Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• She was in tears was she? I've been in tears the last three years for what you've done to my football club Katrien. Good riddance.

Can't help but like Robinson after that interview.

Just to remind any waverers (there can't be many, more likely none at all), just refer to the Dublin interview and Meire's behaviour at the two televised fan's forums.

Crocodile Tears.
    They could be real - eapecially if she was told to resign and she knows that in her early 30s her career has already peaked and she will never be in such a ‘powerful’ position again.

Despite the mistakes I think she really thinks she is fantastic and probably believes she has been judged harshly by our fans. I imagine that she is very upset about losing this job and I seriously doubt that he was her division to step down.
  • edited December 2017

She was in tears was she? I've been in tears the last three years for what you've done to my football club Katrien. Good riddance.

Can't help but like Robinson after that interview.

Just to remind any waverers (there can't be many, more likely none at all), just refer to the Dublin interview and Meire's behaviour at the two televised fan's forums.

Crocodile Tears.
  • bobcafc7 said:

From someone who spoke to Katrien yesterday at the club. “She said the takeover is long way off yet as they need to make sure
    They get the best package for the club and not a owner who is borrowing Money from the banks”

Happening in the next couple of hours then
  • I've got a bad feeling about this Aussie consortium

I know what you mean ibborg....for me it would hinge on whether or not the mega rich guy (who’s name I have forgotten) is going to be a major player.
    I have never been quite sure if he showed interest initially as a part of the consortium scheme or has since decided he’s more interested in ‘flying solo’.
    I’ve never been clear on this and for me it’s always clouded the issue......when we talk of interest from Australia exactly who are we talking about.....a consortium with the now available major funding via Mr Megabucks.......or Mr Megabucks on his own?
    Andrew Muir.
    Thanks RO.
  • Sponsored links:

• mogodon said:

bobcafc7 said:

From someone who spoke to Katrien yesterday at the club. “She said the takeover is long way off yet as they need to make sure
    They get the best package for the club and not a owner who is borrowing Money from the banks”

Sorry, but bullshit. Once Duchatalet decides to sell it will be to the person who gives him the best deal.

He is a billionaire - so money is probably all that matters - and has absolutely no affinity to Charlton. Why would be care about anything other than his bottom line?
    Agreed unless she meant money upfront etc... I just want it done soon as possible for the sake of the transfer window and thought it would be after Robinson’s comments last night so I hope she’s talking shit like usual.
  • Has anyone heard from Doucher? I hope he's ok!
  • Back briefly to the Robbo interview, I hope the new owners keep him on and give him the funds to be able to get in who he wants in January, then if by the end of the season we get promotion or are in the play-offs, keep him on, if not and its his transfer dealings, say thanks but no thanks. I think he deserves being given a chance with some funds available. He certainly has a passion for CAFC, and he has that against the background he has had to work within.

With you all the way there Red although, I would give Robbo a full season to get us up, with a squad of his making, and not just the next 4 month
  • I hope I am wrong but initially having seen Meire and Joyes' departures as a precursor for a sale within days I realised that this Duchatelet's Charlton.

So it is quite possible that Roland has let his CEO and FD depart, possibly having expected a completed sale by now, and so left the club even more rudderless than normal during a possible takeover and a vital transfer window.

People rightly celebrated the news that Meire was going and the belated admission that there were takeover talks taking place but we're not over the line just yet.

This with bells on.
  • bobcafc7 said:

Oh pleeeease!!!!!
    Goldfinger will go for whatever suits HIM best......he has not one single concern for the Addicks in any way shape or form and won’t give a shyte where the money comes from, be it Coutts on The Strand or Betty Hutchins post office account!
    cant find much about her online. apart from this... https://www.scrumalliance.org/community/profile/bhutchins4

American consortium possibly? can Napa or SDaddick shed any light?

part of a group called scrum. meaning:
    Scrum (n): A framework within which people can address complex adaptive problems, while productively and creatively delivering products of the highest possible value.

sounds good to me
  • I hope I am wrong but initially having seen Meire and Joyes' departures as a precursor for a sale within days I realised that this Duchatelet's Charlton.

So it is quite possible that Roland has let his CEO and FD depart, possibly having expected a completed sale by now, and so left the club even more rudderless than normal during a possible takeover and a vital transfer window.

People rightly celebrated the news that Meire was going and the belated admission that there were takeover talks taking place but we're not over the line just yet.

Totally agree with this. As you say, let’s hope you are wrong though.

I think this is plausible and posted this on the Joyes thread last night:
    A more likely scenario is that at least one departure (Meire) would have been agreed in principle with all relevant parties, including herself, back in October. The sale process then dragged on, possibly including another bid to consider, meaning the original timetable wasn't met. The original plan included a handover period up to the year end but was based on the assumption that the takeover would be announced in November / early December. So it's likely that Meire (and possibly Joyes) have already had around 8 weeks to explore other options.
  • edited December 2017

Who was the owner that he spoke to was it 2shitchalets or the new owners

good point
  • Sponsored links:

• I doubt Meire 'works a notice.'
    She can come and go as she pleases so doubt this was decided 3 months ago.
  • Whatever we think of RD, he's obviously a good business mind, so hopefully he wouldn't let his CEO go without being totally confident this is a done deal and thd transfer window is someone elses problem.

Maybe Probably wishful thinking.........
  • RD bought the club on 4th Jan, maybe he's waiting until the NY to officially sell? ...possibly tax benefits ?

You could well be right, but like you, I do hope you are wrong.
  • bobcafc7 said:

Oh pleeeease!!!!!
    Goldfinger will go for whatever suits HIM best......he has not one single concern for the Addicks in any way shape or form and won’t give a shyte where the money comes from, be it Coutts on The Strand or Betty Hutchins post office account!
    cant find much about her online. apart from this... https://www.scrumalliance.org/community/profile/bhutchins4

American consortium possibly? can Napa or SDaddick shed any light?

part of a group called scrum. meaning:
    Scrum (n): A framework within which people can address complex adaptive problems, while productively and creatively delivering products of the highest possible value.

sounds good to me
    The REAL Betty Hutchens remains an aloof and secretive mover and shaker in many things CAFC.
  • edited December 2017

Back briefly to the Robbo interview, I hope the new owners keep him on and give him the funds to be able to get in who he wants in January, then if by the end of the season we get promotion or are in the play-offs, keep him on, if not and its his transfer dealings, say thanks but no thanks. I think he deserves being given a chance with some funds available. He certainly has a passion for CAFC, and he has that against the background he has had to work within.

I agree with this but it is a gamble to give him money to spend and then move him on six months later and have a new chap come in with different plans.

I think they either leave him in place with the intention of it being a ‘permanent’ position or they give him half a season with a limited recruitment budget (loans and short term contracts). The latter is likely to be less successful and if that is the way they are leaning it, probably, makes more sense to get a new chap in straight away.
  • I'm still thinking that february or even march is the month we can celebrate.

Still two groups in the running does'nt signal very close to me.

If that was the case I don't know how we could sign anyone at all in January
  • 8weeks for Katy to find another mug ? Surely not it only took her 12 hours to review ,interview 24 applicants and select a manager ----- u know the " new Alex Furgison"

If that was the case I don't know how we could sign anyone at all in January
    Nothing new there then
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!