Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

a Colin on SE7 Valiants saying that our injured players all have pre agreements to be sold :lol:

He's also saying Robinson's already been told he'll be sacked when the deal goes through AND that Curbs and Varney are coming back as Manager and CEO respectively... :wink: Seriously.... these made up ITK lot do make me chuckle.

Thanks Colin
  • razil said:

Let’s face it if you were willing to invest millions would you really keep on someone else’s man, particularly when the track record of their tenure is so abysmal?

Meire probably knows this too and with the club up for sale (and so I was told face to face by a senior source, it would be sold - whatever that means) she’s not likely to hang about. Rather if it were you, you would want to start looking elsewhere ASAP or take a break and hope things blow over.

From Roleys perspective he’s looking for an exit so will get a pro to help or makedo using RM. Or if he has to hire some proven talent, he doesn’t want a puppet now, he want even less involvement.

Does it mean we’re closer to a sale? Maybe, is it better for CAFC? Who knows.

wait, are you saying Meire was really a man? Why didn’t you say before?
  • Addickted said:

Pedro45 said:

There is some wild speculation on here, unsurprisingly. I would caution that there is no evidence Varney is behind any current approach and that someone - almost certainly Murray, in my opinion - is continuing to brief that nothing is imminent. Other sources have been more encouraging.

It’s obviously likely that a potential takeover is a factor in Meire deciding to leave but in my view it is far from the full picture. She may have been unwilling to work through the January transfer window, for example.

And maybe she has got a job with another English club, and that would be seen as a conflict of interest if she remained in January during the transfer window?

Anyway, I'm glad she's gone; I'm glad Roland is communicating his desire to sell; and I am hopeful that a sale goes through sooner rather than later so we can start to build for next season very soon.
    This is why I am cautious (although I am not suggesting Murray is Sven’s source).

https://twitter.com/svenclaes/status/946363946302365701

I don't get this.

Surely if a sale is not imminent, then RD would have put in place at least a temporary replacement for KM. Surely RM cannot be filling in that role for the time being?

This is the key time for a CEO to be in place as the transfer window opens.
    You are missing one thing. She didn't actually do anything.
  • Dansk_Red said:

The Daily Express reporting Aussies buying for £20m.

If true... we're fucked. That'd mean the club maintains its debt to Roland.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Dansk_Red said:

Why does it mean that?
  • edited December 2017

Dazzler21 said:

Dansk_Red said:

Why does it mean that?
    Well Roland isn't going to write off the debt from the club is he?

I remember people banding around figures like £35m was just the debt a few pages back?
  • I am not saying that the figures were correct - just that the debt is likely more than £20m and I don't see Roland writing off a penny, because that'd be a loss and Roland doesn't lose or fail.

Apparently.
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

Oh no. Another debt conversation hoves into view.

Don't worry @NapaAddick will be on soon to explain it. ;)
  • edited December 2017
    Curb_It said:

PopIcon said:

It's the Express ffs, I would take all their drivel with a pinch of salt.

Exactly. The Express.

Why do people get so worked up? Let the facts com out first, the real facts and then worry / celebrate.

This ^ . Understandable mind you after the last four years but lots of bed wetting going on nonetheless.........Kay Sara Sara
  • seth plum said:

I am going to honour my vow for two season tickets once this happens.

And me, except I didn't make vow, just a few oaths.
  • The president is quiet, I presume he is the twitter account of the Belgium 20
  • The president is quiet, I presume he is the twitter account of the Belgium 20

Or he who must not be named.
  • edited December 2017

Dazzler21 said:

Dansk_Red said:

Why does it mean that?
    Agreed @Henry Irving

For any buyer looking in, the deal has always been c.£20m.

What RD wants is someone to pay for his mistakes, but that’s not how business works. He either has to accept his losses, or I would be worried (for us) for the business acumen of any potential purchasers...unless they were so loaded they thought £30-35m was loose change!!
  • vffvff
    edited December 2017

Dazzler21 said:

Dansk_Red said:

Think a deal involving repayment of the debt could be dependant on the club being promoted to the premier league in the same way in which the other sources of debt to directors are currently set up.
    Would need to see the terms of the deal. Duchatelet is a noxious skinflint & I can’t see him giving favourable terms on his debt.

