Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• On Kent Live paper, Clive Youlton idiot question poll. Do you want Duchatelet in the championship or without Duchatelet in League One ? The whole point is that Charlton are not going anywhere with Duchatelet. Is Clive Youlton on a Duchatelet Pitch retainer or something ?
  • Airman who is your money on as new owners ?.

Don’t have enough information.
  • Airman who is your money on as new owners ?.

Don’t have enough information.
    OK.
  • Swisdom said:

Airman who is your money on as new owners ?.

Airman who is your money on as new owners ?.

Yes, give us a sin
    Vincent Tan? At least the kit would remain red.
  • Wish we could just go back to the days of when Curbs and Gritt COSINED as manager
  • Airman suggesting in twitter that Joyes may now have resigned!
  • Joy oh Joy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bet the story is already out and embargoed for Monday
  • Sponsored links:

• Still no news yet? Not going to sleep until it's announced, will have to go and get some energy drinks.
  • Sale price won’t be more than the debt
  • edited December 2017

Yep, which was what I said yesterday. I think this is done. And if the £20M is true, and you add on the £57.5M of debt the new owners will have to take on or pay back, that would bring the enterprise value to £77.5M range I was predicting. (wink wink).

Please someone make him stop
    That's what happens when a yank decides to follow a club that he has no affinity with & only chose it because he liked the name & the badge. Probably thought it was owned by Charlton Heston.
  • Yep, which was what I said yesterday. I think this is done. And if the £20M is true, and you add on the £57.5M of debt the new owners will have to take on or pay back, that would bring the enterprise value to £77.5M range I was predicting. (wink wink).

RD can make me stop by selling!!!!!! It's all up to him.
  • edited December 2017

Yep, which was what I said yesterday. I think this is done. And if the £20M is true, and you add on the £57.5M of debt the new owners will have to take on or pay back, that would bring the enterprise value to £77.5M range I was predicting. (wink wink).

That's what happens when a yank decides to follow a club that he has no affinity with & only chose it because he liked the name & the badge. Probably thought it was owned by Charlton Heston.

"From my cold dead hands!!!"
  • dizzee said:

I cannot wait for my first match back!!!!!! I’ve missed it so much.

I hope you are saving up................its in Melbourne!!
  • dizzee said:

I cannot wait for my first match back!!!!!! I’ve missed it so much.

I hope you are saving up................its in Melbourne!!
    11.5km out

:wink:
  • Rothko said:

Roland Duchâtelet, the controversial owner of Charlton Athletic, has put the club up for sale and admitted that he should not have invested in football.

The Belgian bought Charlton nearly four years ago when they were in the Championship but has faced strong protests from supporters in recent seasons over the way that he has run the club, who are now in League One.

CARD (Coalition Against Roland Duchâtelet), a supporters’ group, have put pressure on him to either invest or sell his stake in the club. Stunts have included a mock funeral being held before kick-off, beach balls being thrown on the pitch and a pitch invasion.

Until now, Duchâtelet,71, had been adamant that he would not sell Charlton.

“I have not decided anything, I am open to possible offers, I will take the time to think, but contrary to popular belief I have not made any money from football, this rarely happens for investors, those who say otherwise are wrong,” Duchâtelet said.

Duchâtelet has controlled clubs in Germany, Spain and Hungary. He was forced to sell Standard Liège, the Belgian club, in 2015 when repeated fan protests turned aggressive. There were clashes with police near the stadium, a group of fans broke into Duchâtelet’s office and others stormed an event for sponsors, who had to ask the media to help them to safety.

Liège fans had similar grievances to Charlton’s, including the lack of reinvestment from the sale of their best players, such as Axel Witsel, and the sacking of favoured managers.

Duchâtelet sold Saint-Trond, the Belgian club, last month.

“It’s not that I’m fed up, I have other activities and my age,” he said. “Actually, I wanted to leave football after the sale of the Standard Liège. Football is an exciting world, but very complex: there is a lot of underground influences, we decide a lot about emotions, we make and break your image on the basis of rumours, social networks create real background slides that are difficult to answer.

“It was an interesting experience and I learned a lot about how social media have an impact on the psychology of masses and how they can influence decisions which affect many people.”

Looking at things from a different angle.

KM hands in notice towards the end of November. A few days later Duche states that he is looking to get out of football. Towards the end of December it is announced that KM is leaving after serving a months notice. Is Duche only selling because KM is going?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!