Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1989, Sky TV begins broadcasting.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Jeez. Listening to Bob Radcliffe of Ineos talking about them just buying Nice FC on BBC5L Sportsweek. What a nasty man. Casually moaning that Bury FC was unsustainable because they couldn't sell replica shirts and their ground is four times too big for them. Oh, and it "will take time" to get rid of racist chanting at Nice.

Be careful what we wish for.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    1987- I got married. 

So did I - and she's still suffering!
    Like I always say, it was a life sentence but I got time off for bad behavior. 
    It was also a year of other disasters, Herald of Free Enterprise, Kings Cross Fire, and a rather big storm. 
    I attended the Kings Cross fire. 
    Something I will never forget. 

Yet you still get ignorant pricks smoking on the tube, I saw one a few weeks back.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Takeover update from Gallen:

Supporters were left hoping that Gallen’s change of status indicated that a takeover could be close.

“Not that I know of,” he responded. “I knew we were getting close in the summer. I’ve spoken to prospective buyers a few times in the last 12 months. In the summer I was talking to them about transfer targets because if they came through the door they needed to be aware who we were looking at signing.

“Unfortunately it looks like that has gone back into the background. It will still come back, I just don’t know when.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-transfer-chief-we-cant-have-repeat-of-last-summers-signing-spree-it-throws-up-too-many-problems/

Roland has backed LB to the extent that he’s been able to sign 15 quality players to add to the quality players LB wanted to keep. He’s bought into the dream. He’s not selling.
    Why did he recently say the priority is still to sell the club?
    Because he has verbal diarrhoea.

And is a pillock. 
    This thread was started by HI in April 2017. Surely you don’t still think the club will be sold anytime soon do you ?
    He won't sell anytime soon, but he still thinks he might do. Therefore we won't be seeing things that suggest he's planning to be here longer term, such as Bowyer given a longer contract and more permanent signings instead of loanees.
    Once Bauer stuck the ball in the net, we were not being sold in the immediate future.
  • Options
    1988, Sandy Lyle becomes the first British winner of The U.S. Masters.
    Most importantly Dazzler was born.
  • Options
    razil said:
    Jeez. Listening to Bob Radcliffe of Ineos talking about them just buying Nice FC on BBC5L Sportsweek. What a nasty man. Casually moaning that Bury FC was unsustainable because they couldn't sell replica shirts and their ground is four times too big for them. Oh, and it "will take time" to get rid of racist chanting at Nice.

Be careful what we wish for.
    So you’re saying a nasty man bought Nice, which isn’t nice and will take some time to make it nice?
    That post definitely takes the biscuit...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Now I know what's wrong with the world.  :smile:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Mr Dazzler wasn’t he the fella that invented “walking football” 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Mr Dazzler wasn’t he the fella that invented “walking football” 😉
    Dazzler won the Charlton Life FC 'Golden Slug' award. As you might have guessed, pace wasn't really something he was blessed with. 

But like Stevie Brown, he never let you down. :smile:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    First visit to The Valley was just after Jimmy Seed died. Dec ‘66 for the Millwall game. Next visit was when my mum opened the Jimmy Seed Stand. More recently it has become an unexpected second home, and I’m sure JS would understand. 
    Am currently reading the “Jimmy Seed Story”, his autobiography.  What a gentleman, even in the face of his sacking.  The book was one of three, a box set.  The others are Sam Bartram and Eddie Firmani.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    1987- I got married. 

So did I - and she's still suffering!
    Like I always say, it was a life sentence but I got time off for bad behavior. 
    It was also a year of other disasters, Herald of Free Enterprise, Kings Cross Fire, and a rather big storm. 
    I attended the Kings Cross fire. 
    Something I will never forget. 
    I covered it for the news. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    First visit to The Valley was just after Jimmy Seed died. Dec ‘66 for the Millwall game. Next visit was when my mum opened the Jimmy Seed Stand. More recently it has become an unexpected second home, and I’m sure JS would understand. 
    Am currently reading the “Jimmy Seed Story”, his autobiography.  What a gentleman, even in the face of his sacking.  The book was one of three, a box set.  The others are Sam Bartram and Eddie Firmani.
    Originally published in 1957. I get a little mention :-)
    The cover of the (unauthorised) CAFC reprint that you have, used a photo of JS when he was manager of Millwall, and he’s surrounded by Millwall players. 
  • Options
    That’s interesting James.  Why “unauthorised” I wonder.  It was re-issued by the club, the original publishers having been absorbed by JM Dent and Sons.
  • Options
    My birth year. Disappointed, yet wholly expected we've gotten this far
  • Options
    That’s interesting James.  Why “unauthorised” I wonder.  It was re-issued by the club, the original publishers having been absorbed by JM Dent and Sons.
    Unauthorised by the family of Jimmy Seed. In case you missed it, @JamesSeed is his grandson.
  • Options
    This is the takeover thread, right?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Whatever gave you that idea? I thought it was just for random posting?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Whatever gave you that idea? I thought it was just for random posting?
    We're only posting to please Henry. :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    This just popped up in my YouTube suggestions...

https://youtu.be/PD3vZvopE24

Also bumping this thread to avoid confusion on t'other thread.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    This just popped up in my YouTube suggestions...

https://youtu.be/PD3vZvopE24

Also bumping this thread to avoid confusion on t'other thread.
    15 minutes of total bull****!
  • Options
    Selling the club is still Duchatelet's primary aim. 
    Keeping costs,and so losses, down until that happens is his other priority.

When serious building work starts again on the training ground then we'll have an owner who isn't planning to sell.

There were buyers out there in the summer, Gallen said he spoke to them. Dalmen hasn't gone away.

There will be new and renewed interest because we're second. If we are still doing well in November/December then that interest will only increase. 

Unfortunately most likely so will Duchatelet's unrealistic valuation.

We'll be sold IMHO unexpectedly and with little or no prelude.  We'll wake up to a story from @Ollywozere on the OS telling us it's done.

When that will be I don't know.
    I agree, however the unfortunate fact is that our owner is also a greedy, deluded Shitweasel who is currently, and will always, want too much for the club.  There were no shortage of suitors in the past, but even those with superhuman levels of stamina and patience have had to face this reality and have subsequently fooked off.

I can't see this changing, ever.

When he kiffs it....we might have a chance, unless his son is a chip of the same bafflingly obtuse block.

I have given up all hope of us being sold within the next few years.  The one factor that needs to change for things to move forward is still the same, i.e the Shitweasel! 
  • Options
    The Copyright rests with the estate/family for 70 years after the death of the author. I don’t think the club realised that. 
  • Options
    I missed my birth year page 1987😂
  • Options
    edited September 2019

• Options
    Jessie said:
    I missed my birth year page 1987😂
    You just shaved two years off your age. Result.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    The Copyright rests with the estate/family for 70 years after the death of the author. I don’t think the club realised that. 
    Think it's 70 years from publication where a work has been published, although that makes no difference in this case.
  • Options
    COME ON! SOMEBODY PLEASE BUY THIS CLUB!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!