Any continued Duchatelet control of the Valley would be appalling & not in the long or short term interests of the club. I would find it difficult to see how any change of ownership that included the Valley staying in Duchatelet’s hands as a good thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

The president is quiet, I presume he is the twitter account of the Belgium 20

Or he who must not be named.
    Voldemort?
  • Just hope that it gets sorted soon, I don't think I can handle too much more of this excitement / tension over this Festive period and what's more I don't want the Champagne getting too warm.
  • The club name may be embargoed til the 1st
  • Addickted said:

Pedro45 said:

There is some wild speculation on here, unsurprisingly. I would caution that there is no evidence Varney is behind any current approach and that someone - almost certainly Murray, in my opinion - is continuing to brief that nothing is imminent. Other sources have been more encouraging.

It’s obviously likely that a potential takeover is a factor in Meire deciding to leave but in my view it is far from the full picture. She may have been unwilling to work through the January transfer window, for example.

And maybe she has got a job with another English club, and that would be seen as a conflict of interest if she remained in January during the transfer window?

Anyway, I'm glad she's gone; I'm glad Roland is communicating his desire to sell; and I am hopeful that a sale goes through sooner rather than later so we can start to build for next season very soon.
    This is why I am cautious (although I am not suggesting Murray is Sven’s source).

I don't get this.

Surely if a sale is not imminent, then RD would have put in place at least a temporary replacement for KM. Surely RM cannot be filling in that role for the time being?

At a normal club yes, but this is Duchatelet's Charlton. For him the most significant window is the NHS help window in the ticket office. Let's face it, if Two Shats is selling later in the year, the transfer window probably won't be that important to him. Why would he want to sell any players? If the right preliminaries have been done, the value of the players will be included in the value of the club. Selling some off in January would only serve to decrease the total valuation of the club when it goes, so who bother. As for buying, does anyone really think he's going to make any significant acquisitions? Let's face it finishing first or second is realistically beyond us now. Even if Wigan and the Shrews blow up, there's still half a dozen better teams to nick their place. As for the play-offs, they are at best a 25% gamble and are looking increasingly unlikely anyway. Two Shats is a lot of things but he's not a gambler. The odds of promotion via the play-offs are unlikely to induce him into spending. The bottom line is, that for someone with his mentality there's absolutely no difference between 7th and 20th. Unless we are sold early, I predict a January so quiet that we won't need a gagged-CEO hanging around contributing nothing.

• Stig said:

Addickted said:

Pedro45 said:

I don't get this.

At a normal club yes, but this is Duchatelet's Charlton. For him the most significant window is the NHS help window in the ticket office. Let's face it, if Two Shats is selling later in the year, the transfer window probably won't be that important to him. Why would he want to sell any players? If the right preliminaries have been done, the value of the players will be included in the value of the club. Selling some off in January would only serve to decrease the total valuation of the club when it goes, so who bother. As for buying, does anyone really think he's going to make any significant acquisitions? Let's face it finishing first or second is realistically beyond us now. Even if Wigan and the Shrews blow up, there's still half a dozen better teams to nick their place. As for the play-offs, they are at best a 25% gamble and are looking increasingly unlikely anyway. Two Shats is a lot of things but he's not a gambler. The odds of promotion via the play-offs are unlikely to induce him into spending. The bottom line is, that for someone with his mentality there's absolutely no difference between 7th and 20th. Unless we are sold early, I predict a January so quiet that we won't need a gagged-CEO hanging around contributing nothing.

In 'most'of the business world a CEO does not just give a few days notice let alone 1 month, it would be more likely 6 as a minimum, to allow a proper exit process and replacement. That alone would perhaps suggest more has happened behind the scenes than is known.... Roland has pretty much said it in his text..
  • J BLOCK said:

Why is everyone against this Australian bid when we know next to nothing about it

think most people are still relating it to the original interest of AFC (Australian Football Consortium) who were struggling to raise the necessary funds.

However, the Aussies interested now, two of them I believe, one Andrew Muir, the other a Melbourne based Greek Australian, definitely have the funds needed.

Ah so when people refer to the Aussies its not the same as Andrew Muir with two bids from the Aussies and one from the Middle East?
  • J BLOCK said:

Why is everyone against this Australian bid when we know next to nothing about it

When it was 1st mentioned (pre-Muir) it was widely reported that they couldn't afford to buy the ground in the deal. Any deal must have the Valley and not Staprix debt and interest, otherwise I'd prefer no deal rather than a bad deal. Where have I heard that recently?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!