Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Where's the Charlton Life Takeover-o-meter when you need it
  • edited December 2017
    Deleted
  • A takeover must be imminent now.

RD was always so dependent on KM there's no way he'd hang around without KM any longer than he has to.

I would have said it was more the other way round.
  • seth plum said:

I angling to honour my vow for two season tickets once this happens.

Bagsy your spare!
  • Maybe she's messed up a sale and now Roland is taking charge to sell the club?
  • Sponsored links:

• Suggests negotiations are pretty far advanced if RD is pretty certain that no buyer would have kept KM. Is it this Belgian tax year of next when RD wants to take the tax losses?
  • Surely time for another thread title update?!?
  • Got to be ‘It’s happening!!!!’
  • Also I doubt RD would say that a change of ownership is likely if it wasn't as to do so would hardly reduce the losses - the Dark Ages are ending.
  • As a 'director', I would have thought this news could have been hidden at the bottom of a takeover announcement.

eg. As part of the takeover, Katrien Meire has also left her role at the club.

Rather than have a whole news story to herself.
  • Is this really happening? I can feel some of the apathy turn into hope. Please don't let it be false.
  • me too seth

Me three and four ...
  • Dirty old Harry Ramp has only leaked this to milk his last few quid out the club. Half season tickets will shift for sure now.
  • DA9 said:

Am i weird for feeling emotional?

Not one bit fella......you, like all of us, have been on board a roller coaster plane ride for four fecking years that was looking all but certain to crash but miraculously the pilots have somehow managed to get it back under control.
    Just the emergency landing to perform now and all should be well........let’s hope that will be quite soon.......the worst is over.
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:

Am i weird for feeling emotional?

Not one bit fella......you, like all of us, have been on board a roller coaster plane ride for four fecking years that was looking all but certain to crash but miraculously the pilots have somehow managed to get it back under control.
    Just the emergency landing to perform now and all should be well........let’s hope that will be quite soon.......the worst is over.
    shirley you cant be serious
  • Redhenry said:

Last I heard was a second bid went in. This was about 3-4 weeks ago. I haven't been told anything since. Sounds like it could be happening

Is this from the people that you were excited about ?
  • Any guesses as to the attendance at the first match after the grody Belgian has finally sold up?
  • sm said:

Suggests negotiations are pretty far advanced if RD is pretty certain that no buyer would have kept KM. Is it this Belgian tax year of next when RD wants to take the tax losses?
    I don’t think so. A blind man with no arms wouldn’t employ KM to wipe his nose let alone be CEO of a multi-million pound business.

I think you overestimate Miss Miere’s abilities and/or reputation - a lot!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!