Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1987, The Great Storm, 23 people were killed & millions of pounds worth of property was damaged as hurricane force winds ravaged the South East.
  • Options
    1987, The Great Storm, 23 people were killed & millions of pounds worth of property was damaged as hurricane force winds ravaged the South East.
    and we lost part of our roof 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    And I had the day off school!  Drew a picture of a fallen tree on the Shirley (sp?) bye pass, for a school project the following Monday. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    heard its going to be J.A Waldegrave - what a coup this will be - knows the game inside out and a local lad, spending his early years in the academy that is Alderwood School
    Acworth?!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    stonemuse said:
    And I had the day off school!  Drew a picture of a fallen tree on the Shirley (sp?) bye pass, for a school project the following Monday. 
    We had a power cut for two weeks! 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    stonemuse said:
    We had a power cut for two weeks! 
    The night @Live by the sword was born.
  • Options
    And I earned a fortune working in Homebase that day as my school was shut & they were desperate for staff. Kerching!
  • Options
    1987 - I was born...and slept through the hurricane.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1987 - Your favourite lifer is born 😎
  • Options
    We had a tree fall down into the front garden narrowly missing the house.
  • Options
    6 pages too early for that!  ;)
  • Options
    And famously, Sevenoaks lost 6 of the 7 oaks that gave it it's name!
  • Options
    1987 - I was born...and slept through the hurricane.

Thanks
  • Options
    And famously, Sevenoaks lost 6 of the 7 oaks that gave it it's name!
    Yeah, Sevenoaks became Singleoaks, as people at the time started calling it.

Then the council planted 7 new oak trees alongside, the surviving tree ..... and Singleoaks became Eightoaks.

Or something like that.

• Options
    My first year at Uni. A massive tree fell over and blocked the entrance .

Didn't pay much attention to football that season until the following year when I dragged 2 friends along to "battle of the bridge "!
  • Options
    Started work at 5am, no trouble driving there although things like dustbins blowing about. First I realised how bad it was when the rest of the staff turned up late and I was told that just after I had driven down the tree lined road to my firm, one of the trees blew down across the whole of the road. When your lucks in  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What will be the last “the year I was born!” page?  I’m guessing page 1998, surely anyone under 21 thinks they’re too hip for this thread?
  • Options
    1987- I got married. 
  • Options
    What will be the last “the year I was born!” page?  I’m guessing page 1998, surely anyone under 21 thinks they’re too hip for this thread?
    1996 here. I am too hip for this site I think. Jk love it
  • Options
  • Options
    1987- I got married. 
    My commiserations
  • Options
    1987- I got married. 
    I got divorced. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    1987- I got married. 
    I got divorced. 
    My Congratulations?
  • Options