Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Happy new year I’m thinking
  • She needs some flowers to be sent.
  • She needs some flowers to be sent.

Pint or half?
  • edited December 2017
    DA9 said:

Am i weird for feeling emotional?

No mate, same here!
  • micks1950 said:

a few on here 'in the know' and yet KM's resignation has not been mentioned at all. Are they as 'in the know' as they/we believe?

I don't think anyone ever suggested that Meire was their source (not even Doucher)?

And as for Doucher's probable source he didn't know either apparently:

Director Richard Murray added: “I was very surprised when Katrien told me she is stepping down and I am sad to see her go".
    Another great Murray-ism. It's likely Meire's departure date of 31 December was agreed back in October, but at this stage was assumed to include a handover period to the new owner. This particular scenario then dragged out, but it sounds like she didn't want to wait around any longer for the various bidders (as now being reported) to be played off against each other.
  • Redhenry said:

If it's the one I heard, money won't be an issue

Fingers crossed but I still think Duchatelet will not leave without a bombshell being dropped.
  • Sponsored links:

• 3blokes said:

:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

This was all down to you!
  • Well this is a very welcome belated Christmas gift. Clearly both parties are confident that this takeover will go ahead or Duchatelet would want Meire in post to negotiate any player contracts in January. I think we can all start to get excited now.

Someone needs to post that Roly It's Happening gif!
  • sm said:

Would suggest to me that the new owners saw enough during the due diligence not to want KM around for any handover - good sign that they have some judgement.

I'm sure KM is happy to leave anyway, she's got "CEO of a Football Club" on her cv, and no doubt will be very good at bullsh*tting away at job interviews about what a great job she did
  • We can see you sneaking out! :-)
  • Pubs to celebrate in before Wigan tomorrow?
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcwill said:

Can't have this drop to the second page

From past experience:
    Poor performance(s)
    +
    Strong Takeover rumours
    =
    Takeover happening very soon

When jimerez and co took over were had really bad form in league one

When Roland took over we were struggling in Championship

We are now in a bit of really bad form (and injuries) and takeovers are being strongly rumoured

Just hoping the pattern continues

Please Please Please

Oh hell yeah. Please be correct now!
  • 'Now likely that the club will change ownership'....from the horse's mouth...that's good enough for me.

I feel a big celebration is just around the corner!
  • Pubs to celebrate in before Wigan tomorrow?

The Anvil behind Wallgate station.
  • Don't know if there's any new info or if it's just a rehash, but this one's suggesting it's the Aussies.

http://www.football.london/championship/meire-charlton-athletic-muir-takeover-13997736
  • edited December 2017
    Stig said:

With the news that he's spend €4m on a farm to convert, he's going to want to cut his losses somewhere else. He'll also need to find 2% of his time for his Basil Fawlty work. Plus of course, no-one in their right mind would want to start such a public facing and easy to find business as a hotel when they still had so many enemies at large, it would be far to easy a target.

To me this all adds up to one thing: the fact that he's going.

Remember where you heard it first! :wink:
  • Well he's known for attention seeking, but didn't he get on well with both RD and KM when he was a guest or something along those lines?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!