Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• That’s the way I see it the only news here is that KM is gone and that there’s talks ongoing

He already told us that in his news paper interview

The only new info is that she is going at the end of the month
  • edited December 2017
    Or never had confidence in her in the first place SHG :open_mouth:
  • RedChaser said:

I wonder who that might be ?

• edited December 2017

RedChaser said:

I wonder who that might be ?

Reg :wink:
  • I know nothing, don't know anyone who is ITK, but reading replies from a few that maybe I would say that Varney is one of those in the bidding & probably the one that RD would least like to sell to. I'm also hoping that the end of the year coinciding with the Belgian's end of tax year will mean a sale being concluded very soon.
  • Some people will go to any lengths to not have to go to Wigan.

You don’t need to Have an excuse not to go to Wigan #NoBrainer
  • Sponsored links:

• The first question to be asked is, why has Duchatelet told us this now? He has shown no interest in communicating with fans over four years. I think it may have a lot more to do with spinning Meire’s sudden departure than a desire to share takeover news.

You don't say "a takeover is now likely to take place" as RD is reported to have said by Jim White if that is not the case and the price has been agreed. Once you say that as a seller your chance of increasing the sales price has gone - and although RD is daft I don't think he is that daft when it comes to his own money.
  • Some of this depends on how much autonomy Meire actually had. Perhaps Duchatelet has finally realised after another year of failure that KM is not the best person to protect his ever decreasing asset.
  • edited December 2017
    Let’s face it if you were willing to invest millions would you really keep on someone else’s man, particularly when the track record of their tenure is so abysmal?

Meire probably knows this too and with the club up for sale (and so I was told face to face by a senior source, it would be sold - whatever that means) she’s not likely to hang about. Rather if it were you, you would want to start looking elsewhere ASAP or take a break and hope things blow over.

From Roleys perspective he’s looking for an exit so will get a pro to help or makedo using RM. Or if he has to hire some proven talent, he doesn’t want a puppet now, he want even less involvement.

Does it mean we’re closer to a sale? Maybe, is it better for CAFC? Who knows.
  • edited December 2017
    sm said:

The first question to be asked is, why has Duchatelet told us this now? He has shown no interest in communicating with fans over four years. I think it may have a lot more to do with spinning Meire’s sudden departure than a desire to share takeover news.

You don't say "a takeover is now likely to take place" as RD is reported to have said by Jim White if that is not the case and the price has been agreed. Once you say that as a seller your chance of increasing the sales price has gone - and although RD is daft I don't think he is that daft when it comes to his own money.
    He's been pretty daft with his money over the last four years. But leaving that to one side, it's pretty odd (or just plain amateurish) that the club has produced what will be an agreed statement and RD has then texted a journalist with a version that I would say is significantly different.

There's no claim made in either the club statement or RD's text that that Meire has quit because of a takeover, simply that she's been allowed to go [without serving her notice] and is not being replaced because of the likelihood of one.
  • I’ll be glad if/when this is all over so the digging out of fellow fans for one up manship is over and we can concentrate on what matters the 11 on the pitch

Good luck with that, it was happening long before Roland took over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Correct me if I am wrong, @Airman Brown (or anyone else who has looked at this), but did we not conclude that she is paid by Staprix (since we don't find her salary n the CAFC accounts)?

If that's true, then she would only stay on after a sale if the buyer thought she was so brilliant that they were ready to "transfer" her from Staprix. Can anyone imagine a buyer thinking she would be worth that?

But of course in Roland's parallel universe, ordinary mortals cannot see the genius he identifies, so we might see this as him being "loyal" to her by spinning it so that she doesn't lose career face in Belgium, which we have learnt is part of the culture there. I reckon she will in fact smoothly transition to another RD business, but he would not want to make that obviousto us vinegar -pissers. He wouldn't want to admit that she was always an employee of Staprix, would he?
  • DA9 said:

Am i weird for feeling emotional?

No.
    Davo told me this afternoon and I came over a bit unnecessary.
    If I wasn't going to work tomorrow I'd have drunk a lot of vinegar tonight.
  • edited December 2017

Correct me if I am wrong, @Airman Brown (or anyone else who has looked at this), but did we not conclude that she is paid by Staprix (since we don't find her salary n the CAFC accounts)?

If that's true, then she would only stay on after a sale if the buyer thought she was so brilliant that they were ready to "transfer" her from Staprix. Can anyone imagine a buyer thinking she would be worth that?

But of course in Roland's parallel universe, ordinary mortals cannot see the genius he identifies, so we might see this as him being "loyal" to her by spinning it so that she doesn't lose career face in Belgium, which we have learnt is part of the culture there. I reckon she will in fact smoothly transition to another RD business, but he would not want to make that obviousto us vinegar -pissers. He wouldn't want to admit that she was always an employee of Staprix, would he?

No, she said - and Joyes confirmed in writing - that she is employed and paid by CAFC Limited. We (including multiple accountants) simply believe that his explanation of why her salary paid by CAFC does not have to be declared in the accounts is nonsense.

In fact he says her salary is included in the total for key staff in the Baton accounts but claims it is exempt from disclosure as directors’ pay because she is paid as chief executive not as a director - even though the relevant statutory instrument explicitly sets out that payment to a director for any position of control must be declared as directors’ remuneration.
  • The way I read things I’d guess a sale is as near as dammit done and dusted hence KM departs. There is no logic to her walking away now when she could probably have got a pay off once the transfer of ownership goes through.

The comments about there being a preferred bidder and a not so preferred bidder why does everyone assume this is that Roland does not want to sell to them. If Richard Murray had a say in it and if Peter Varney is involved that would explain why they are not a preferred bidder

All things considered I would suspect that things will move very quickly from here. The injuries and slip in the form may have forced a new purchaserd hand to want to get things done quicker so as to avoid a completely wasted season
  • KM leaves the day before the transfer window opens

Oh no, who will secure the best prices for our premier league stars of the future :smirk:
  • edited December 2017
    razil said:

Swisdom said:

The way I read things I’d guess a sale is as near as dammit done and dusted hence KM departs. There is no logic to her walking away now when she could probably have got a pay off once the transfer of ownership goes through.

The comments about there being a preferred bidder and a not so preferred bidder why does everyone assume this is that Roland does not want to sell to them. If Richard Murray had a say in it and if Peter Varney is involved that would explain why they are not a preferred bidder

All things considered I would suspect that things will move very quickly from here. The injuries and slip in the form may have forced a new purchaserd hand to want to get things done quicker so as to avoid a completely wasted season

To be fair, with how we played first half against Southend, whos to say Karl didn't know about this already and pretty much told them to take it easy first half with the intent to "try" and save it second half

The whole 7am training could be a smart cover up

Maybe Karl knows what he is doing in time for January, eg takeover and funds

Stranger things have happened
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!