Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    De Turck and the takeover nonsense was rumbled so that's him finished, Gallen doing a great job so well deserved. Doesn't seem like good news regarding the imminence of a takeover that's for sure but anything that helps keep the Gallen / Bowyer / Jackson combination at the club is more important than that at the moment in my eyes although that and a new owner with bundles of cash to invest would be the ideal - cue the 'I'd take relegation to the conference if it meant RD going merchants'.    
  • Options
    It's a deserved honour for Steve Gallen who is a great guy and a great scout.

He is also a good foil for Bowyer.  

And he's sharp enough to play politics when he needs to. The "Driesen still approves transfers" comment and his other comment, also at the fans forum, playing down Bowyer's frustrated comments to the SLP after no money was provided to replace Grant, show he can operate at a senior level with sharks.

At least Bromley Addicks can return to our traditional end of season meeting with a director @Tracey
    You can’t have a director who is accountable to an employee who isn’t one, so it puts him above Bowyer in the hierarchy.

I suspect it’s a cost-saving measure to avoid replacing De Turck, who has gone missing since Wembley. If Gallen is overseeing the business side that’s remarkable.

It's also inept PR to allow it to leak out and prompt speculation. Looking at you, Tom...
    Good point about LB being an employee and SG a director. I wonder if that has been considered by RD.

LDT not gone, or at least not yet.

It is poor PR management but I won't be surprised to hear that the Comms team weren't told.
  • Options

And he's sharp enough to play politics when he needs to. The "Driesen still approves transfers" comment and his other comment, also at the fans forum, playing down Bowyer's frustrated comments to the SLP after no money was provided to replace Grant, show he can operate at a senior level with sharks.

At least Bromley Addicks can return to our traditional end of season meeting with a director @Tracey
    You can’t have a director who is accountable to an employee who isn’t one, so it puts him above Bowyer in the hierarchy.

I suspect it’s a cost-saving measure to avoid replacing De Turck, who has gone missing since Wembley. If Gallen is overseeing the business side that’s remarkable.

It's also inept PR to allow it to leak out and prompt speculation. Looking at you, Tom...
    Not really a leak if it’s announced on companies house website. Also what’s the relevance of De Turk? Wasn’t he essentially a minister without portfolio.
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Not really a leak if it’s announced on companies house website. Also what’s the relevance of De Turk? Wasn’t he essentially a minister without portfolio.
    De Turck has been de facto chief executive because all spending decisions had to be signed off by him. 

I don’t think advising Companies House as required by law amounts to an announcement. It’s allowing the story to get away from you by not giving it any context, truthful or otherwise.

It’s amateurish but of course if you work for Duchatelet it will be hard to be professional.
  • Options
    Great news, Gallen being a director can only be a good thing. 

I’d love to know the reasoning behind this decision. Surely the club have to release a statement soon? 
  • Options
    heard its going to be J.A Waldegrave - what a coup this will be - knows the game inside out and a local lad, spending his early years in the academy that is Alderwood School
  • Options
    Are things about to shift around the u-bend?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    heard its going to be J.A Waldegrave - what a coup this will be - knows the game inside out and a local lad, spending his early years in the academy that is Alderwood School
    I heard it was Remus Lupin
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    ??
  • Options
    So when was the last sighting of Lickspittle? Pre Wembley?
  • Options
    I assume there is good reason to believe this is genuine, and that the person who "resigned" KM on the Companies House website hasn't been busy again???
  • Options
    I know whar you mean NO1R$M but Cawley has tweeted it as well. Cawley wouldn't run with it unless he 100% knows and he has a good relationship with Gallen and Bowyer, hence the transfer updates. 
  • Options

More like a minister without a bloody clue!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    ??
    Ackworth
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    1986, Charlton return to Division 1 after an absence of 29 years. Also Freddie Starr ate a live hamster.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    A school I went too. We had a football lesson once.
  • Options
    Still leaves a lot of questions.

Why now?

Why is SG a director but LDT, the supposed CEO, not

Is SG director of football?

Is SG now LBs boss?
  • Options
    Struth, hopefully now he can afford a new shirt. He’s had that one on since the playoffs. ;)
  • Options
    Still leaves a lot of questions.

Why now?

Why is SG a director but LDT, the supposed CEO, not

Is SG director of football?

Is SG now LBs boss?
    What’s the exit strategy? 
  • Options
    Same shirt since september 2018 no less
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    ??
    Ackworth
    Nah - Colin.
  • Options
    It’s happening 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!