Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Top day people asking why im walking around with a large smile on my face. Good riddance meire you was totally inept as ceo now just need the old lunatic to sell up and i can get my season ticket booked
  • 3blokes said:

Having read Scoham’s post on here, that has set off some alarm bells here, but the bit I am hanging on to is the line “ He’s very persistent and he loves the club”
    To this person - More strength to you, good luck and thank you.

Pure guess.......Paul Elliott I wonder?
  • 3blokes said:

Having read Scoham’s post on here, that has set off some alarm bells here, but the bit I am hanging on to is the line “ He’s very persistent and he loves the club”

I was thinking that. Not sure about the finances though.
  • 3blokes said:

Surely Varney.
    I reckon so...
  • 3blokes said:

Surely Varney.
    Yes.....could also be a good shout.
  • Sponsored links:

• 3blokes said:

Surely Varney.
    My impression too, but don’t call him Shirley :wink:

• Someone on FB is saying they were told a week ago that sale HAD been completed, now I usually take such things with a pinch of salt, however, KM leaving on Sunday, RD and RM running the club I cant see that would last more than a week or so. Couple that with the end of the Belgium tax year, (please see below for the Corporate Belgium tax year which finishes on Sunday 31st), I think the club will announce as being sold by next Tuesday (Monday being a Bank Holiday), just my supposition. -:

The assessment is based on the taxable income of a financial year. For the application of the rules on statutory limitations and of new laws, an assessment year is related to each taxable period. If the financial year corresponds with the calendar year, the assessment year is the following calendar year (e.g. financial year closing 31 December 2017 corresponds with assessment year 2018). If the financial year does not correspond with the calendar year, the assessment year, in principle, equals the calendar year during which the financial year ends (e.g. financial year closing 30 June 2017 corresponds with assessment year 2017).

Of course it could complete by the end of the year - Melexis has had a very good year and Rolly may want to get his tax losses in this year, rather than defer them to 2018 - announcing the departure of KM in advance could just be the clearing of the tables.
  • Do we know whether Duchatelet is in London or elsewhere?
  • sm said:

Do we know whether Duchatelet is in London or elsewhere?

Cloud cuckoo land so I believe, he went there after spending Christmas in La-La Land!!
  • I asked Paul Elliot if he was involved at the bttv dinner and he said “nothing I can say at the moment”

I did say to him that whoever comes in should give KR a chance as he’s already proved he can assemble a decent group - but it didn’t strike me that he was particularly close to any potential bid.

That said his wallet didn’t come out of his pocket all night so maybe he was holding on to the pennies!
  • sm said:

Do we know whether Duchatelet is in London or elsewhere?

He’s not even on the same planet
  • RD to still own some of the club?
  • Thought Elliott was fronting a consortium but they didn’t have the funds. RedHenry’s posts earlier were a lot more positive than the Belgium20’s.
  • Sponsored links:

@Valley27000 how do you know that? ITK?

@Valley27000 how do you know that? ITK?
    It's been suggested by someone on a forum they run.

Can I have a question on sport please, instead?
  • shirty5 said:

RD to still own some of the club?

You still after that orange cheese? :wink:
  • edited December 2017
    shirty5 said:

• shirty5 said:

You still after that orange cheese? :wink:

shirty5 said:

Very good FA; I was thinking more Trivial Persuit :wink:
  • I ain’t celebrating until the fukas have well and truely left the building

There’s been a few worrying posts that have mentioned RD’s preferred is the worst choice for us

If he wanted to be a vindictive old cnut then he could screw us even more

My champers is on Ice and corked

I’m with nla in this one. I’m not going to celebrate until I know who exactly is buying us. We are not out of the clatty just yet. Fingers crossed everything Redhenry alluded to are bang on.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!