Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:

Why is everyone against this Australian bid when we know next to nothing about it

When it was 1st mentioned (pre-Muir) it was widely reported that they couldn't afford to buy the ground in the deal. Any deal must have the Valley and not Staprix debt and interest, otherwise I'd prefer no deal rather than a bad deal. Where have I heard that recently?
    Hasn’t it been reported numerous times that the current Australian bid is with totally different people involved?
  • J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Why is everyone against this Australian bid when we know next to nothing about it

When it was 1st mentioned (pre-Muir) it was widely reported that they couldn't afford to buy the ground in the deal. Any deal must have the Valley and not Staprix debt and interest, otherwise I'd prefer no deal rather than a bad deal. Where have I heard that recently?
    Hasn’t it been reported numerous times that the current Australian bid is with totally different people involved?
    yes, Muir and his Greek Australian mate

• J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

yes, Muir and his Greek Australian mate

So can we all stop being doom and gloom about this Australian bid if it’s totally different people.
  • Uboat said:

The president is quiet, I presume he is the twitter account of the Belgium 20

Or he who must not be named.
    Voldemort?
    We are taking Hogwarts down. No ifs no buts.
  • RedChaser said:

Curb_It said:

PopIcon said:

It's the Express ffs, I would take all their drivel with a pinch of salt.

Exactly. The Express.

Why do people get so worked up? Let the facts com out first, the real facts and then worry / celebrate.

This ^ . Understandable mind you after the last four years but lots of bed wetting going on nonetheless.........Kay Sara Sara
    any relation to jay jay okocha?

Nigerian consortium buying charlton confirmed
    Here we go....
  • Who is the Greek Australian?
  • edited December 2017
    I cannot wait for my first match back!!!!!! I’ve missed it so much.
  • mascot88 said:

This is FANTASTIC news, however we much temper it with the huge unknowns ahead of us. I am waiting with baited breath to find out which mob of lunatics are next in line to run this great club...

Indeed it is an exciting yet anxious time. Never the less Charlton Life brooks no malapropisms...bated’ not ‘baited’.

A good owner is worth nothing if poor grammar prevails.
    This was the problem at the 1946 cupp finial.
    Not a lot of people know that.
  • Sponsored links:

• I just hope the first thing new owners are advised to do is get the fans on side. All they’d have to do is get Powell back in charge.
  • My return to The Valley is getting closer... It has been a while!
  • Come on redhenry find out some more info ???
  • Well, first off, this is great news!

Good to hear from you Napa.
    Cautiously optimistic.
    If all goes well will you be coming over?
    There's a warm beer waiting on the bar for you.
  • Today's Sun newspaper has a similar story to the Daily Express.....implying that a £20m takeover is lined up with an Aussie Consortium.
  • Valley11 said:

Who is the Greek Australian?

sorry no name for him

• The Greek Australian is not part of the equation.
  • Sponsored links:

• lolwray said:

seth plum said:

The Greek Australian is not part of the equation.

Its not Pythagoras then ?
    No... coming from a different angle now
    I'd agree with this to a certain degree.
  • Wish you lot wouldn’t keep taking this thread off on a tangent.

Sorry

Sorry

It's the only square root we know.

Sorry

Acute sense of humour failure :wink:
  • CAFCsayer said:

Can we cut the shit maths jokes and go back to talking about our, apparently, imminent takeover?

Or is it all just Pi in the sky?

I think you've solved your own equation
  • Rumour of the last couple of weeks is that the Greek Aussie pulled out, but as far as we could tell he was only a front man anyway.
  • Airman who is your money on as new owners ?.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!