Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Sold down the road, maybe!
  • Options
    1988, Sandy Lyle becomes the first British winner of The U.S. Masters.
  • Options
    looking at how this thread has slowed down recently I'm beginning to wonder if we will ever reach the point when we have to start predicting the future ...
  • Options
    1987- I got married. 

So did I - and she's still suffering!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    1987- I got married. 

Like I always say, it was a life sentence but I got time off for bad behavior. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    1987- I got married. 

Like I always say, it was a life sentence but I got time off for bad behavior. 
    It was also a year of other disasters, Herald of Free Enterprise, Kings Cross Fire, and a rather big storm. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Takeover update from Gallen:

Supporters were left hoping that Gallen’s change of status indicated that a takeover could be close.

“Not that I know of,” he responded. “I knew we were getting close in the summer. I’ve spoken to prospective buyers a few times in the last 12 months. In the summer I was talking to them about transfer targets because if they came through the door they needed to be aware who we were looking at signing.

“Unfortunately it looks like that has gone back into the background. It will still come back, I just don’t know when.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-transfer-chief-we-cant-have-repeat-of-last-summers-signing-spree-it-throws-up-too-many-problems/

Roland has backed LB to the extent that he’s been able to sign 15 quality players to add to the quality players LB wanted to keep. He’s bought into the dream. He’s not selling.
    Why did he recently say the priority is still to sell the club?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

Supporters were left hoping that Gallen’s change of status indicated that a takeover could be close.

“Not that I know of,” he responded. “I knew we were getting close in the summer. I’ve spoken to prospective buyers a few times in the last 12 months. In the summer I was talking to them about transfer targets because if they came through the door they needed to be aware who we were looking at signing.

“Unfortunately it looks like that has gone back into the background. It will still come back, I just don’t know when.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-transfer-chief-we-cant-have-repeat-of-last-summers-signing-spree-it-throws-up-too-many-problems/

Roland has backed LB to the extent that he’s been able to sign 15 quality players to add to the quality players LB wanted to keep. He’s bought into the dream. He’s not selling.
    Errrm.....excuse me for asking but is that a serious question?
  • Options
    Dear oh dear 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

I’m asking how has he “bought into the dream”, he’s still talking about selling. It’s no dream to him, just gives him a better chance of getting his money back.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

I’m asking how has he “bought into the dream”, he’s still talking about selling. It’s no dream to him, just gives him a better chance of getting his money back.
    His dream is now Premier league money to pillage. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

It’s on an old 8 track recording that’s playing on a loop...
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

Because he has verbal diarrhoea.

And is a pillock. 
    This thread was started by HI in April 2017. Surely you don’t still think the club will be sold anytime soon do you ?
  • Options
    Now is the best opportunity that Roland has to sell - we may not be as attractive as we are right now for many more years. Get it done you old scrote.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Now is the best opportunity that Roland has to sell - we may not be as attractive as we are right now for many more years. Get it done you old scrote.
    The best opportunity for a sale will be between February and May if we are in the mix for the automatics or a play off place. Nobody will pay the price before then and after we are promoted they won’t be able to afford the club for another 12 months. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

And is a pillock. 
    This thread was started by HI in April 2017. Surely you don’t still think the club will be sold anytime soon do you ?
    He won't sell anytime soon, but he still thinks he might do. Therefore we won't be seeing things that suggest he's planning to be here longer term, such as Bowyer given a longer contract and more permanent signings instead of loanees.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

And is a pillock. 
    He won't sell anytime soon, but he still thinks he might do. Therefore we won't be seeing things that suggest he's planning to be here longer term, such as Bowyer given a longer contract and more permanent signings instead of loanees.
    My not ITK reading of the situation is that now LB has said he’d sign a 2 year deal RD will be on the phone and asking him how much money he wants. As for more permanent signings instead of loanees ?, that’s something that is dependent upon how the team is performing as the months go on and who is performing, or not. Personally, I think LB has got the balance of perms and loans just  right atm and this isn’t the time to change it.
  • Options
    We'll see on Bowyer's contract. Roland's concern was that new owners might want their own manager so he didn't want to give Bowyer a longer deal. I don't see that changing just a few months after he last signed a contract.

It's clear we bring in loans because we don't have the budget for permanent signings. That means paying out transfer fees and handing out more longer term contracts. As with Bowyer's contract that points towards Roland not looking too far beyond this season.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Scoham said:
    We'll see on Bowyer's contract. Roland's concern was that new owners might want their own manager so he didn't want to give Bowyer a longer deal. I don't see that changing just a few months after he last signed a contract.

It's clear we bring in loans because we don't have the budget for permanent signings. That means paying out transfer fees and handing out more longer term contracts. As with Bowyer's contract that points towards Roland not looking too far beyond this season.
    LB is rapidly becoming the hottest ticket in town and the model of give him a budget and let him get on with it is the ideal one. RD will want to keep him in situ whether he is selling the club or not and, in fact, he’s already demonstrated that when he doubled LB’s wages this summer. Now that the first few games in the Championship have shown we can compete, giving LB a 2 year contract and offering another increase or performance related one looks to be a no-brainier. If anything it will add to the attraction in a sale, not a distraction.

The time to think about more permanent contracts and less loans is December to May when we start to see whether we do have a chance to challenge for promotion or not and, if so, which players are likely to cut it in the PL. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

LB is rapidly becoming the hottest ticket in town and the model of give him a budget and let him get on with it is the ideal one. RD will want to keep him in situ whether he is selling the club or not and, in fact, he’s already demonstrated that when he doubled LB’s wages this summer. Now that the first few games in the Championship have shown we can compete, giving LB a 2 year contract and offering another increase or performance related one looks to be a no-brainier. If anything it will add to the attraction in a sale, not a distraction.

The time to think about more permanent contracts and less loans is December to May when we start to see whether we do have a chance to challenge for promotion or not and, if so, which players are likely to cut it in the PL. 
    Agree giving Bowyer a longer contract is a no brainer. It was also a no brainer back before we won at Wembley. Unfortunately RD didn't agree and nearly let him go, though at least he saw sense in the end.

For RD he wants to make the club as attractive as possible to sell - but it's based on his logic, not what we as fans would see as common sense. RD sees a manager tied down potentially putting a new buyer off, even though we know we have our best manager in years.

The time to think about more permanent contracts over loanees is when we have an owner interested in the longer term. That's not RD now and very unlikely he ever will be.

Gallen said himself we can't be signing so many players again next summer. That can only happen if enough of the squad are on longer contracts.
  • Options
    It’s happening imminently!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!