Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited December 2017
    So do we think these buyers are no longer the Aussies? Or the red bull mob?

We can assume it's Varney with SCP waiting in the wings as manager ;-)
  • So do we think these buyers are no longer the Aussies? Or the red bull mob?

My money is on Varney’s lot.
  • So do we think these buyers are no longer the Aussies? Or the red bull mob?

Tell me why ;)
  • edited December 2017

So do we think these buyers are no longer the Aussies? Or the red bull mob?

Tell me why ;)
    It relates to @Redhenry comments on page 215 of this message thread. Plus I don’t beleive that the Aussie offer is big enough to convince RD to sell.
  • This is FANTASTIC news, however we much temper it with the huge unknowns ahead of us. I am waiting with baited breath to find out which mob of lunatics are next in line to run this great club...
  • edited December 2017
    Well, first off, this is great news!
  • edited December 2017
    The part about "not selling the debt" is exactly what I was posting about before. The only reason I can see him not selling the debt is a refusal to take a haircut. I hope the buyer has the cash to take the club, lock, stock and barrel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe the Saudis don’t want to work with a woman ...

Well that shouldn't have been an issue considering how much work she actually did in her time here.
  • There is some wild speculation on here, unsurprisingly. I would caution that there is no evidence Varney is behind any current approach and that someone - almost certainly Murray, in my opinion - is continuing to brief that nothing is imminent. Other sources have been more encouraging.

It’s obviously likely that a potential takeover is a factor in Meire deciding to leave but in my view it is far from the full picture. She may have been unwilling to work through the January transfer window, for example.
  • There is some wild speculation on here, unsurprisingly. I would caution that there is no evidence Varney is behind any current approach and that someone - almost certainly Murray, in my opinion - is continuing to brief that nothing is imminent. Other sources have been more encouraging.

It’s obviously likely that a potential takeover is a factor in Meire deciding to leave but in my view it is far from the full picture. She may have been unwilling to work through the January transfer window, for example.

And maybe she has got a job with another English club, and that would be seen as a conflict of interest if she remained in January during the transfer window?

Anyway, I'm glad she's gone; I'm glad Roland is communicating his desire to sell; and I am hopeful that a sale goes through sooner rather than later so we can start to build for next season very soon.

Or her new club wanted her in place for their Jan transfer window dealings.....to allow her to have time to snap up Charlton's promising defender Konsa for £150k!

All part of RDs plan to have the last passing shot at the protesters. Just like he did at Standard Liege when he sold Watt to Charlton for peanuts just before his exit.
  • edited December 2017
    Pedro45 said:

There is some wild speculation on here, unsurprisingly. I would caution that there is no evidence Varney is behind any current approach and that someone - almost certainly Murray, in my opinion - is continuing to brief that nothing is imminent. Other sources have been more encouraging.

And maybe she has got a job with another English club, and that would be seen as a conflict of interest if she remained in January during the transfer window?

Anyway, I'm glad she's gone; I'm glad Roland is communicating his desire to sell; and I am hopeful that a sale goes through sooner rather than later so we can start to build for next season very soon.
    This is why I am cautious (although I am not suggesting Murray is Sven’s source).

https://twitter.com/svenclaes/status/946363946302365701

Or her new club wanted her in place for their Jan transfer window dealings.....to allow her to have time to snap up Charlton's promising defender Konsa for £150k!

All part of RDs plan to have the last passing shot at the protesters. Just like he did at Standard Liege when he sold Watt to Charlton for peanuts just before his exit.
    particularly given his current value...
  • Addickted said:

Pedro45 said:

There is some wild speculation on here, unsurprisingly. I would caution that there is no evidence Varney is behind any current approach and that someone - almost certainly Murray, in my opinion - is continuing to brief that nothing is imminent. Other sources have been more encouraging.

This is why I am cautious (although I am not suggesting Murray is Sven’s source).

I don't get this.

Surely if a sale is not imminent, then RD would have put in place at least a temporary replacement for KM. Surely RM cannot be filling in that role for the time being?

This is the key time for a CEO to be in place as the transfer window opens.
    Cost cutting
  • Sponsored links:

• So is the latest picture that there is no immediate sale, and 'the board' will use the absence of Meire as an excuse for no January transfer incomings?
    The only compensation in that scenario would be more photographs of the Lookman trench.
  • The Daily Express reporting Aussies buying for £20m.
  • seth plum said:

So is the latest picture that there is no immediate sale, and 'the board' will use the absence of Meire as an excuse for no January transfer incomings?
    The only compensation in that scenario would be more photographs of the Lookman trench.

If there are to be transfer dealings under this regime then RD will assume RM can handle them. I don’t know what else Meire did.
  • Addickted said:

Pedro45 said:

I don't get this.

Surely if a sale is not imminent, then RD would have put in place at least a temporary replacement for KM. Surely RM cannot be filling in that role for the time being?

I’m sure the fact that a new CEO is not going to be appointed purely reflects that the club is being sold. It doesn’t imply to me that any deal is “imminent” in the true meaning of the word. A recruitment process for a new CEO would likely take several months and with a sale likely within the next three it would simply not be viable. A temporary appointment probably costly and pointless.

Duchatelet has said that he and Murray will be more hands on in the interim and I imagine they will take council where they think fit.

The transfer window certainly looks very uncertain now though. I think I had already given up on this season. As long as we do get new owners with proper ambition and skills enough to run the club properly I think regardless of where we finish in the league the season will have been a success.

• Hmmm. Pretty worrying how this is shaping up. Basically cut all costs strip things right back and sell the club in a total mess. Pretty similar to what happened before RD bought us. What saddens me is through very bad luck with injuries and now a complete lack of interest from our owners a promising season could fall apart. Feel sorry for Robinson who has done a great job in very difficult circumstances with so much instability around him. I just hope a deal is done fast so we can be active in January.
  • Dansk_Red said:

The Daily Express reporting Aussies buying for £20m.

Link
  • Dansk_Red said:

The Daily Express reporting Aussies buying for £20m.

Hope this one is wide of the mark.

• cfgs said:

Addickted said:

Pedro45 said:

I don't get this.

Cost cutting
    We were paying her!?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!