Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1973, Kent win The Sunday League ( again ) & The Benson & Hedges Cup.
    Now you’re talking! :)
  • Options
    How did Slurrey do?
  • Options
    How did Slurrey do?
    Oi.
  • Options
    (And then spent the next several years claiming they'd come through Surrey's academy system all along)
  • Options
    I know I'm on a sticky wicket here but there is so little SOC going on that the Kent/Surrey debate has hijacked this long running saga.

It's just not football.
  • Options
    Roland out!
  • Options
    I've inboxed AFKA to tell him that the bullying of Surrey supporters on here has gone too far.
    He has promised me that several Kent and one Worcester supporter will receive lifetime bans unless they collectively come on here and appolagise unreservedly. 
    I heard the opposite and he was blocking all IP addresses from sub Sahara Africa? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heard that some Israelis are being showed round the training ground and have already handed in paperwork to the EFL

Aussies take note 😉
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    Heard that some Israelis are being showed round the training ground and have already handed in paperwork to the EFL

Aussies take note 😉
    Not more rival bidders! 😩
  • Options
    I've inboxed AFKA to tell him that the bullying of Surrey supporters on here has gone too far.
    He has promised me that several Kent and one Worcester supporter will receive lifetime bans unless they collectively come on here and appolagise unreservedly. 
    You not watching the cricket tonight..?
  • Options
    LTKapal said:

Aussies take note 😉
    Surely he means the new players.
  • Options
    LTKapal said:

Aussies take note 😉
    Are you able to expand on that?  It would be interesting to know where you heard that and what else you heard about "some Israelis". 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Chizz said:
    LTKapal said:

Aussies take note 😉
    Are you able to expand on that?  It would be interesting to know where you heard that and what else you heard about "some Israelis". 
    Heard they came from the Brighton area and it was being brokered by Steve Gallen.
    Sale to be announced tomorrow.

I'm joking of course at the expense of the potential incoming transfers and don't actually see us being sold till at least January now, but i've given up trying to second guess Roland so who knows.

• Options
    It’s happening!
  • Options
    Posted this on transfers thread:

I just hope Roland isn’t thinking of hanging around now the running costs have been lowered. Perhaps he thinks we might go on a run so he can put the price up again? Perhaps he’s even dreaming of the Premier League 😩

• Options
    Given the unprecedented transfer window, and assuming that at least some of the rumours are true (we turned four multimillion pound bids down for Taylor?) I do wonder what has changed. Have we been taken over and the announcement has not yet been made. It all feels very odd at the moment. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SX_Addick said:
    Given the unprecedented transfer window, and assuming that at least some of the rumours are true (we turned four multimillion pound bids down for Taylor?) I do wonder what has changed. Have we been taken over and the announcement has not yet been made. It all feels very odd at the moment. 
    I suggested this scenario earlier today.

Something doesn't add up, does it ....
  • Options
    The only reason we did not sell Taylor when the offer of £4.5M came in is that Roland was getting his teeth whitened at the time and missed the call.
  • Options
    15 August and 15 October please @JamesSeed... 
  • Options
    1829, Oxford University win the first Boat Race.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I just hope Roland isn’t thinking of hanging around now the running costs have been lowered. Perhaps he thinks we might go on a run so he can put the price up again? Perhaps he’s even dreaming of the Premier League 😩
    I think he’s worked out we’ve brought in enough money to at least break even, hence Bowyer getting some of the Dijksteel money to spend on the squad.

While waiting for a ridiculous offer for the club he can wait and see how the team get on. He said something around our budget doesn’t mean we have no chance in one of his statements. If Bowyer pulled off a miracle and we went up again he’ll probably get his money back.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    The only reason we did not sell Taylor when the offer of £4.5M came in is that Roland was getting his teeth whitened at the time and missed the call.
    I heard he was in Clarks getting a new pair of shoes. It took a while, it's a big investment. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    JamesSeed said:

I think he’s worked out we’ve brought in enough money to at least break even, hence Bowyer getting some of the Dijksteel money to spend on the squad.

While waiting for a ridiculous offer for the club he can wait and see how the team get on. He said something around our budget doesn’t mean we have no chance in one of his statements. If Bowyer pulled off a miracle and we went up again he’ll probably get his money back.
    If it’s true we had the lowest budget in the division, promotion would seem unattainable. 

I wonder if budget has increased? 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Scoham said:
    JamesSeed said:

If it’s true we had the lowest budget in the division, promotion would seem unattainable. 

I wonder if budget has increased? 
    Increased but still easily the lowest is my guess.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!