Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1984, The Royal Naval Dockyard at Chatham closes after more 414 years.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Not been on this thread for a few weeks. Disappointed that it has only reached page 1983
    You peasants do not appreciate the mystical power of numbers.

The takeover will happen when the year coincides with the number of pages on this thread.
  • Options
    Yeah, but more importantly I became a proud Dad when my daughter was born.

• Options
    It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was
    the winter of despair when the January window opened in 2020 for CAFC.

2020 vision from Charlie D back in 1859 looking at the further tenure of the Douchebag.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    More relevantly for this forum
    1984 Charlton go into administration, and a rescue package is approved with only half an hour to spare before the Football League deadline.
    And those were the days when the Football League had proper deadlines. 
  • Options
    It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was

2020 vision from Charlie D back in 1859 looking at the further tenure of the Douchebag.
    Charlie Drake?
  • Options
    And the year of George Orwell's famous book with many a prophecy that didn't happen in 1984 - but appear to be happening now...
  • Options

Charlie Drake?
    Hello my darlings.

You hit the post, but 100 years out.
     ;) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Charlie Drake?
    No, Darwin!
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    1984 Charlton go into administration, and a rescue package is approved with only half an hour to spare before the Football League deadline.
    Only to ship us off to a s**t ground owned by a s**t owner, but at least we were saved for a while, which gave us hope, come on down Lennie
  • Options
    Just to confirm, I was not born in 1984. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    aliwibble said:
    And those were the days when the Football League had proper deadlines. 
    Yeah was just thinking if the EFL would have extended the deadline for us like they have of late
  • Options

Charlie Drake?
    I used to work as a reporter on a couple of Provincial Weeklies; 

It was the Bicester Times, it was the Worcester Times.
    What the Dickens !

This is in my favourite 100 gags.

I claim the assist.  (Think Jonny Williams)
  • Options
    What I would give for even a rumour of a takeover! 
  • Options
    IanJRO said:
    I can make one up if you want? 
  • Options
    IanJRO said:
    I can make one up if you want? 

Might as well!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IanJRO said:
    There is a rumour of a takeover

somewhere  :)
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    IanJRO said:
    There is a rumour of a takeover

somewhere  :)
    "Over the rainbow .... "

• Options
    edited August 2019
    seth plum said:
    1984 is an astonishing work. You don't have to accept the whole premis of everything in it, but it is a masterpiece. The control freak in me would make it compulsory for everybody to read.
    What, like in some sort of Orwellian dictatorship? ;-)  
  • Options
    Christ is this thread still going.

Here's a prediction. 2022. We're in the premier league and there's a banner with "Roland 100%" on the forum header.
    Murray goes full circle back to hero from zero.
  • Options
    Christ is this thread still going.

Here's a prediction. 2022. We're in the premier league and there's a banner with "Roland 100%" on the forum header.
    Murray goes full circle back to hero from zero.

King Richard the
  • Options
    Page 4 - probably a record low since this thread launched. Poor @happyvalley having to keep an eye on this glacier.
  • Options
    Thread just taking a breather before the next big news story.
  • Options
    I am old enough to have played the original version of this genre and remember the weird names of the players like Brian Plank, the halcyon days of FIFA 94, before football really sold its soul.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!