Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited December 2017
  • Steve McLaren, & Chris Powell to reform the management team that assured Derby of mid table stability last season?
  • Any chance that the '' problem '', that arose in DD was Katrien and this was resolved and talks continued by her resigning? We are being told she resigned start of Dec, timescales match up?
  • For me he talks to much when he might not have the information to back up his claims. But and a big but is the fact that he quite clearly cares about the club and the squad he has built, I would give him until the end of the season minimum with an owner that backs him he could be exactly what this club needs. P.s get a plan b Karl or I look a bit of a penis.
  • edited December 2017
    I hope to god the takeover is not by an American named John Jay Moores. He tried (and failed) to buy Everton two years ago and last year bailed out of taking over Forest at the last minute.

I have seen him in action for The San Diego Padres. He loves to make real estate deals around stadiums and invests early-on and then stops. Its his MO. Invest to get the locals to pony up tax dollars, then milk the value of the real estate, stop spending and then let it deteriorate. After a decade of milking, sells at a profit and moves on to his next target.

I worry JJM would salivate at the real estate possibilities of The Valley. He wants a club. He has the money. I pray it is not him.
  • I hope to god the takeover is not by an American named John Jay Moores. He tried (and failed) to buy Everton two years ago and last year bailed out of taking over Forest at the last minute.

I have seen him in action for The San Diego Padres. He loves to make real estate deals around stadiums and invests early-on and then stops. Its his MO. Invest to get the locals to pony up tax dollars, then milk the value of the real estate, stop spending and then let it deteriorate. After a decade of milking, sells at a profit and moves on to his next target.

I worry JJM would salivate at the real estate possibilities of The Valley. He wants a club. He has the money. I pray it is not him.

I wouldn’t worry, one of (probably?) hundreds ‘looking’ for a club. Unless it were to come from left field I have a feeling we’d have heard something about Americans.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think you are likely right. The thought or Moores just flew at me like a thunderbolt and it scared the crap out of me.
  • Addickted said:

iamdan said:

Passion from Karl, hope he stays and is backed.

Can't knock him for that interview, but it speaks volumes.

Pretty clear to me from that interview that when the new owners come in he's out the door. Shame really as he's been dealt a difficult hand in the last month or so.
    But how does he know that when he doesn’t even know who the new owners will be ?
  • I'm saying Swiss cottage and Gerrard Street.
  • A strange and unfathomable woman.
  • Yep, which was what I said yesterday. I think this is done. And if the £20M is true, and you add on the £57.5M of debt the new owners will have to take on or pay back, that would bring the enterprise value to £77.5M range I was predicting. (wink wink).

Please someone make him stop
    Don't stop Napa, don't stop.
  • As with a few others, I’ve never really taken to KR until that interview.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've got a bad feeling about this Aussie consortium
  • Even though it does sound like KR is saying it hasn't yet been done, I still reckon it must be.

Can't see why Meire would go if it hasn't. It might take months to go through DD and then sell and we'd need a CEO in that time.

Since when did we have a CEO?

I know what you mean ibborg....for me it would hinge on whether or not the mega rich guy (who’s name I have forgotten) is going to be a major player.
    I have never been quite sure if he showed interest initially as a part of the consortium scheme or has since decided he’s more interested in ‘flying solo’.
    I’ve never been clear on this and for me it’s always clouded the issue......when we talk of interest from Australia exactly who are we talking about.....a consortium with the now available major funding via Mr Megabucks.......or Mr Megabucks on his own?

I know what you mean ibborg....for me it would hinge on whether or not the mega rich guy (who’s name I have forgotten) is going to be a major player.
    I have never been quite sure if he showed interest initially as a part of the consortium scheme or has since decided he’s more interested in ‘flying solo’.
    I’ve never been clear on this and for me it’s always clouded the issue......when we talk of interest from Australia exactly who are we talking about.....a consortium with the now available major funding via Mr Megabucks.......or Mr Megabucks on his own?
    Andrew Muir.
  • I'm saying Swiss cottage and Gerrard Street.

All the London Aussies live in Swiss Cottage and go to party/eat around Soho...?
  • It's the unknown known that gets you rather than the known known
  • Andrew Muir.
  • Even though it does sound like KR is saying it hasn't yet been done, I still reckon it must be.

Can't see why Meire would go if it hasn't. It might take months to go through DD and then sell and we'd need a CEO in that time.

Since when did we have a CEO?
    Point taken. I meant we’d need someone somewhat in charge.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!