Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Solidgone said:
    @JamesSeed - any update from your Aussie buddies (apart from the Ashes)?
    Had a splurge of messages a couple of weeks ago and a hint that we might meet up, but nothing since. I haven't bothered asking any questions if I'm honest. GM asked a few though, so I sense they're still interested, but perhaps the price is too high to make it viable.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Solidgone said:
    Had a splurge of messages a couple of weeks ago and a hint that we might meet up, but nothing since. I haven't bothered asking any questions if I'm honest. GM asked a few though, so I sense they're still interested, but perhaps the price is too high to make it viable.
    What sort of questions did he ask?  Can you share them?  
  • Options
    1991, The first website goes live on The Worldwide Web invented by Tim Berners Lee.
    It's his fault for the hours/days/weeks/months of my life I've wasted looking at the internet!
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Chizz said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Solidgone said:
    What sort of questions did he ask?  Can you share them?  
    Just about CAFC 
  • Options
    1991, The first website goes live on The Worldwide Web invented by Tim Berners Lee.
    It's his fault for the hours/days/weeks/months of my life I've wasted looking at the internet!
    Also his fault for me slowly going blind!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also his fault for me slowly going blind!!
    Slowly!!!!!????

Yeah, right.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    T_C_E said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    1988, Sandy Lyle becomes the first British winner of The U.S. Masters.
    Most importantly Dazzler was born.
    Mr Dazzler wasn’t he the fella that invented “walking football” 😉
    Dazzler won the Charlton Life FC 'Golden Slug' award. As you might have guessed, pace wasn't really something he was blessed with. 

But like Stevie Brown, he never let you down. :smile:

Made Nathan look like Ronaldo! .........* just joshing @Dazz@Dazzler21
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Lyle getting a decent contract and the whole wage structure being adjusted to realistically support a promotion charge would validate that Roland has changed.
    Not being argumentative but Lewis Grabham is on about £30k a week at forest, Bamford is probably on more at Leeds. I guess Taylor is on about 6 or 7?

I understand that Brentford offered about  £20k a week for 3 years AND a £4 million fee.

If he is in the top 3 or 4 goal scores come January he is looking at 30k plus a week if he moves then.  Come July if he has scored 20+ goals he is a free agent, he is probably looking at a £5 million contract minimum.

That's 30k a week, maybe adjusted by signing on fees or bonus. 

15k a week, or there abouts is fair for us to offer but do you think we should offer LT 30k a week and say a 500k signing on bonus?

Why the hell would he sign anything we offer now?

The "Lyle Taylor situation" isn't anything to do with Roland, neither was the Grant or BFG.  It's to do with the state of English football.

Joe Aribo was totally down to RD, was totally avoidable and is almost unforgivable. 

Give Roland both barrels but make sure your firing the right bullets. 
    While Rangers clearly got a bargain with Aribo, they've also been on the receiving end, losing one of Scotland's best young talents Billy Gilmour to Chelsea aged 15/16 (yes them again) for a development fee, the whole system is flawed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Gilmour_(footballer)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Solidgone said:
    Thanks. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I think @eaststandmike is being tongue in cheek there. Isn’t he a staunch “not a penny more “
    Fair enough if that’s the case, but there are definitely increasing amounts of fans who do actually believe that. 
    Some have short memories and are easily swayed.

Beware of pigeons flying over head.
    Spesh if they are low flying one’s Elfs...🐦...😉
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Oggy Red said:
    T_C_E said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    1988, Sandy Lyle becomes the first British winner of The U.S. Masters.
    Most importantly Dazzler was born.
    Mr Dazzler wasn’t he the fella that invented “walking football” 😉
    Dazzler won the Charlton Life FC 'Golden Slug' award. As you might have guessed, pace wasn't really something he was blessed with. 

But like Stevie Brown, he never let you down. :smile:

Made Nathan look like Ronaldo! .........* just joshing @Dazz@Dazzler21
    Nathan turned up to play a match half cut and forgot his boots.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Lyle getting a decent contract and the whole wage structure being adjusted to realistically support a promotion charge would validate that Roland has changed.
    Not being argumentative but Lewis Grabham is on about £30k a week at forest, Bamford is probably on more at Leeds. I guess Taylor is on about 6 or 7?

