial investors, but a broader based investor structure built up going forward. Something like that? I think they like the membership model that some European clubs use. 
    Sorry for waffling. 
  • Options
    1972 - AUN entered the world. Found it all to be a bit of a struggle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Solidgone said:
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

They haven’t pulled out.

Aussies still buying us.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

All I knew about the Aussies up until recently is what you've written on here. The only extra thing I know now is that Charlton say that they have not seen or heard anything from them since they lost one of their consortium. 

So I just think its a bit odd, what you have been told now. What could it mean? I suppose de Turck could be on holiday but Murray is there for sure, because who else is handling the transfers? There is no CEO. I suppose Murray in turn might say, I can't talk before deadline day but I cannot believe they cannot set up a meeting with either him or de Turck for beginning of next week. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

All I knew about the Aussies up until recently is what you've written on here. The only extra thing I know now is that Charlton say that they have not seen or heard anything from them since they lost one of their consortium. 

So I just think its a bit odd, what you have been told now. What could it mean? I suppose de Turck could be on holiday but Murray is there for sure, because who else is handling the transfers? There is no CEO. I suppose Murray in turn might say, I can't talk before deadline day but I cannot believe they cannot set up a meeting with either him or de Turck for beginning of next week. 
    Does seem odd but RD is odd and who knows what set up he’s got, what would Chris Parkes role as club secretary be?
  • Options
    When did "Charlton" say that Prague Addick?

Gallen is doing the football deals.
  • Options
    Will this thread make it to 2019? It's struggling.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Solidgone said:
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

They haven’t pulled out.

Aussies still buying us.
    At Roland's' ridiculous asking price? I doubt it.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Lieven is the one they talk to, not Murray. 
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Solidgone said:
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

They haven’t pulled out.

Aussies still buying us.
    At Roland's' ridiculous asking price? I doubt it.
    I’ve just about given up hope. But you never know. 
  • Options
    When did "Charlton" say that Prague Addick?

Gallen is doing the football deals.
    I don't know exactly. It is what "the Europeans" have learnt. So fairly recent.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Ok so even if he is on holiday, I'd have thought that by text at least he'd arrange any requested meeting for when he gets back.That's kind of normal access expected of high level managers. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Ok so even if he is on holiday, I'd have thought that by text at least he'd arrange any requested meeting for when he gets back.That's kind of normal access expected of high level managers. 
    Normal? You should realise by now that nothing at Charlton is normal anymore.

also, from the Peterborough Chairman’s comments yesterday it looks like Gallen negotiating deals.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

"Normal"

How can you use that word in relation to this regime or sales process.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

"Normal"

Well, yeah, fair point. Although I believe de Turck once had a "normal" kind of job as a CFO and I bet he had to keep his phone on during holidays then. Oh, well.

BTW I get that Gallen is our recruitment ace but do you believe he has to handle the outward shit too? Like when Boro moved for Dijksteel, he had to field their call and then ask RD what he wants to do?
    Dwell on how shit that is for him, if that is indeed how this is set up.

• Options
    The only knowledge I have of RD selling the club is what I read on this post,but in my opinion,the optimum time to have pushed a sale through was in the immediate aftermath of Wembley when the value was probably at its peak.Since then,players leaving,and rumours aplenty about other imminent departures will only have made the club a less viable proposition. regret to say,I hope I am wrong,but I think we are stuck with him.
  • Options
    The only knowledge I have of RD selling the club is what I read on this post,but in my opinion,the optimum time to have pushed a sale through was in the immediate aftermath of Wembley when the value was probably at its peak.Since then,players leaving,and rumours aplenty about other imminent departures will only have made the club a less viable proposition. regret to say,I hope I am wrong,but I think we are stuck with him.
    This with bells on - he’s missed his chance to earn a maximum price on the club. Only going to go down hill from here, we’re stuck with him.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

"Normal"

Well, yeah, fair point. Although I believe de Turck once had a "normal" kind of job as a CFO and I bet he had to keep his phone on during holidays then. Oh, well.

BTW I get that Gallen is our recruitment ace but do you believe he has to handle the outward shit too? Like when Boro moved for Dijksteel, he had to field their call and then ask RD what he wants to do?

I don't need to dwell on it. I've seen LDT at work, he's so out of his depth, he's incompetent and he lies for Duchatelet and he doesn't want to be there.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

I'd expect nothing from Duchatelet's mob.

The book 'The longest Sale' will be out in about four years, after Roland changes his mind about selling the club.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

"Normal"

So everything "Charlton" say is a lie, except when you want it to be true?

Also, as we have ruled out the "local boy made good" saving us, we have been for sale, one way or another for 15 years, the only 2 parties that are intrested have a direct line through you and Mr Seed? 
  • Options
    Melexis shares are down 27% in the past year. Let's hope that continues as it maybe the only way Roland decides to sell us 
    Would you invest in a company led by a spiteful idiot with no judgement who cannot even manage to sell assets he doesn't want? 
  • Options
    sm said:
    Melexis shares are down 27% in the past year. Let's hope that continues as it maybe the only way Roland decides to sell us 
    Would you invest in a company led by a spiteful idiot with no judgement who cannot even manage to sell assets he doesn't want? 
    Hmmmm, what’s the asking price?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!