Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1990, English & French Channel Tunnel workers meet 40 metres under English Channel as Britain & France are connected by land for the first time in over 8,000 years.
  • Options
    Italia 90. Nessun dorma. My honeymoon.
  • Options
    "Nobody shall sleep". Very apt for a honeymoon :smile:
  • Options
    1990, English & French Channel Tunnel workers meet 40 metres under English Channel as Britain & France are connected by land for the first time in over 8,000 years.
    Bloody hell, 40 metres, is that as much as the French could manage?
    Left the other 22 miles or so to us - and I bet we found them sat around a mahogany table with a variety of interesting cheeses and a vintage Bordeaux.  ;)

playing petanque
  • Options
    Duchatelet and the club have supposedly entered new plans for the training ground development? 

Back to square -1
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    "Nobody shall sleep". Very apt for a honeymoon :smile:
    None shall sleep.......to be exact.
  • Options
    So, as many of us predicted, Roland ain't going anywhere soon.
  • Options
    Alas, Roland Duchatelet red and white army has got a certain ring to it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    That’s interesting James.  Why “unauthorised” I wonder.  It was re-issued by the club, the original publishers having been absorbed by JM Dent and Sons.
    The Copyright rests with the estate/family for 70 years after the death of the author. I don’t think the club realised that. 
    Think it's 70 years from publication where a work has been published, although that makes no difference in this case.
    It has been published of course. 
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    So, as many of us predicted, Roland ain't going anywhere soon.
    Indeed, we will continue to be Shitweaseled for the forseeable future.....
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    That’s interesting James.  Why “unauthorised” I wonder.  It was re-issued by the club, the original publishers having been absorbed by JM Dent and Sons.
    The Copyright rests with the estate/family for 70 years after the death of the author. I don’t think the club realised that. 
    Think it's 70 years from publication where a work has been published, although that makes no difference in this case.
    I see that when Charlton republished the book in 1996 as part of a three book set they also claimed the copyright.  Whatever - it’s a great read for all who remember the great Jimmy Seed.  Thoroughly recommended.

Now go away Roland.
  • Options
    I went out to Italia 90 too, Weegie. Not for my honeymoon though!

Went to Napoli to see England v Cameroon in the Quarter Final.

Don't know how we got out alive, having been bombed with drinks bottles from Italy fans in the upper tier above us.
    Then the mob were all waiting for us outside after the game finished.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Oggy Red said:
    I went out to Italia 90 too, Weegie. Not for my honeymoon though!

Went to Napoli to see England v Cameroon in the Quarter Final.

Don't know how we got out alive, having been bombed with drinks bottles from Italy fans in the upper tier above us.
    Then the mob were all waiting for us outside after the game finished.

We stayed in Tuscany and went to two matches in Florence (Czechoslovakia v USA, Czechoslovakia v Austria) and one in Bologna (Yugoslavia v Colombia).

We also drove all the way to Genoa aiming to buy tickets on the day (which was the norm back then) for Scotland v Costa Rica. However only tickets left were in the top category at over £100 each - we decided to leave those to the Tartan Army. Given the result (1-0 Costa Rica), a wise decision.

Watched most other matches in bars and restaurants - a fab trip.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I see that when Charlton republished the book in 1996 as part of a three book set they also claimed the copyright.  Whatever - it’s a great read for all who remember the great Jimmy Seed.  Thoroughly recommended.

Now go away Roland.
    They might have put 'Copyright CAFC' in the book, but it wasn't and isn't their copyright. The club have acknowledged this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This should stop any lingering discussion about potential relocation to the peninsula.

https://853london.com/2019/09/11/morden-wharf-1500-homes-planned-for-major-greenwich-peninsula-site/
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    COME ON! SOMEBODY PLEASE BUY THIS CLUB!
    No longer required, RD has funded and backed LB well in the transfer window, LB said himself this morning on Talkshite that RD has not spoken to him since the window closed leaving him to get on with running the team.

Fans are returning in their droves, season ticket sales are strong and the merch is flying off the shelves in the club shop.

CARD is very quiet, protests are non existent and everyone loves each other on here.

May as well close the thread until we lose three games on the bounce or we get relegated then it will all be RD's fault again.  
    HEAD.IN.SAND. 
    @eaststandmike is a staunch boycotter.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I think @eaststandmike is being tongue in cheek there. Isn’t he a staunch “not a penny more “
    Fair enough if that’s the case, but there are definitely increasing amounts of fans who do actually believe that. 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I think @eaststandmike is being tongue in cheek there. Isn’t he a staunch “not a penny more “
    Fair enough if that’s the case, but there are definitely increasing amounts of fans who do actually believe that. 
    Some have short memories and are easily swayed.

Beware of pigeons flying over head.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    COME ON! SOMEBODY PLEASE BUY THIS CLUB!
    No longer required, RD has funded and backed LB well in the transfer window, LB said himself this morning on Talkshite that RD has not spoken to him since the window closed leaving him to get on with running the team.

Fans are returning in their droves, season ticket sales are strong and the merch is flying off the shelves in the club shop.

CARD is very quiet, protests are non existent and everyone loves each other on here.

May as well close the thread until we lose three games on the bounce or we get relegated then it will all be RD's fault again.  
    Can’t even be bothered to address the rest of the post but how exactly does scraping together frees and loans equate to funding us? He made ~2 million on Grant and ~1.5 million on Dijksteel and we spent, what, 300k on Purrington? We were struggling to match the wages offered by league one clubs for god sake. 
    I was assuming it was a whoosh @eaststandmike
  • Options
    @JamesSeed - any update from your Aussie buddies (apart from the Ashes)?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!