I understand that Brentford offered about  £20k a week for 3 years AND a £4 million fee.

If he is in the top 3 or 4 goal scores come January he is looking at 30k plus a week if he moves then.  Come July if he has scored 20+ goals he is a free agent, he is probably looking at a £5 million contract minimum.

15k a week, or there abouts is fair for us to offer but do you think we should offer LT 30k a week and say a 500k signing on bonus?

The "Lyle Taylor situation" isn't anything to do with Roland, neither was the Grant or BFG.  It's to do with the state of English football.

Joe Aribo was totally down to RD, was totally avoidable and is almost unforgivable. 

While Rangers clearly got a bargain with Aribo, they've also been on the receiving end, losing one of Scotland's best young talents Billy Gilmour to Chelsea aged 15/16 (yes them again) for a development fee, the whole system is flawed

Unless your Real Madrid, some times your the pigeon, some times your the statue.

In LT's case we will probably end up being both. 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I think @eaststandmike is being tongue in cheek there. Isn’t he a staunch “not a penny more “
    Fair enough if that’s the case, but there are definitely increasing amounts of fans who do actually believe that. 
    Some have short memories and are easily swayed.

Beware of pigeons flying over head.
    Spesh if they are low flying one’s Elfs...🐦...😉
    They'd have to be virtually walking B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Unless your Real Madrid, some times your the pigeon, some times your the statue.

In LT's case we will probably end up being both. 
    you’re x 3!!
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Solidgone said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Solidgone said:
    Thanks. 
    I still have a funny feeling that extra debt (not just Roland's loans to the club) was discovered on the books, so Roland now expects a buyer to pay:

£33m ‘asking price’.
    £7m directors’ loans
    £Xm historic debt. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Solidgone said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Solidgone said:
    Thanks. 
    I still have a funny feeling that extra debt (not just Roland's loans to the club) was discovered on the books, so Roland now expects a buyer to pay:

£33m ‘asking price’.
    £7m directors’ loans
    £Xm historic debt. 
    @Airman Brown - have you heard about newly identified debt?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Solidgone said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Solidgone said:
    Thanks. 

£33m ‘asking price’.
    £7m directors’ loans
    £Xm historic debt. 
    It’s been talked about quite a bit on here, but not sure anyone’s nailed it down 100%. Someone I know whose contact has ‘seen the books’ is talking of £100+m total, but I’m wondering if that includes Roland’s own debt/Staprix debt. It’s far from a clear picture. 

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Solidgone said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Solidgone said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Solidgone said:
    Thanks. 

£33m ‘asking price’.
    £7m directors’ loans
    £Xm historic debt. 
    It’s been talked about quite a bit on here, but not sure anyone’s nailed it down 100%. Someone I know whose contact has ‘seen the books’ is talking of £100+m total, but I’m wondering if that includes Roland’s own debt/Staprix debt. It’s far from a clear picture. 

Told you @NapaAddick didn't have the foggiest. £77m my arse.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    Solidgone said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Solidgone said:
    Thanks. 

£33m ‘asking price’.
    £7m directors’ loans
    £Xm historic debt. 
    If there was £xm historic debt left by the spivs we really could be in the brown stuff because noone will think that they should have to pay it, including Roland.

I still have a nagging feeling its more to do with what Roland actually owns.  Who sold him the club and was it theirs to sell.  We haven't heard any real detail about any of it other than price is/isn't an issue or it has/hasn't changed.

Anyway tomorrow could be a done deal, melt down Monday or just another day. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Solidgone said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Solidgone said:
    Thanks. 

£33m ‘asking price’.
    £7m directors’ loans
    £Xm historic debt. 
    No. How would that work? The accounts are the accounts.

Saw Bob Whitehand at the cricket earlier. Not involved in negotiations. 🤔
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!